It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitmer said what???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I was able to take a peek on the Twit site last night and this thread on her account blew me away. The topic was mostly law enforcement and doing something to help prevent police violence. But the part that got my attention was when she said:

"These are positive steps, but until Black mothers share the same set of concerns as White mothers when their kids leave their homes, we have work to do."

Here's the link for those who can/do use Twit: Link

And the screenshot I took in case she modifies/deletes it. Check out some of the comments.

I am stunned at her choice of words. She is either completely tone deaf or is as dumb as I thought she was. Or both.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

If she was a Republican she would have been cancelled already!

Hypocrite!

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

It sounds like she's saying white mothers care more about where their children go than black mothers. But, surely what she means is that, in her opinion, black mothers worry about different things than what white mothers worry about.

It doesn't matter what she meant. These kinds of "leaders" talk to everybody, white or black or brown or purple, like they're stupid and need their banal advice.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Told y'all she's an idiot. And we were supposed to just sit back and accept her BS edicts? Pfffft, she can't even formulate a thought coherently enough to get the point across -- I can't figure out if she's middle fingering black mothers, or saying until the topics of concern are tackled & all that's left is just "Don't get in a car accident/hit by a car today" across the races.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Somebody’s getting a whole deck of victim cards in their stocking this year..

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Wonder why David Dorn wasn't mentioned.

Ya know that black live that's suppose to matter.

Killed by looters.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Welcome to our little piece of HELL. Actually Hell is in Michigan so I guess we deserve it.
www.gotohellmi.com...
But we also have Paradise. Nice Place about 6 hours due north of Hell.
www.michigan.org...

Anyway We still can't get our hair done except by pet groomers so we're starting to look a little odd. The governess has the State Mortician doing her hair and makeup and it's really created a mess online.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

It sounds like she's saying white mothers care more about where their children go than black mothers. But, surely what she means is that, in her opinion, black mothers worry about different things than what white mothers worry about.

It doesn't matter what she meant. These kinds of "leaders" talk to everybody, white or black or brown or purple, like they're stupid and need their banal advice.

My initial reaction was did she really just tell black mothers they don't care about their kids as much as white mothers do?

I know she wanted to be Biden's VP pick but she's making almost as many "gaffes" as he did before he started losing his mind.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

In typical politician fashion, She ignores everything that doesn’t help her cause.
Standard procedure.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So is she saying that black mothers are somehow more worried about their kids, worried about different things, less worried about their kids?

There are a lot ways you could think about this one, and none of them won't tick someone off.

And people say that Trump has a bad touch with his Tweets.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

I do find it amusing that you can openly buy some weed in Michigan but you need to get a back alley black market haircut. Bravo Michigan

It also made for some great billboards here in Indiana.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Whitler is a tried and true Democrat as she passes every test with award winning significance
👁️😆👁️

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Up is down; down is up.

Freedom is slavery.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Yeah I really can’t believe she said something like that.
A card carrying, deranged Dem like her should know better.
Like Seeker said, if Trump or any other Republican said something like that, they would be eviscerated by everyone.
The Dems have pandered for decades to get the African-American votes, continuously promising them the world and givIng them nothing.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Deep down inside.

Whitmer and her party are racists.

These are just moments of truth that pop out like Bidens you ain't black.
edit on 4-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

She has not done a thing to reduce black on black crime and violence in Detroit.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I guess twitter stopped fact checking...

She is a mess...wow

Michiganders are welcome in Texas if y’all want to live with actual American ideals...
Not under fascist feudal lords who communicate in pandering newspeak...

-Chris

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I guess twitter stopped fact checking...

They never were.

It's just a commie site created for commies by commies.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Black mothers worry their black sons will be kill by police over a misunderstanding.

White mothers worry if their sons need a coat, umbrella, or some other creature comfort to get through the day.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The left usually eats itself this way. One says something Un-P.C. and they get labeled a racist, homophobe, etc. Then they slowly evaporate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join