It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will never kneel

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: Gryphon66

It’s ok for protestors to execute David dorn? Here we go with the hypocrites.

Can you quote me on that?

I mean, you're not trying to imply I said something that I didn't, are you?

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

To be honest, I've never really seen why people got so angry over taking a knee. If anything its probably more respectful. I get he's rich and it wasnt needed, and it was probably a publicity stunt for his declining years, but whatever, good for him.

Because whatever Kaepernick intended, he communicated it wrong, and lots of people saw it as a sign of disrespect to the entire system - the whole country - not just a protest against police brutality, one small facet of it.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: TheRedneck

I think he’s referring to robbing a pregnant woman at gunpoint by putting the gun to her belly. You may have already known about that. Lots of people don’t.

Yes, Guilty ... why don't you tell us all the facts of the matter.

Floyd was convicted of the crime you describe. He served his five-year sentence and was released.

So, tell us, is it okay for the cops to murder all ex-cons, or just the Black ones?

Just the black ones?? You are projecting your racism. Floyd was a violent felon. Fact.
He was a horrible human that was tortured to death by another horrible human.
If you can’t agree on that then that says more about you than me.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Not sure, but in the last 10 days more cops and innocents have been killed than 'peaceful protesters'. Some of the cops were black.

Maybe the time for rubber bullets is over. I mean, if the police a so f'n evil why are they not just picking people off?

and DC, As far as on my knees to show solidarity. Nope. Not a chance.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: AnrkE

What a bunch of bull#, that does not apply, it's all about respect and human rights...dying does not come into it...unless absolutely necessary.

So shake my hand. That's a gesture of respect and equality too, and it doesn't require either of us to humble and humiliate ourselves in the process.

So, let's get this straight ...

People can only express themselves as YOU approve of? Do I have that right?

If others want to kneel, that's on them, but I'm not going to. You're clever enough to read what I wrote. I used "my" in there -

So shake my hand.

Btw, I knew the new civility wouldn't last. You're back to your old word games again, I see.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: AnrkE

What a bunch of bull#, that does not apply, it's all about respect and human rights...dying does not come into it...unless absolutely necessary.

So shake my hand. That's a gesture of respect and equality too, and it doesn't require either of us to humble and humiliate ourselves in the process.

So, let's get this straight ...

People can only express themselves as YOU approve of? Do I have that right?

If others want to kneel, that's on them, but I'm not going to. You're clever enough to read what I wrote. I used "my" in there -

So shake my hand.

Btw, I knew the new civility wouldn't last. You're back to your old word games again, I see.

If your statement was that you aren't going to kneel I should think you would have said "I'm not going to kneel" as oppsoed to trying to throw shade at what others choose to do.

/shrug

ETA: What "new civility" are you referring to? Is this something else you've made up in your mind?
edit on 6-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

What did he do after moving to Minneapolis?

Lab report looks like Meth, heroin and some other random narcotics. Oh, and passing bad checks...

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I see you've never had a firearm pointed at you.

Not something one forgets especially when it's inside their own home.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I think he’s referring to robbing a pregnant woman at gunpoint by putting the gun to her belly. You may have already known about that. Lots of people don’t.

I don't know about this.
Can you explain?

In 2009 in Houston he plead guilty to entering a woman’s home putting a gun to her head and beating her and searched her house for drugs and money. Did five years then moved to Minneapolis

You've obviously studied Floyd's life history, I mean, surely you're not just repeating the parts that fit your narrative.

Are you?

He worked at a nightclub, did lots of fentanyl and meth and made counterfeit money.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Lab report looks like Meth, heroin and some other random narcotics. Oh, and passing bad checks...

Oh, well, #, murder him in the street then, AMIRITE?

That kind of response is beneath you, Mata.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I don't know about this.
Can you explain?

In 2009 in Houston he plead guilty to entering a woman’s home putting a gun to her head and beating her and searched her house for drugs and money. Did five years then moved to Minneapolis

You've obviously studied Floyd's life history, I mean, surely you're not just repeating the parts that fit your narrative.

Are you?

He worked at a nightclub, did lots of fentanyl and meth and made counterfeit money.

Awesome.

So killing him in the street was okay then. No need for all that justice stuff.

Gotcha.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

There's no expiration date on victims emotional trauma.

I will not argue that. However, there is an expiration date on a felon's sentence. Once that expiration date is reached, the debt to society is paid and the felon goes free (with restrictions). Otherwise, you are advocating for all sentences to be mandatory life.

That fact explains why the police decided to arrest him solely on the word of the shopowner. No problems with that.

But once he is down on the ground, with hands cuffed behind his back, the police still have a duty to protect him as well. Despite any previous record, he is still only a suspect and assumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The actions of the cop who murdered him are not consistent with proper police actions and constitute a severe abuse of power. He was told at one point to get in the police car and responded he would. The cop kept him pinned down, still telling him to get in the car, apparently expecting him to get into the car while pinned down and unable to breathe properly. That is inexcusable.

We either have a justice system where all accused have the rights afforded in the Constitution, or we have a police state where no one has any rights if the police decide they don't. I prefer the former over the latter.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

We either have a justice system where all accused have the rights afforded in the Constitution, or we have a police state where no one has any rights if the police decide they don't. I prefer the former over the latter.

TheRedneck

Well said.

Spot on.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I will not argue that. However, there is an expiration date on a felon's sentence. Once that expiration date is reached, the debt to society is paid and the felon goes free (with restrictions). Otherwise, you are advocating for all sentences to be mandatory life.

Anyone that misuses a firearm like that should be sentenced to life.

I find what he did inexcusable.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I don't know about this.
Can you explain?

This is honestly the first time I've heard about this.
I find nothing in the major news about this.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I don't know about this.
Can you explain?

Are you?

Awesome.

So killing him in the street was okay then. No need for all that justice stuff.

Gotcha.

No you don’t got me. You got a straw man. No one has said killing him was okay. But that is the argument you keep attacking. (Waves hands) I’m over here, dude. Talk to me, quit talking to that straw man.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I find nothing in the major news about this.

Because they've been busy White Washing it.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I see you've never had a firearm pointed at you.

Not something one forgets especially when it's inside their own home.

I see you've never had a knee across your throat in the street until you died by a criminal in a cop uniform.

Over and over and over again. Different means of execution, outcomes the same.

And people wonder why Black Americans don't always feel so warm and fuzzy toward the police.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Anyone that misuses a firearm like that should be sentenced to life.

I have little real problem with that either. But it seems your issue is with the courts that sentenced him or the legislators who wrote the laws. Not with Floyd.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I've never been jacked up on drugs with a bad heart trying to pass fake money to buy cigarettes to destroy my lungs even more while having Chi-com 19.

Don't expect I will anytime soon either.
edit on 6-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join