It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where'd All These Woke White People Come From?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This article keenly points out the hypocrisy of your and my FB and IG feed. The overwhelming Celebrity and Corporate virtue-signaling happening right now. I'm just an avg white dude observing this trying to make sense of it all.

The Root by Michael Harriot

But this meaningless, performative show of solidarity is not just limited to companies and brands. All of a sudden, white people are ready to take a stand against racism after saying nothing about it for years.

I don’t think most white people are racists. I think most white people don’t think about race because they don’t have to.

I don't agree with every single part of the article, but I think it makes some huge points about angry white protesters, who will, in less than 6 months, or weeks, return to not thinking about race. Their hypocrisy is nauseating.

edit on 5-6-2020 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2020 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks white privilidge is a thing...aint been to Appalachia.

Anyone with half a brain knows this is about poor vs. rich...not race.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Anyone who thinks white privilidge is a thing...aint been to Appalachia.

Anyone with half a brain knows this is about poor vs. rich...not race.

Haven't lived there, know someone that does, looked like a third-world country when I went through to meet him in person. We have a shared hobby and he used to be on an internet chat site that I belong to. If he's still alive he's suffering through black lung from the coal mines. I wanted to meet him in person while I still had the chance, probably 10-12 years ago now, and I was stunned by what I saw when I got off the main highway. It's unbelievable to me that our own people live like that.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It is election "season". Some of these people are
just paid trolls working for the Democrat party.

The Democrat's are using DARPA Artificial Intelligence
to find hotbed issues, and target any pro Trump accounts.

www.dailywire.com...

I am not sure exactly how that works, I was hoping someone
who is involved would step forward and explain it, but
surely it involves many "woke" trolls.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

Of course it's virtue signaling, because the same people still buy stuff that people get paid a few dollars a day to make.

But who cares if people think they're doing something by posting a hashtag. I'm sure some of them think they're doing something good.

Isn't posting about them doing that the inverse? Why do people feel the need to do the same thing against it?

Personally I think we all have much bigger problems to solve before we can even address whatever this is. How are we supposed to fix any injustice, perceived or real while we keep running the country into the ground with debt? I'm all ears on how we achieve class equality (if even possible) while we keep up the same habits.

Someone, please, tell me.
edit on 5-6-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Just a question, but if white people generally go back to work and not think about race, wouldn't that make us not racist?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Of course it's virtue signaling, because the same people still buy stuff that people get paid a few dollars a day to make.

But who cares if people think they're doing something by posting a hashtag. I'm sure some of them think they're doing something good.

Isn't posting about them doing that the inverse? Why do people feel the need to do the same thing against it?

Personally I think we all have much bigger problems to solve before we can even address whatever this is. How are we supposed to fix any injustice, perceived or real why we keep running the country into the ground with debt? I'm all ears on how we achieve class equality (if even possible) while we keep up the same habits.

Someone, please, tell me.

I'd love an answer to that question too but the truth is, nobody knows.

We are being slowly chipped away at to a point of despair.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Just a question, but if white people generally go back to work and not think about race, wouldn't that make us not racist?

Good point.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

White silence is violence! hue hue

Mk ultra never ended. We are witnessing it in real time.

Think about CNN Atlanta being attacked by the mob they created, yet they still insisted the protests were peaceful.

edit on 5-6-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Say what you will, spin how you want (Not you personally) broadcast scripts and fiction, but the White people are watching closely. Not every white guy is a spokesman for whites. Months from now as places are out of business or destroyed as a consequence of the looting and rioting that went on remain to see, the White people will remember and have their personal thoughts on the way blacks behaved and the unnecessary destruction and looting that was done. Their regard for blacks will likely hold resentments, if not hatred even deeper than before the events from Memorial Day. This will be as infamous as the Watts riots, maybe more as it spread worldwide.

Not a good move by blacks. There were all colors looting, taking advantage of the rioting, but the act of rioting facilitated the destructive actions that took place. The thievery and arson. Murder and mayhem.
Those whites you speak of will remember in thefuture, times that might benefit blacks, and make their choice as what to or not to support. There will be long lasting consequence. If you think the whites got 'schooled'.... you are fooling yourselves or Naïve.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Just wait until there's a petition to rename The White House.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Say what you will, spin how you want (Not you personally) broadcast scripts and fiction, but the White people are watching closely. Not every white guy is a spokesman for whites. Months from now as places are out of business or destroyed as a consequence of the looting and rioting that went on remain to see, the White people will remember and have their personal thoughts on the way blacks behaved and the unnecessary destruction and looting that was done. Their regard for blacks will likely hold resentments, if not hatred even deeper than before the events from Memorial Day. This will be as infamous as the Watts riots, maybe more as it spread worldwide.

Not a good move by blacks. There were all colors looting, taking advantage of the rioting, but the act of rioting facilitated the destructive actions that took place. The thievery and arson. Murder and mayhem.
Those whites you speak of will remember in thefuture, times that might benefit blacks, and make their choice as what to or not to support. There will be long lasting consequence. If you think the whites got 'schooled'.... you are fooling yourselves or Naïve.

I strongly disagree.

I think this is going to strengthen the resolve of law abiding citizens of all colours.

It will take some time to separate the wheat from the chaff but I think we'll get there in the end.

At least I hope so.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think a lot of it has to do with people being out of work, nothing to do for a few months. Given an emotional outlet and cause I would say a lot of people were out that maybe wouldn't have been if circumstances were different.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I have nothing to add but it mirrors every person I’ve heard talk about this situation. I actually already am disappointed in the chosen plan of action. Everyone wants to act they rose to a higher plane and are woke but it’s counterproductive to society as a whole.
It reminds me of severe schizophrenia when you get in a frenzy and everything is clear and crystal and everyone is looking at you like you’ve gone mad. I am not saying go back to sleep and just hope the next day is new and bright but there are better ways to show civility. I was not racist but honestly, I am going to keep my distance from here on out. I have a black daughter and hope the heck she realizes that being a hoodlum throwing a tantrum hurts more than constructively working towards a positive outcome for not only herself but society as a whole.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

It puzzles me how they have been able to keep this racism boat afloat in a sea that is supposed full of intelligent, awoke people of all cultures and colors.

I was talking to a friend today over the phone. She commented on the all the craziest that is going on all over. I asked Diane if she had been out this week. She said that she had been shopping twice this week and would be going out a little later today. I asked her if the protestors or looters had been a problem for her. She seemed puzzled, with my question. She then told me, "No." "There isn't anything like that out here". My point exactly.

We are a fairly diverse community, we are mostly hard working people that recognize the importance of community and are blessed enough to be able to share. We are not blind or insensitive to the problems that others face, and some of us even work with community and religious groups to assist and donate where and when we can. But we do it for those that need it, not because of their color or culture.

If we believe everything they are posting all over the internet and on the news, we would be afraid to leave our homes or be ready to shoot anyone we saw, that that was a different color, based solely on fear and hatred developed from deception, lies, and manipulation.

We have more people of color that are strong contributing members of the community than are thugs, lazy, welfare cheats, or drug addicts. Yet, we still have way too many people falling for the lies and still believing the negative images they keep posting of people of color. Even those that know that they never see any of those images in their own communities. It is so hard for me to understand why they allow the virtual images to be more real than those that they live and see with their two eyes.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Wow, you should try driving through a city some time. It's like they're everywhere!

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

is it because it seems like whites loot as well , due to technology video evidence today vs the early 90s where shows like cops and America's most wanted, or fix news were the screen time for blacks.

not more woke whites, more people with camera phones.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is weird. It's like an alternate reality.

Twitter video of weird "woke" gathering
edit on 5-6-2020 by HiddenI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I don’t think most white people are racists. I think most white people don’t think about race because they don’t have to.

That is until they're being racist and oppressive right? Honestly I'm confused which is it? Now white people don't think about race enough? I thought that was the #ing problem.

The whole world would be a better place if everyone would stop thinking about race so much and worried about something useful for a change.

edit on 5/6/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

No just having a white job makes them racist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join