It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will never kneel

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I wouldn't be kneeling to BLM though. As I have posted I would be kneeling for Floyd, Dorn, Timpa etc etc and I would hope that police officers and my peers would kneel with me. It doesn't even have to be kneeling, it could be marching, dancing, shaking hands whatever the case it's just a step towards trying to establish better relations amongst everyone. Kneeling would be a good symbolization of the way Chauvin killed Floyd so that's why I think it would be appropriate.

In order for anything to get better I think all sides need to hear each other out and acknowledge the wrong doings amongst their ranks. Crime is bad, police brutality is bad, rioting and looting is bad, racism is bad and as long as we can all agree on that I think that would be a great start.
edit on 7-6-2020 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: DustDoses

Who arrested Chauvin and his buddies? Police officers.

Who will transport them to court and prison if convicted? Police officers.

Who will stand guard to ensure their right to a trial by jury procedes without violence? Police officers.

LOL. You're incredibly naive.

It's called viral video. George Floyd would have simply died of "medical complications" if the entire world wasn't there to witness.

We need police to protect the public. Not complicated!

We don't need #os who treat every large brown man like it was 1986 and and they're Arnie stuck in a phonebooth with The Predator.

And we don't need the #os protecting those #os.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Protest.

March.

STAND UP to injustice!

All wonderful and have my complete support.

Kneeling? An act of submission, subservience.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Remember when it use to be standing up for what you believed in ?

Now it's on your knees white trash.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DustDoses

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Kneeling signifies surrender, subjugation, and inability. Always has; always will.

TheRedneck

Look, you don't have to take a knee that's fine.

But you have proven to everyone who reads your nonsense that you don't understand the most basic, common sense #, such as context.

Taking a knee in this situation, the context for this tradition came from the sport of football. I'm sorry if it makes you feel like a little bitch, just don't do it.

But not everyone else reads immasculation and subjugation in every little thing with so much neuroticism. What does that tell us about you personally?

You're like one of those guys that thinks that wearing red is a microaggression because red is the color of rage and blood and fire.

It's a little pathetic.

So, you start out with "you don't have to take a knee that's fine" and then go into long diatribe basically berating him for being too stupid to not understand why he should?

Yeah, I think it's not fine for him to not take a knee as far as you're concerned, and that's precisely why none of us want to. You have so very much invested in us doing it.

And you're right in that the context came from football, but it came from Colin Kaeprnick who was not kneeing it out in victory formation. Whatever he intended, the message came out something else - disrespect.

I'm berating him for not thinking with his head or his heart.

If you don't want to do something, just don't do it.

It's like being yelled at by a female for standing up too straight because my posture becomes the phallic symbol of an erect penis.

In short, offensively stupid.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Remember when it use to be standing up for what you believed in ?

Now it's on your knees white trash.

If you "stand" for something instead of kneeling and submitting, you're far harder to control and manipulate.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

He is thinking with his head and his heart. So am I.

Women who are berating you for that? They're thinking all with emotion, no head involved at all. And people who are going to berate people who see kneeling as an act of submission? Likewise only thinking on emotion.

In order to make any compromise work, you meet in the middle. I'll meet you in the middle ... on my feet.

There was a picture of congressmen kneeling in congress. Do know the only thing they lacked? The persons standing behind them execution style with the gun. There was no pride or anything else in the gesture. It was creepy.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I will concede to that if you're not comfortable kneeling at least you are for a discussion that could hopefully lead to better relations and change for the betterment of society.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I can see where you are uncomfortable with anyone shaming you in to doing anything. I just hope that we can all freely discuss and try to hear one another out without getting offended and hopefully learn something from each other.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

We'll never be able to see eye-to-eye if one of us is on his knees.
edit on 7-6-2020 by DBCowboy because: Covid drank my beer

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: neo96

I can see where you are uncomfortable with anyone shaming you in to doing anything. I just hope that we can all freely discuss and try to hear one another out without getting offended and hopefully learn something from each other.

I'm a 10 year ATS veteran.

You can't shame me.

It's been tried, and they fail.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Too much ado about nothing at the end of the day as long as we are all on the same page as far as being willing to even be in the same room/space together and willing to hear each other out civily it would be a start.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Too much ado about nothing at the end of the day as long as we are all on the same page as far as being willing to even be in the same room/space together and willing to hear each other out civily it would be a start.

I agree.

I just can't abide any group or individual that would insinuate that the only way I can support anything is on my knees.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granto222
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

How on earth does not wanting to kneel or not having an obligation to join the protesters in any way shape or from mean that is contributing to a fractured country? The don't have me convinced of anything other than they are corrupt and indecent humans.

You think ppl that don't go looting and protesting are somehow ignorant to what is going on?

What post of mine did you read to come to that conclusion ?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I don't think all police are bad and I don't think all protesters are bad. It is my stance is that back the blue and BLM have some valid arguments and opinions that should be shared and expressed without either side getting offended.

I agree, and it will take all sides to address the problem.

I supported BLM when it started up, until it essentially became OBLM (Only Black Lives Matter). That's where they went off the rails. The "Back the Blue" (is that a real name?) movement is good in principle, but they have to understand that in order for the people to back the blue, the blue has to back the people. It's not a one-way street on either side. There has to be compromise, and alas, compromise is hard to find today.

I hope you get where I'm coming from now.

Eh, I tend to have this problem; it's called "being human." Sometimes I don't come across the way I think I am. I was not really disagreeing as much as I was attempting to explain my position. It may have come across as disagreeable, though, since I have been disagreeing with others. Hazards of the Mud Pit.

I think we are actually pretty close on this subject... but on the subject of kneeling... nope, that I will not do. It will hurt the cause and grieve my God at the same time. I wish others could see that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Black lives matter can kiss my ass if they ever expect me to kneel before anyone.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Taking a knee in this situation, the context for this tradition came from the sport of football.

Seeing as it was started by Colin Kaepernick, who was a quarterback at the time, I'm sure it does. Since you obviously jumped in with both feet before you looked at the water, let me re-post what I have already said:

In football, the knee is taken one of two times during game play. One is the touchback. That is where the receiver, during a change of possession, takes the ball in the end zone and has an opportunity to advance it. If he feels overwhelmed by the approaching defense, he has the opportunity to surrender while in the end zone by taking a knee. That stops the play and means he does not have to engage the defense. The condition for that surrender is the ball is placed at the 25 yard line (might be 20 still for NFL; haven't watched it in a while so my numbers are from NCAA).

The other instance is when a team is on offense and the game is pretty much over. The quarterback can take a knee, signifying they surrender a down without an attempt to gain yardage. This is only used when the clock is ticking down to halftime or completion and the offensive team is ahead, in order to run down the clock and finish the game. Doing do at any other time would be considered an immensely foolish play, akin almost to forfeit.

It does happen occasionally when a fumble is made on the snap and the ball gets loose. A player can take the ball and kneel, bringing the play to a close. That happens rarely, but when it does it is an absolute case of surrender before something worse happens.

Both of those football references are based on surrender.

When a player scores a touchdown, occasionally they will kneel in the end zone with their head bowed, sometimes a finger pointing to the sky. They are kneeling before God to thank Him for their good fortune. They are showing subservience. Listen to any of these players being interviewed after the game and they will all thank God.

In other words, you just proved that taking a knee is akin to surrender and/or subservience.

ThRedneck

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I stand in solidarity against those people.

And I stand beside you!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It's called viral video. George Floyd would have simply died of "medical complications" if the entire world wasn't there to witness.

We need police to protect the public. Not complicated!

I agree.

Now what is your solution? You don't seem to like anyone else's.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I respect anyone's decision not to kneel stand with me then like redneck and dbccowboy said they would. I just want to reiterate I don't think they want you to kneel before anyone, the kneeling in this aspect would be to represent the kneeling that chauvin did on Floyd's neck and the solidarity that comes with that act. Again I respect your decision if you decide not to kneel, just know that I don't see it like kneeling or being submissive to anyone in general.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join