It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defund the Police Movement Gathers Steam

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
ITS very very Apparent YOU people are then ones who have a agenda Yours is Nothing less then Total destruction total chaos .
total police state ZERO over site
Once again There is No way any of these replys are from True Americans you may Live in the US but any one who condones KILLING from any side without cause is no american anyone who attempts to blame others and refuses to face the truth does NOT deserve to be called american .
NO ONE I REPEAT NO ONE wants No law enforcement heck you guys were the ones who calmed leftys dems or libs all wanted a total police state TOTAL POWER total control and yet here you are pushing for exactly what You accused them of for years
edit on 5-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

...you gathered the idea that we want a "total police state ZERO over site(SIC)" from the fact that we don't see elimination of the police as a well thought out plan on the part of the party that ironically seems to depend most heavily on those same police? You're filaments are showing.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
What am i missing? ATS complains about the militarization if the police....until the libs join in. Now we are against it?

I can't keep up with you guys.

You and Me BOTH, BFFT!

I don’t know how else to express it, but it seems that since this pandemic hit, EVERYTHING! has gone upside down inside out around and around and back again!

I’ve come to the conclusion that the best, perhaps only, thing to do is to take a comfortable seat, pour a triple stiff one, tighten my restraints, and ride it out.

Can I pour one for you, too?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
USA is failing as a country and a mockery around the world.

USA has shown how weak and unstable it is. Perfect time for its enemies to attack.

A country that shows this much chaos will receive no pity from the world as your media spread its warped ideology.

I've said more than once on here over the years that internationally, we were getting too big for our britches, and we needed our ass eventually handed to us to knock us a few pegs back down to normalcy.
Color me both surprised and...not that surprised that we handed ourselves our own ass.
edit on 6/5/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Come on Burd...we can all agree that less money to spend on military gear and nonsense might result in a better police force?

The flip side if that is offsetting budget issues could fall to code and traffic revenue, which typically is paid by the lower classes. Damned if you do damned if you dont.

A property tax refund is a better answer for those funds.

You may be misunderstanding my intent here, BFFT... I personally have little issue with elimination of the police. I don't see much personal use for them presently other than a hassle considering the SCOTUS already has ruled they're under no mandate to actually protect or directly serve citizens. My point was, the majority of those calling for them to be defunded just experienced a couple of months in which that same police force was the only thing forcing ANYONE to follow their fascist overlords COVID orders. How does a defunded cop shop arrest an elderly barber with a SWAT team? How do they arrest a preacher for leading his congregation in free exercise of the religious freedoms? How do a group of jobless po-po block citizens from a beach on a sunny day? How does a fascist pig of a mayor or governor force compliance from a society willing to present both middle fingers at Unconstituional infringements when he or she lacks a funded police force? Think Hitler would have been jack squat without the gestapo? Me neither.

Also, and this one may cause the universe to implode on itself, when did the left (not you, though your sentiment brought it to my mind) start believing spending less on anything government-related makes it better, especially something presently experiencing issues? Teachers pumping out failed student after failed student? Throw more tax dollars at the schools! Welfare recipients continuing to turn their subsidized housing projects into #holes? Throw more money at them! The postal service floundering and hemhoraging money? Throw more tax dollars at them. I'm shocked! Does this newfound ideology of defunding that which is failing mean the left is finally waking up to the retardedness of throwing good money after bad? Might we soon see the left calling for failing teachers fired, failing tennants evicted, and failing pension plans canceled? We won't, because they're assbackwards hypocrites who can only think outside of their little boxes when they have someone instructing them what to think, say, and support and when one of these hypocrisies raises itself, they either ignore it or attack anyone who points it out with ad-hom or other unrelated tomfoolery... but hey, it's a fun little game, ya?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

a reply to: midnightstar

I think that the ACTUAL conversation is reducing funding, not eliminating the concept of law enforcement. I mean...violent crime has never been lower, why should police budgets continue to expand?

Dont get sucked into the extreme view posed by the straw man. Its a reasonable idea that has had wide support from the right too

Not according to multiple news articles.
www.citypages.com...

“Several of us on the council are working on finding out what it would take to disband the Minneapolis Police Department and start fresh with a community-oriented, nonviolent public safety and outreach capacity,” he wrote.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

abc7.com... ouncil-introduces-legislation-to-cut-$100-million-in-lapd-funding/6230036/

Officials said the legislation would "reprioritize public safety dollars in order to reinvest funding for other vital services, including those to uplift disenfranchised communities

edit on 5-6-2020 by Zeta Reticulan because: link

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Not here in Albuquerque. Crime has been on the rise for a while and APD is short hundreds of officers. From violent gangs to car theft and property crime it’s ridiculous. Lax bail laws and a judicial system that is soft on crime has them out on the streets committing crime again in no time. I swear if they pass any of this BS we are selling everything and moving. Recommend any towns in TX tough on crime?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN
a reply to: Lumenari

Your record so far is pretty dazzling!

Who do you think is going to win the 2020 election?

Asking for a friend.

Urm, you posted proof for my statement. But OK, I will play.

I think the winner will be the idiot that gets more electoral votes on election night. The loser will be us, the voting public.

Because with the worst two candidates in history of US elections, we have entered a two way race to the bottom.

And in this race, the winner, loses. Welcome to US election 2020. The only possible outcome is lose.

But Biden is still a better choice.

Thank you for your reply.

We once had a silly person here that had an amazing track record of being 100% wrong on any political results...

Always.

Since she left, I have been looking for another canary in the coal mine, as it were...

Someone I could count on to always be wrong on political matters that I didn't have the time to research, didn't care about, etc.

I was looking for a replacement for her.

You are my current pick.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Asking for a friend.

I think the winner will be the idiot that gets more electoral votes on election night. The loser will be us, the voting public.

Because with the worst two candidates in history of US elections, we have entered a two way race to the bottom.

And in this race, the winner, loses. Welcome to US election 2020. The only possible outcome is lose.

We once had a silly person here that had an amazing track record of being 100% wrong on any political results...

Always.

Since she left, I have been looking for another canary in the coal mine, as it were...

Someone I could count on to always be wrong on political matters that I didn't have the time to research, didn't care about, etc.

You are my current pick.

Gosh, look at that.

Another incisive political commentary, fact-based and ... BWAHAHAHA.

I'm just joshing. This is a prime example of your posts: bull# ad hom attack, zero substance.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Which won't stop the left for voting for him anyways.

And also a significant portion of the right.

Time will tell.

A significant portion of the right will vote for Biden, in your mind.

In reality....

The right is still going to vote for Trump.

You remember he won the last time, right?

As for Independents (that was me 3 years ago) we have recoiled in horror at what the left has become since 2016 and will not vote for anyone with a "D" behind their names until the party comes closer to center.

As for the Democrat voting base?

They are doing #Blexit, #Walkaway....

I predict you are going to have the worst Christmas ever.

Oh!!!

And a lot of us Americans who understood the Electoral College didn't vote in a lot of our states because we knew that our states were red anyways so didn't vote in 2016.

Because we knew the popular vote didn't matter.

Now that we have found out that the popular vote means something to the left, that will get taken care of as well in 2020.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Asking for a friend.

Always.

You are my current pick.

Gosh, look at that.

I'm just joshing. This is a prime example of your posts: bull# ad hom attack, zero substance.

When I point out that you are intellectually dishonest, it isn't an ad hom attack.

It is just a fact that I am pointing out.

But keep posting and I'll keep giggling...

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   

This idea represents some of the most hair-brained, dangerous thinking I have heard in a long time. Its symbolic of a flawed ideology that our inner cities are in dire shape becuase of police, not despite them, and that reducing police presence will magically make tulips and rainbows spout up as unicorns frolic over the trash-encrusted pavement.

There are issues with police training and tactics that can be tweaked and modified, almost no one denies that. However de-funding police departments is like trying to put out a stove fire by using a C-130 forest fire sand drop on your house. One issue solved, about 10-20 more crop up.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Asking for a friend.

Always.

You are my current pick.

Gosh, look at that.

When I point out that you are intellectually dishonest, it isn't an ad hom attack.

It is just a fact that I am pointing out.

But keep posting and I'll keep giggling...

Yeah, but you don't just do it to me Lumi ... that's the nature of all your posts.

And when you call me "intellectually dishonest" that just means that a) your'e reading everything I write b) searching for anything you think you can pull out and try to ridicule. Of course, c) the ridicule is never with counterargument, but always with d) merely your personal opinion.

LIke in the above example. Someone absurdly asked if I'm aware I get emotional. I gave them an absurd answer, and THAT is the only thing you can pull out to moan about?

You and I agreed to ignore each other. For me that means I usually skip over your posts. You could do that too, but you don't because for you, it's a desperate attempt to find fault not with facts or with the logic ... but with the other person. You think tearing others down lifts you up.

So, you keep sniping. It doesn't hurt me, sweets, it just makes your posts look a) obsessed b) nagging and c) irrelevant.

Not because you do it to me, but because its all you ever say about anyone's posts, unless of course you're pontificating about how non-partisan you aren't.

Taa.
edit on 5-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
seems that the whole 'replace police with private security companies' trend is picking up steam due to this situation, all i gotta say is, people should be careful what they ask for. police are relatively restrained by the Constitution and various laws, even with the police brutality and profiling issue, but private security companies aren't restrained at all, this will set the stage for a true police state in America.

corporations replacing all government functions and being able to ignore the Constitution and influence laws through their lobbying power, our system has finally met its match, the corporatocracy.
edit on 5-6-2020 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   

And now downsizing the militarized police state is a bad idea cuz "Gestapo erections" and "anti-police" protest? But you're aware this was about a pandemic and police brutality, right?

Putting profits over people and white supremacy over justice would be pretty fascist in my book tho. So if this truly was about you trying not to come across like "the other" fascist shutdown pig, I'd have to consider this an epic fail. Nice try tho, made me smile!

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
I read that some want to get rid of police entirely and instead they would "help people resolve conflicts through peace circles and restorative justice programs.”

Translation: they plan to replace the independent, government funded and managed police forces with an enforcement arm that's composed of the left's party loyalists. What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

originally posted by: FauxMulder
I read that some want to get rid of police entirely and instead they would "help people resolve conflicts through peace circles and restorative justice programs.”

Translation: they plan to replace the independent, government funded and managed police forces with an enforcement arm that's composed of the left's party loyalists. What could possibly go wrong?

Sounds like white people better watch out.

Cause then the only criminals are gonna be evil whities.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

People are selling their soul to the left vs right game.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The irony here is that if they follow through, they're setting a precedent that would allow conservative states, districts and small towns to do the same exact damn thing and run the local enforcement as they see fit. Oops.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join