It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Mitnick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   
One has to wonder about the greatest hacker ever to be caught. After breaching government security, evading the FBI for so long, and being imprisoned, why did Mitnick decide to help the government? I mean sure, he could've realized that his actions were wrong and he turned over a new leaf. I however believe that during his incarceration he had some kind of brainwashing. It wouldn't be the first time the government has done something like that. He was in solitary confinement for 8 months straight! That alone can have devastating effects on someone. But why 8 months...for a computer hacker? Makes you wonder what he might have learned...

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think Mitnick was used as an "example" to the rest of the hacker community. he, unfortunately, was villified and was treated rather unfairly in order to set precedents in the prosecution of computer security cases.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
8 months? Maybe thats how long it took for him to figure out a few truths. It took me 25 years LOL

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I could do 8 months in solitary with no problem, and would actually prefer it rather than enter the general population. Give me solitary confinement and you are doing me a big favor, not a punishment.

new topics

top topics

join