It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates thinks conspiracy theories are stupid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

"Mood: Bent"

Flattered!

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Bent8484

Except when they are not a theory.

Thanks to his powerful link's with the WHO and the then far more sympathetic state department of the US Mr Gates was able to have this involvement brushed well and truly under the proverbial rug.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Sometime's bad, nay evil, idea's do not go away but linger and continue to inspire evil, sometimes unintentional evil but most often quite intentional evil.

And think he is still a genius, well he is as far as business is concerned but what about other areas in his life, is he just a salesman and con artist with a flair for business, maybe he is But not the genius you thought?.

Other way round, "his power links to WHO" It's more WHO's powerful links to BILL

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LocalGenius

Yes indeed he probably is just a frontman but a very well paid frontman, who are the puppet masters, well probably the usual crowd.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The only thing a billionaire can't buy.

Friendship or making people like them.

Who gives a snip what Gates says ?

The company that made him billions was busted for monopolization.

Not a good person.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bent8484
In his own words.

www.businessinsider.com...

It's interesting to me that he felt obligated to address it. That means he knows it's what people think he's up to. Good.

Bill Gates is right. Conspiracy theories are stupid for the most part. The same mindset of people that place their whole world view on conspiracy theories are the same type of people that burned witches back in the day.

The problem Bill Gates has is that he is super logical, fact based, and driven and so he doesn't always take the time to put a positive spin on what he is trying to achieve so it freaks people out. The best analogy off the top of my head is that he is kind of like Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory.

If you don't want to take a vaccine then don't. I don't plan on getting the Covid vaccine, if they ever actually create one in my lifetime. Never get a flu vaccine. But just because Bill Gates is trying to use logic and reason to limit deaths in a pandemic doesn't make him evil and just because people make Youtube videos saying that they are going to implant a chip in you doesn't make it fact.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Oh yes I remember Billy Gates wasn't he Gary Kildall's oil rag, I think that's right, Gary of course had the brains..

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Windows Vista sucked.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

Well, his laptop was likely running windows, and he knows damn well how much it spies on you.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hey Bill.

I'll do you a deal. You take a shot that I prepare for you and I'll take one of yours.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

originally posted by: Bent8484
In his own words.

www.businessinsider.com...

It's interesting to me that he felt obligated to address it. That means he knows it's what people think he's up to. Good.

Bill Gates is right. Conspiracy theories are stupid for the most part. The same mindset of people that place their whole world view on conspiracy theories are the same type of people that burned witches back in the day.

The problem Bill Gates has is that he is super logical, fact based, and driven and so he doesn't always take the time to put a positive spin on what he is trying to achieve so it freaks people out. The best analogy off the top of my head is that he is kind of like Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory.

If you don't want to take a vaccine then don't. I don't plan on getting the Covid vaccine, if they ever actually create one in my lifetime. Never get a flu vaccine. But just because Bill Gates is trying to use logic and reason to limit deaths in a pandemic doesn't make him evil and just because people make Youtube videos saying that they are going to implant a chip in you doesn't make it fact.

No, pretty much whole towns were burning "witches" back in the day... it was more a religion thing.
Nothing stupid about being a "conspiracy theorist" and questioning things. Bill is directly telling you questioning things is stupid, and you're buying that

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

That's one way to look at it, in all seriousness. Not trusting the Windows guy for health care is pretty comparable to why I wouldn't want to be a SpaceX astronaut. I remember the early days of Musk's PayPal.

Anyway, considering Gates' lackadaisical history with quality assurance, I wouldn't want to take his word on the readiness of a health care product for public use. I'll wait for the first Service Pack, tyvm.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LocalGenius

There is a difference between being a conspiracy theorist and questioning things.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Conspiracy theories demand that a person think outside of the box and have a naturally "rebellious" mind.

Look at Gates.. Vanilla. Vanilla in a plain cone. Hes so vanilla I actually feel sorry for his witch of a wife.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Being a conspiracy theorist implies being willing to consider low-likelihood scenarios when likelier-seeming explanations fail in the face of such questioning. It's taking the next step after questioning, and asking yourself what possible explanations would fit, even if those explanations go against expectation, common sense, social consensus, or probability.

Unlikely events do happen. We don't always roll close to the middle of the bell curve, see...only the majority of the time. So there will always be events that can only be explained by exploring low-but-non-zero probability possibilities. By considering conspiracy theories and fringe explanations.

Also, because of their low probability, we can also infer than most of these scenarios will not accurately represent reality. But there are outliers. It happens. Sometimes, crap's just weird and unlikely, and that's reality.

Of course, when human agency is involved, it's not purely a question of probability. Sometimes, people are just weird, too.
edit on 5-6-2020 by Bent8484 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Lol so what I hear you saying is that conspiracy theorists are people that throw a lot of crap at the wall and sees what sticks. Is that accurate?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Lol so what I hear you saying is that conspiracy theorists are people that throw a lot of crap at the wall and sees what sticks. Is that accurate?

If I were a mod Id ban you for that heinous statement, sir! How dare you!! Libelous poison!

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Not quite. It's people who are willing to admit that maybe they threw a few things other than crap at the wall, and now they have to sift through the crap to find it again.

If you have a tendency to defer to authority, or social consensus, I can see how speculating on these ideas might make you feel personally uncomfortable. But then, no offense intended, I don't really see why you'd spend time on a site like ATS, if you don't feel that compulsion to figure out the truth for yourself, instead of taking someone's word for it.

Edit: and if you defer to experts, you should probably at least make sure that they're *subject matter experts*. When did Bill Gates attend med school, exactly?
edit on 5-6-2020 by Bent8484 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It is interesting to track back to find out why and how things are the way they are......

Take the potato for instance..... how to make potatoes popular when no one liked them.....
Who would have thought it was propaganda that achieved it?
edit on 6-6-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
“I’ve never been involved with any sort of microchip-type thing,”

LOL. what a funny guy.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Well, would your definition be? Apart from your already "stupid" definition.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join