It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The way back from all this.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
We need to walk away from anyone espousing extreme left wing or extreme right wing politics. America has become WAY too polarized. We need more centrist and moderate politicians who care about ALL the people.

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on Thu Jun 4 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

How about adding a bit more content.

But I will have to disagree with you anyway.
Politicians have come and gone and this issue is still with us.

Cultures need to change.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
We don't need more "centrists" (to include both liberal and conservative moderates) ... I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that the great majority of us (in the world) fit this bill.

What we need to do is stop giving the small minority of extremists so much power over our lives.

And that starts with our very dysfunctional media, news media and social media platforms. The media may not be the "enemy of the people" but they are certainly not our friends. They use us as a commodity and we produce more money for them the more angre and intolerant we are.... so guess what they do?
edit on 4-6-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
We need to walk away from anyone espousing extreme left wing or extreme right wing politics. America has become WAY too polarized. We need more centrist and moderate politicians who care about ALL the people.

I don't understand how not wanting the government to kill it's citizen's over a fake $20.00 bill is an extreme point of view.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The only way to fix this is to decentralize the power structure and grant the states more authority to govern their own domestic issues. One-size-fits-all from DC isn't going to work anymore. The polarization is too great and the two groups don't have any common ground anymore.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I don't understand how not wanting the government to kill it's citizen's over a fake $20.00 bill is an extreme point of view.

That is so disingenuous, it's ridiculous.

The vast majority of ppl I know, including Dems, Reps, and independents, think the cop should go to prison.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
The only way to fix this is to decentralize the power structure and grant the states more authority to govern their own domestic issues. One-size-fits-all from DC isn't going to work anymore. The polarization is too great and the two groups don't have any common ground anymore.

That's kind of a "blanket" statement.

Are there any specific issues you have in mind?

I'm actually in favor of states rights to a large degree, but if you go that route, Federal $ flowing to the individual states has to be cut drastically.

Don't ask me, as a taxpayer, to fund, and support all the crap that places like Cali, and NY want to institute.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Really? So you actually believe that is an extremist idea? Hmmm. That's not concerning at all....

The vast majority of ppl I know, including Dems, Reps, and independents, think the cop should go to prison.

So your saying that I am disingenuous when saying the exact same thing that you just pointed out the vast majority believe? I don't think disingenuous means what you think it does.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It used to be this way...then state governments needed monies and the federal gov took over and created policy.. a reply to: vor78

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Really? So you actually believe that is an extremist idea? Hmmm. That's not concerning at all....

So your saying that I am disingenuous when saying the exact same thing that you just pointed out the vast majority believe? I don't think disingenuous means what you think it does.

Perhaps I misunderstood your post.

I thought you were saying it was an extreme point of view. It isn't, so I don't know why you would phrase it as you did.

If it was sarcasm, or trolling, my bad, but sometimes it hard to tell sarcasm from actual believe around here.

And yes, I know what it means.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Let me help out here.

Your extream position is not:

"not wanting the government to kill it's citizen's over a fake $20.00 bill"

Your extream position is that you think this is what is dividing people; and that you are on the right side of that fictitious devided and your opposition is on the wrong side of that fictitious devided.
edit on 4-6-2020 by DanDanDat because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Perhaps I misunderstood your post.

I thought you were saying it was an extreme point of view. It isn't, so I don't know why you would phrase it as you did.

If it was sarcasm, or trolling, my bad, but sometimes it hard to tell sarcasm from actual believe around here.

And yes, I know what it means.

I actually got confused when I read your post. lol.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Let me help out here.

Your extream position is not:

"not wanting the government to kill it's citizen's over a fake $20.00 bill"

Your extream position is that you think this is what is dividing people; and that you are on the right side of that fictitious devided and your opposition is on the wrong side of that fictitious devided.

I don't think the divide is fictitious. I think it is based on fictions, though.

Polititions, and the media, propogate, instigate, promote, and brainwash to drive a wedge into society, for their own agendas.

Unfortunately, as long as there are weak minded sheep, incapable of critical thinking, it will continue to manifest itself.

The term "useful idiots" comes to mind.

Those on the extreme left believe in some kind of unrealistic utopia, without regard for human nature, and its consequences.

Those on the extreme right believe they are somehow morally justified in their beliefs without regard to the fact that morality is, to an extent, subjective.

Neither side seems to be willing to compromise, and meet in the "centrist" middle, where a majority of the actual ppl reside.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
No at this point we need to fight until we're victorious.

Anything else is throwing the game for the enemy.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Denying CNN a broadcast license would not prevent them from speaking freely. FCC licenses are a privilege.

We need to do anything and everything that is legal to run the left into the ground. Stop keeping your powder dry folks, the left is all in and we must be also

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Your extream position is that you think this is what is dividing people

I never said that is what is dividing people, I believe that it is what is uniting people.

and that you are on the right side of that fictitious devided and your opposition is on the wrong side of that fictitious devided.

Fictitious divide? Have you listened to the politicians rhetoric over this matter. They are actively trying to divide the people as we speak.

But thanks trying to help, I do appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Your extream position is that you think this is what is dividing people

I never said that is what is dividing people, I believe that it is what is uniting people.

and that you are on the right side of that fictitious devided and your opposition is on the wrong side of that fictitious devided.

Fictitious divide? Have you listened to the politicians rhetoric over this matter. They are actively trying to divide the people as we speak.

But thanks trying to help, I do appreciate it.

I have not heard a politician; or anyone for that matter; say that they want the government to kill it's citizen's over a fake $20.00 bill. So who exactly do you see devided over that issue?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Nobody is defending the police actions in this case.
Did it merit burning down cities for days?
Can't we legitimately protest this event without riots and looting?

We need the people of the USA to stop voting for democrats. stop empowering them.
stop watching the media establishment. Let them lose their sponsors until they change their approach (if that's possible). I'm not talking about censorship, I'm talking about market forces. These guys wouldn't spout their partisan lies unless someone was watching.
and don't say 'the right is guilty too'. the only thing conservatives and Republicans are guilty of, is letting the left get away with their hate and lies and violence.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Did it merit burning down cities for days?

That's would depend on how bad you want the Government to stop the killings I guess.

Are you tired of the Government killing white people?

We need the people of the USA to stop voting for democrats. stop empowering them.

Do you think that an all Republican government will kill less citizens?

stop watching the media establishment. Let them lose their sponsors until they change their approach (if that's possible). I'm not talking about censorship, I'm talking about market forces. These guys wouldn't spout their partisan lies unless someone was watching.

Most of the young people I know don't watch political news. They do however use social media. Which one is worse?

and don't say 'the right is guilty too'. the only thing conservatives and Republicans are guilty of, is letting the left get away with their hate and lies and violence.

I wouldn't dream of saying that. That are just complicit in the matter. More Republicans are white. They really don't care about black citizens being killed by government. Hell they don't care about whites citizens being killed by government. I wonder which is worse. A group of people who are tired of the Government killing them so they try to fight back, or a group people who just don't care.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I have not heard a politician; or anyone for that matter; say that they want the government to kill it's citizen's over a fake $20.00 bill. So who exactly do you see devided over that issue?

That's why I didn't say that event caused the division.

I said trying to divide, and it's not the citizens. Who stands to gain the most out of keeping the citizens divided into two major political groups? Maybe the leaders of those groups?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join