It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jane Elliott on what everyone can do to fight racism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Privileged white liberals lecturing people on racism.

It's all so tiresome.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
How about I just continue on living my life, and Jane can go on living hers?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Good, now circling back:

So theres levels of racism?
Only certain people can tell others what to do on race matters?
Who are they? You're one? Where does one get such authority?
How many have you cured?
How many actual racist have you met?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No Kets!!

There's a cure here, I'm certain of it!

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

It's all so tiresome.

Ah yeah, I know right. Unfortunately someone has to do it.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

It's all so tiresome.

Does someone really have to do it?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Good, now circling back:

So theres levels of racism?
Only certain people can tell others what to do on race matters?
Who are they? You're one? Where does one get such authority?
How many have you cured?
How many actual racist have you met?

There are many levels and layers of racism. The top ones are internalized racism, institutionalized and person mediated. I believe I have answered your other questions, at least the ones that makes sense. There is not a cure for racism, lol. You help people become better individuals and they practice what they have learned. I am sure I have met many racists but how can you quantify something as obscure as that? How many people actually go around screaming "I am a racist!?"

Now, answer me how exactly you are doing your part to fight racism?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

No Kets!!

Germany thought there was a cure too. It got terribly messy before the rest of the world told them to stop it.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

It's all so tiresome.

Yes, because it is a real life and global problem. Letting it fester without actually discussing it is dangerous and unhealthy.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Oh geeez.

Long time wound slowly healing? Pick at it, poke at it. Over and over and over and over....

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

There are many levels and layers of racism. The top ones are internalized racism, institutionalized and person mediated.

Levels/layers?
Ok, lets try this: Racism

a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

How many people actually go around screaming "I am a racist!?"

Actual racists.

By not being racist. Is there an echo in here?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No Kets!!

Germany thought there was a cure too. It got terribly messy before the rest of the world told them to stop it.

Maybe it'll be different this time....

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

Oh geeez.

Long time wound slowly healing? Pick at it, poke at it. Over and over and over and over....

Yeah, I expected these sort of responses. Denial and jokes around this issue. Care to discuss what you have done in the recent past to help fight racism?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

It's all so tiresome.

Yes, because it is a real life and global problem. Letting it fester without actually discussing it is dangerous and unhealthy.

One thing I've learned in all my years:

You don't want to discuss anything. No one is interested in my perspective. All you want to do is lecture, lecture, lecture on horrible I am because I was born the way I was. You want to harangue me for having a mysterious privilege that I never experienced that has done jack-all for me in life. I grew up poor, and that I have anything at all in life now is a result of wise choices and hard work, not a result of anything handed to me by my parents.

I worked my way through college. I used my body. I was an athlete, and like any black who wins their way out of the ghetto through sports, that was my ticket too, only I happened to be white, and like a lot of my teammates who were minority, I used that opportunity to better myself and get where I am now.

The only benefit I have is a family who valued God and others and education and I had a good head on my shoulders.

I refuse to apologize for any of it, and sure as heck isn't racism. I had teammates with different skin who had the same and came from similar. They were headed out like I was.

So you can stop with your fighting racism schtick. You don't want to talk. You don't want to discuss. You want to blame. Every time I've had a seminar that purports to be a conversation or discussion that's what it is -- minorities wanting to lecture me on how bad I am for being white.
edit on 4-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I fight it by not being a flippin racist. By living my life. You continue it by never shutting up about it. Constantly blaming people for things that happened long BEFORE we were born. It's people like you who are the race baiters. You're the problem.
edit on 4-6-2020 by BoscoMoney because: apostrophe S

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

There are many levels and layers of racism. The top ones are internalized racism, institutionalized and person mediated.

Levels/layers?
Ok, lets try this: Racism

a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

How many people actually go around screaming "I am a racist!?"

Actual racists.

By not being racist. Is there an echo in here?

Ah, just as I figured. You haven't come up with anything tangible on how you have fought it or plan to fight racism. Weren't you the one who was opposed to NFL players kneeling and equated them to cowards? Not saying you are racist but you could have possibly helped the fight on racism by respecting why someone would actually kneel as opposed to stand.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's all so tiresome.

One thing I've learned in all my years:

You don't want to discuss anything. No one is interested in my perspective. All you want to do is lecture, lecture, lecture on horrible I am because I was born the way I was. You want to harangue me for having a mysterious privilege that I never experienced that has done jack-all for me in life. I grew up poor, and that I have anything at all in life now is a result of wise choices and hard work, not a result of anything handed to me by my parents.

I worked my way through college. I used my body. I was an athlete, and like any black who wins their way out of the ghetto through sports, that was my ticket too, only I happened to be white, and like a lot of my teammates who were minority, I used that opportunity to better myself and get where I am now.

The only benefit I have is a family who valued God and others and education and I had a good head on my shoulders.

I refuse to apologize for any of it, and sure as heck isn't racism. I had teammates with different skin who had the same and came from similar. They were headed out like I was.

So you can stop with your fighting racism schtick. You don't want to talk. You don't want to discuss. You want to blame. Every time I've had a seminar that purports to be a conversation or discussion that's what it is -- minorities wanting to lecture me on how bad I am for being white.

LOL. Out of your mouth, dude, not mine. Don't blame me for what others have told you. All I want to know is what folks are doing to help fight racism. Is that such a hard and painful question? Geez, no one is asking you to apologize for anything.

If it would be helpful ask me and I can give suggestions on how but I don't want people to say I am telling them anything.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Ah, just as I figured. You haven't come up with anything tangible on how you have fought it or plan to fight racism.

Your response to my answer to your question is to stick your fingers in your ears and sing LALALALALA?? I certainly believe that you are an engineer!

Weren't you the one who was opposed to NFL players kneeling and equated them to cowards?

No, I was the one who had zero issue with the NFL and/or team (don't remember) who terminated him.

Not saying you are racist but (you are) you could have possibly helped the fight on racism by respecting why someone would actually kneel as opposed to stand.

Who said I did...or didn't?

You going to answer my questions yet?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

Oh geeez.

Yeah, I expected these sort of responses. Denial and jokes around this issue. Care to discuss what you have done in the recent past to help fight racism?

Here is the truth. We are all racist to varying degrees.

But honestly I am way more classist than racist. I hate stupid people. They make me crazy. You know the people that make endless stupid life decisions, like smoking weed everyday or being alcoholics (which I am a recovered one since my early 20's). People that are too stupid to show up to work on time or at all on a consistent basis and then wonder why you are firing then after you warned them 3 times what was going to happen if they didn't make different choices.

People who have endless children with no thought to how they are going to feed them or provide for them.

People who wear there pants hanging off of their asses because they think they look cool.

Dumbasses.

If there was a KKK equivalent for burning crosses on idiots lawns I would be first in line at the big dumb white hat shop.

Race doesn't matter to me nearly as much as whether you make good life choices. I would much rather spend my time with insert non dumbass non white race here than any dumbass white person.

I am guilty! Of being an IQist.
edit on 4-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Ah, just as I figured. You haven't come up with anything tangible on how you have fought it or plan to fight racism.

Your response to my answer to your question is to stick your fingers in your ears and sing LALALALALA?? I certainly believe that you are an engineer!

Weren't you the one who was opposed to NFL players kneeling and equated them to cowards?

No, I was the one who had zero issue with the NFL and/or team (don't remember) who terminated him.

Not saying you are racist but (you are) you could have possibly helped the fight on racism by respecting why someone would actually kneel as opposed to stand.

Who said I did...or didn't?

You going to answer my questions yet?

I remember a thread when you equated NFL players who kneel as cowards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join