It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your favorite childhood songs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
RUSH: Moving Pictures

I still have the CD in my car; I go nowhere without it.

The first side of that album, still pushes me toward speeding tickets.

SSSAAAAAAAAMMMMMMME! I was 11 when it came out. It's one album I've never gotten tired of. "The Camera Eye" has earned me at least one speeding ticket when I first started driving. Damn near got cuffed and stuffed because I had long hair. Small town cops. Grrrrr.
edit on 5-6-2020 by 4003fireglo because: 11. I was 11. Not 10. Bad at math.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Blood Sweat N Tears.. So very happy..a reply to: Fools

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo

SSSAAAAAAAAMMMMMMME! I was 11 when it came out. It's one album I've never gotten tired of. "The Camera Eye" has earned me at least one speeding ticket when I first started driving. Damn near got cuffed and stuffed because I had long hair. Small town cops. Grrrrr.

I got pulled over in Phoenix, back in the late 1990s. Loop 303... back when it was all farmland.

It was late evening, I was cranking "Red Barchetta", and driving well above the speed limit. Arizona DPS got me.

He asked why I felt the need to drive that fast, and I told him the truth. He was a Rush fan, and I got off with a warning.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo

I have a Chevy Impala, now.

"The Camera Eye"... would get me in serious trouble these days. Thank God for cruise control... and, I only listen to it at a reasonable volume.

(TBH, I wrote that for my wife. If I drive that car, while playing "The Camera Eye" at a high volume... it will most likely end in a felony arrest. If you are my future defense attorney... dude... sorry.)
edit on 5-6-2020 by madmac5150 because: My drinking grammar sucks

edit on 5-6-2020 by madmac5150 because: Thats better

edit on 5-6-2020 by madmac5150 because: I feel like Phillip J Fry

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I was Born in 1963 and had 2 older brothers....
One born in 1950 and the other in 1958..... My brothers are Amazing, still!

They Always took me riding around with them even as a baby
They Entertained me every chance they got..

They raced cars on the weekends and naturally I was with them!

In Our Neighborhood through the week We would tune the cars up and get them ready for right there in the front yard.....
All the other gear heads stopped by and we all made it ........A THANG
Everyone spent the summer at the Buffalo Valley races!

Plus Our Mom & Pop owned and ran a little dive Diner with the juke box..

So I have strange collection of music that I love and remember fondly....
I'm just gonna name a few.....a few that evoke some of my best memories!

Hot Rod Lincoln...........Commander Cody

Crystal Blue Persuasion ........Tommy James & the Shondells

Draggin the Line............Tommy James

Sam Stone...........John Prine

Dear Abby.............John Prine

In Spite of Ourselves......John Prine & Iris Dement

Illegal Smile............John Prine.........All Of His Songs actually

Come and Get Your Love...........Redbone

Spinning Wheel...........Blood, Sweat & Tears

Paint It Black.........The Rolling Stones
Locomotion..........Little Eva

All of Dr Hook and The Medicine Show

Fortunate Son......CCR

All Beatles........
The Lion Sleeps Tonight

Nights in White Satan...........Moody Blues

Sam Cooke, ........Neil Young,.......... Jim Morrison & The Doors,.....

AC/DC........VAN HALEN,....... LYNARD SKYNARD......LED ZEPPLIN

CHARLIE RICH....CHARLIE PRIDE......

Just to name few!

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
In elemetary school I won a Tommy TuTone record.. Jenny 8675309. I jumped rope longer than anyone.. and that record was like getting a 6 foot tall solid gold trophy. LOL!

I grew up with Creedence and etc but my dad liked Chuck Berry and Otis Redding and etc. He drove like a maniac and we had a lot of cobblestone streets. No seatbelts in a car back then and it was like a carnie roller coaster going to the docks sliding all over.. getting a concussion on the windows.. knocking my teeth out trying to take a drink of purple pop out of the glass bottle while taking a turn... him blaring ( HAH.. those speakers..) Hotrod Lincoln or whatever.

One song I ALWAYS loved :

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

My Father used to sing these to me..... good memories.
edit on 6-6-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
When I was a child we didn't listen to rock or pop, we listened to show tunes on records:

Sal

edit on 6-6-2020 by SallieSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Thanks for all of your replies. I plan on listening to all of them this weekend. And yeah, I hit the sauce a little too much yesterday. Just found out I have to put my cat to sleep. I don't handle that kind of thing too well.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I had to have one put to sleep in May of 2019. It was the first cat I ever adopted and although she had cancer, she wasn't old and weak so it was really difficult. I cried and cried and held her little paw while the vet gave her the euthanasia drug. She was already sedated from an exam so she went to "sleep" quickly and quietly. After it was over I was glad that her suffering was ended.

Sal

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The Monkies for sure! My mom had their 8-track and I played the heck out of that one.

Then, there was Queen. Man, the best. Going to the skating rink and hearing We are the Champions and Fat Bottomed Girls and Flash and Bohemian Rhapsody. Nothing will ever beat Freddie Mercury for me.

ELO and Styx. Those were some amazing bands. I still love Jeff Lynne singing with the Traveling Wilburys.

I even liked Johnny Cash as country music was pretty commonly heard around my house and my grandparents place. Plus Dolly Parton. She's still awesome.

My step dad really got me into a lot of classic bands like CCR, Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Uriah Heep, Fleetwood Mac.

Great memories.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I had to have one put to sleep in May of 2019. It was the first cat I ever adopted and although she had cancer, she wasn't old and weak so it was really difficult. I cried and cried and held her little paw while the vet gave her the euthanasia drug. She was already sedated from an exam so she went to "sleep" quickly and quietly. After it was over I was glad that her suffering was ended.

Sal

Thanks, he is our kids cat you know? Been here with them since they were 7 yo or so. SOrt of bringing mortality into focus as always. Anyway, I thank you for your concern, it is appreciated.

<< 1   >>

join