It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buffalo Police Knock 75 Year Old Man Down

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Looks to me like he had a helmet in one hand and a phone in the other which he was trying to give to the cop. I don't see any reason for the cop to push him.

I don't know what is round his neck... maybe his ID attached to a strap, like I've seen over here in UK.

As for the blood... I do see that it's coming from his ear, not his head... so I give you one point for that. A ruptured eardrum maybe??
edit on 5-6-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Looks to me like he had a helmet in one hand and a phone in the other which he was trying to give to the cop. I don't see any reason for the cop to push him.

I don't know what is round his neck... maybe his ID attached to a strap, like I've seen over here in UK.
Around his ear. You can see a tube turned in a half circle and pointing into the ear canal. The tube comes from under the mask.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

He tweeted a letter he received from his attorney. This is in regard to the protesters in the square before curfew that on video is peaceful and included clergy from the church. He did not disavow the comment.

President Donald Trump tweeted out a letter Thursday that referred to a group of protesters as “terrorists,” following their violent ouster from a park near the White House earlier this week.

Link

I would not have posted the claim without a link to cite. I have given up posting links because they are ignored or considered "fake news" or because it's claimed "no that's not what was meant".

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

From your link;

President Donald Trump tweeted out a letter Thursday that referred to a group of protesters as “terrorists,” following their violent ouster from a park near the White House earlier this week.

He didn't refer to all the protestors as terrorists, only that a group of them were there. It's hard to determine exactly what he is saying, isn't it?

On one hand you could reference the letter that was retweeted as your prof, but then it wasn't something Trump said is it. On the other hand it's hard to say that violent extremists weren't mixed within the protestors since we all seen the live feeds and videos of what happened there, didn't we.

Thank you for posting the link where you got your idea from (sadly I wish more people would do that... so kudos for that)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Thank you for your civility even though we disagree. It's rare here lately. In re-reading it states:

In his letter, Dowd referred to a group of protesters who were violently forced out of Washington's Lafayette Square on Monday as “terrorists using idle hate … to burn and destroy.”

A group who were violently pushed out. Which was all of them. No mention of a subset of the group. Also, burn and destroy. No one was burning or destroying anything. It was a tense but peaceful protest.

We will agree to disagree. If I tweet or post a quote from someone without a disclaimer about all or part of it, I would think that anyone reading it would infer that I agree with what I posted.

I believe all Trump is doing at this point is pandering to his base. Hence the Bible picture, the " loot and shoot" quote, etc.

Again. Agree to disagree.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Hence ... the " loot and shoot" quote,

President Trump's smart enough to see that pretty much everyone takes opposition to anything inflammatory he says.

If that's a given ...

Why'd he say what he did? To save people from getting shot maybe?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

He could not come up with any phrase except to quote this guy?

Headley was head of the police force for 20 years and referred to his "get tough" policy on crime during a 1967 news conference as a war on "young hoodlums, from 15 to 21, who have taken advantage of the civil rights campaign. ... We don't mind being accused of police brutality."

Link

His supporters always claim what a genius the guy is and that he's 12 steps ahead of everyone but now maybe want to claim he didn't know the origins of this quote? And you do not think at this moment in time it would be inflammatory to the majority of the people? I would say majority in the U.S. but there are worldwide protests going on about this issue .

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
that guy made a try for a police officers gun.

im amazed all they did was shove him.

good for the cops, enough of this nonsense.

i am not walking up to ANYONE holding a gun and trying to steal it. no cop, no criminal, no activist, no army guy.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I watched it. He clearly is up to something. Confronts to cops. Is rightfully so pushed off. Looses balance and falls in an odd fashion. Intentionally? Hard to tell. But falls any way - straight standing and backwards. And for sure gets a bad fall.

But nothing in this, NOTHING, shows that cops acted wrong, or excessively. Clear as day. Cops were calm. Acted orderly.

So, a lot of nonsense.
edit on 5-6-2020 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
#75 2 minutes for Diving!

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I mean, they were just pushing the feller out of the way. It wasn't even a hard push. He was old, looked like he lost his balance and fell. Hard to find blame here.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

So, a lot of nonsense.

Agreed. Looked to me like the old guy reached for the cop's gun and the cop pushed him away.

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

That old man had no business there. My moms 70...no way in hell am i letting her attend a protest.

You in charge of your 70 year old Mom? How about if she tells you to take a hike, Junior?
edit on 6/5/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: rickymouse
Watch the vid, he was clearly pushed backwards.

He was pushed, but it didn't look like he was pushed hard. He stumbled backwards and fell.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: deckdel

So, a lot of nonsense.

Agreed. Looked to me like the old guy reached for the cop's gun and the cop pushed him away.

It looked more like the chap went to shake the cops hand, and was then pushed over.

The cop looks Chinese. Bringing some of his homeland tactics to the streets of America.

Edit. On a closer look, the chap had a mobile phone in his hand, so he couldn't be reaching for the cops gun or wanting to shake the cops hand.

edit on 5-6-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Whether he should have been there is neither here mor there... it was a blatant push and the cop should be punished accordingly... the guy could have died hitting his head like that.

Punished? lol...

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The article says the guy walked up to them and they told him to go back. They nudge him back, then he stops then he gets edged back again, takes several steps backwards and falls. He basically stumbled, they did not knock him over. He then started bleeding from the ear, probably on blood thinners, and they keep going where they are heading.

Nobody knocked that man to the ground according to the article, he walked backwards after being poked back and fell down. Just because he is seventy does not mean he is a cripple, I know lots of seventy plus year olds that are in good shape, none that are stupid enough to be out there during a protest though.

The OP does not match what the article actually says in the content. The guy stumbled going backwards, there were other people around to help him, someone was taking the picture. Why would they leave one cop there if there was a chance there was someone there who would attack him, that kind of thing has been happening. The guy was not pushed over, represent things like they are, don't be acting like money hungry news reporters trying to sell a story.

There are enough bad things happening out there, find a legitimate one to bring here.

Hell, i'm only 57 and used to have excellent balance and reflexes but I wouldn't dare try doing that today. Not only do you not get in any officer's personal space, you sure as hell don't do it while there are protests and such going on all over the country. Your motives just might be questioned, not to mention your intelligence.

Do stupid things, stupid things happen.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Cops a jerk and needs to be addressed.

That old man had no business there. My moms 70...no way in hell am i letting her attend a protest.

I guess your right, the man it seems is frail more because of health issues.

But what about the helmet? does it not look like he hands it to the policeman on screen right, and the other thing is that he was pushed twice by the two police, quite unneeded.
edit on 5-6-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
At this point I really have no sympathy for anyone who is out stirring things up. Yeah. OK. The right to peacefully protest and all. There's way too much BS that's been going on for people to still be claiming they're just trying to peacefully protest. Nope. At this point, if you're out there messing around, you're stirring the pot. You don't go out there and antagonize the cops when things are this hot.

Unfortunately, trolling is as easy as sending an old man into a confrontation with pissed off cops and then acting like you didn't know what was going to happen.
edit on 5-6-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

He was shoved hard by the policeman who runs up from behind , the same one who pushed on the policeman who stopped to hear the old man and then decided to go to his aid,

Thats the one cop who definitely needs sacking here it's the same one that shouts move , and that the old man is faking it , probably too.

People should watch several times with the sound up and second by second , that old man was trying to give a lost phone to them or something like that. He didn't expect to get injured like that , and he could be dead .

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: rickymouse
Watch the vid, he was clearly pushed backwards.

He was pushed, but it didn't look like he was pushed hard. He stumbled backwards and fell.

Sure, it wasn't a charge, just a bit of a shove, more problematic is they kept on going, except the one concerned cop, no doubt emt was called.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join