It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Really Sad Part

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The really sad part about all of the violence since the murder of a black man
by the police.This man's death has been used as an excuse to throw a temper
tantrum and somehow blame Trump for it.Some people want all of this civil
unrest,they want people raging in the streets,rioting,looting and injuring others.

All of this senseless violence plays right into their plans.The breakdown of our
society,deepening the rift between people by their skin color,background…
And,don't forget politics! the two sides battling over a position of power and
control.

Both seem to have polarized views on how this country should be lead.Some
want our country to be part of a global community,borderless and opened to
all.While others want our country to retain it's sovereignty,have closed borders,
restricted immigration and take care of our own first.

I feel that all life matters and should all be protected and cherished.All life
matters should start from the womb.In my opinion,a lot of people owe this
man's family a sincere apology for using his death as an excuse to cause violence
and as a political tool.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Well said.

Even a news junkie like myself, I've had to turn off the television and read. I get snippets from ATS but the media and politicians are tossing gasoline on the fire then complaining about how hot and bad the fire is.

The good thing is, we have laws against what the cops did to Floyd. The cops will be punished.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
But will the rioters be punished for killing cops?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Looks to me the Left is getting desperate and is trying anything! probably gonna get worse come November....

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
But will the rioters be punished for killing cops?

No.

Seldom in life are things fair.

link   
a reply to: HalWesten

You would need to identify them first..
Good luck with masks covering their faces.

link   

The answer should be yes,the rioters should be punished
if they kill or injure a police officer.
The police should be held accountable if they use excessive
force.The other officers around him should have stopped
him before he went too far.
I have watched a lot of mixed martial arts fights on tv.It
doesn't take long for a fighter to surrender when he's in
a rear naked chokehold.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

You would need to identify them first..
Good luck with masks covering their faces.

With all the cameras in the area? Someone knows. The trick is getting them to say something.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Knowing the plan doesn't stop it. It doesn't matter if the oracle caused the plate to break or not.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Nobody ever knows nuttin.
Never seen nuttin.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

by the police.

George Floyd is his name.

.This man's death has been used as an excuse to throw a temper
tantrum and somehow blame Trump for it.

As much as I support, and everyone should know it by now, Trump. It happened under Trumps watch. Did he do anything in the last 3 and half years to address it? No. In his defense he has been kept pretty busy fighting the left leadership who are trying to stage a coup. I understand that, and I believe that he will address the problem of this type of violence on American citizens, unless he wants to lose some supporters. This issue has been kicked down the road long enough. If Trump wants to go down as the greatest President, then he will fix this. If not, then nobody can call it winning any longer.

All of this senseless violence plays right into their plans.

Only if we let it. The people are standing up around this country right now. They are standing up to those you refer to as their. If we really want to be a great Nation, then we, the citizens should be there for the citizens that need us. Politics is going to change, change to were the people enjoy the same immunity to laws that our leaders enjoy. Right now is the time that it can happen.

The breakdown of our

If the Foundation is solid, sometimes you have to tear an old house down to build a better one, one that is big enough to hold your entire family. I believe in the Founding principles of this Nation, and I believe that whatever this is it isn't a rift, it's a chance, for a better life for more citizens.

control.

That's who wants the violence. Using violence to try and stop the people of this Nation from uniting as one.

all.While others want our country to retain it's sovereignty,have closed borders,

Could you imagine no borders? You were not told where to go. No red tape. True Freedom.
Are Nations ready for that? No, not yet. The Leaders of the World haven't figured out a way to control the outcome of it yet. Once they do, it's no longer Freedom.

man's family a sincere apology for using his death as an excuse to cause violence
and as a political tool.

That would be nice. It seems as if all the doors in this house is shut and locked. Maybe we can open all the door's in the new house.

Your a good person Mama, and your I thank you for a post that induced self reflection on my part.

edit on 4-6-2020 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Both sides put a lot of work into generating and feeding into civil unrest...particularly in government. Wish that that wasn't one of their common goals.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

.This man's death has been used as an excuse to throw a temper tantrum and somehow blame Trump for it.

As much as I support, and everyone should know it by now, Trump. It happened under Trumps watch. Did he do anything in the last 3 and half years to address it? No.

It's not his responsibility to tell police departments to take care of their problems, rogue officers or badly behaving citizens.

In his defense he has been kept pretty busy fighting the left leadership who are trying to stage a coup. I understand that, and I believe that he will address the problem of this type of violence on American citizens, unless he wants to lose some supporters. This issue has been kicked down the road long enough. If Trump wants to go down as the greatest President, then he will fix this. If not, then nobody can call it winning any longer.

What do you think he can do to make the race relations and bad cop issues go away? You seem to think he has a magic wand, what about the other eight presidents since Kennedy that have had the chance to "do something"? Johnson actually had a good idea back in the 60s, but the "liberals" as they said back then diverted money from that program away from the potential fix and squandered the chance. So did everyone in local, state and the federal government since then.
edit on 4-6-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

by the police.

George Floyd is his name.

.This man's death has been used as an excuse to throw a temper
tantrum and somehow blame Trump for it.

As much as I support, and everyone should know it by now, Trump. It happened under Trumps watch. Did he do anything in the last 3 and half years to address it? No. In his defense he has been kept pretty busy fighting the left leadership who are trying to stage a coup. I understand that, and I believe that he will address the problem of this type of violence on American citizens, unless he wants to lose some supporters. This issue has been kicked down the road long enough. If Trump wants to go down as the greatest President, then he will fix this. If not, then nobody can call it winning any longer.

All of this senseless violence plays right into their plans.

Only if we let it. The people are standing up around this country right now. They are standing up to those you refer to as their. If we really want to be a great Nation, then we, the citizens should be there for the citizens that need us. Politics is going to change, change to were the people enjoy the same immunity to laws that our leaders enjoy. Right now is the time that it can happen.

The breakdown of our

If the Foundation is solid, sometimes you have to tear an old house down to build a better one, one that is big enough to hold your entire family. I believe in the Founding principles of this Nation, and I believe that whatever this is it isn't a rift, it's a chance, for a better life for more citizens.

control.

That's who wants the violence. Using violence to try and stop the people of this Nation from uniting as one.

Could you imagine no borders? You were not told where to go. No red tape. True Freedom.
Are Nations ready for that? No, not yet. The Leaders of the World haven't figured out a way to control the outcome of it yet. Once they do, it's no longer Freedom.

and as a political tool.

That would be nice. It seems as if all the doors in this house is shut and locked. Maybe we can open all the door's in the new house.

Your a good person Mama, and your I thank you for a post that induced self reflection on my part.

Ummm...thanks...but no thanks...

I'm not going to stand...or kneel...with any of those ass hats...

I hope they all get COVID-19...and I hope Darwin wins...

End of story...

As usual...you haven't bothered to think any of this through to it's culmination...no borders...and that brand of free-dumb your espousing...means no ownership...and when the serfs own nothing...it's the slave masters that own it all...

Your hallucination is totally unworkable...Human beings are a predator species...that have been brainwashed into believing they're herd animals...We are also extremely territorial in our nature...

Any mescal dream to the contrary is foolishness masquerading as compassion...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The really sad part about all of this?

“You have 30,000 people who have been protesting statewide.

www.cnbc.com...

If you take the number of people protesting in NY, multiple it by 50 (for each state); than multiple that result again by 4 just incase NY is not representative of other states.

You are still left with less than 2% of the population of the country protesting.

< 2%

Now to be honest; more than 2% are in favor of the protests.... but clearly not in favor enough to actually go out and protest themselves.

So here we are losing our collective $hit based on what less than 2% of our population is doing or thinks.

And to be clear this isn't a knock on that 2% or their cause. They are at least out their championing a cause they think is important; I can respect that. And a lot of lost causes have been important ones over the millennium.

No this is a critisum on the rest of us; if we don’t care about this cause enough to go out there and protest ourselves... or if we simply do not agree with the cause... why are we giving it so much of our attention?

Its like watching a train wreck I suppose

edit on 4-6-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

It's not his responsibility to tell police departments to take care of their problems, rogue officers or badly behaving citizens.

He is the President of the U.S.A. What kind of President would he be if he didn't look out for the best interest of the citizens? If he doesn't care about taking care of citizens, then why the hell would anyone vote for again?

You seem to think he has a magic wand, what about the other eight presidents since Kennedy that have had the chance to "do something

Well I guess they didn't care about the people then did they. Do you want another one that doesn't care about the citizens? I don't, but I think Trump will address this, I will give him an opportunity to keep my vote, and no, Biden will not get my vote either. I will write in George Floyd.

Johnson actually had a good idea back in the 60s, but the "liberals" as they said back then diverted money from that program away from the potential fix and squandered the chance. So did everyone in local, state and the federal government since then.

Well it sounds like the entire Nation needs an over haul, don't ya think? This is chance for that change.
Trump has the podium to effect change. I believe it would only help his re-election.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Ummm...actually...the really sad part...is that people somehow think we can all come together in one big group hug...

That we'll suddenly give up our unique natures...and bow to collectivism...

Can you imagine...blacks dropping the hyphenated African...from American...ain't going to happen...

Multiculturalism even implies that...in it's own descriptor...

We should celebrate our cultural heritages....not try to supplant them with emotional baggage...and self inflicted guilt posing as solidarity...or cultural appropriation...

Appropriated guilt...for things you never took place in or perpetrated...is so effing ludicrous...it simply boggles the mind...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Do you want another one that doesn't care about the citizens? I don't, but I think Trump will address this, I will give him an opportunity to keep my vote, and no, Biden will not get my vote either. I will write in George Floyd.

I didn't know he was running...

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The good thing is, we have laws against what the cops did to Floyd. The cops will be punished.

I doubt that. As soon as the charge was jacked up to Second Degree Murder, his chances of walking away got better. I don't agree with it, but, there is a good chance of it happening. He was using an authorized method of restraint and he had no idea of the man's health issues. Did he apply the restraint to long? Yes. Did he possibly apply it too forcefully? It's possible.
They have a solid case for involuntary manslaughter, Second Degree Murder, I don't think so. No matter what the medical examiner brought in by the family's lawyer found, it can't be used in the criminal case. Only the County's Examiner's findings can. I don't agree with it, but, I can see it happening.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ummm...thanks...but no thanks...

I'm not going to stand...or kneel...with any of those ass hats...

I hope they all get COVID-19...and I hope Darwin wins...

End of story...

lol. Good luck living in the new era then, it's coming whether people like you want it to or not. One day.

As usual...you haven't bothered to think any of this through to it's culmination...no borders...and that brand of free-dumb your espousing...means no ownership...and when the serfs own nothing...it's the slave masters that own it all...

FFS boy. Didn't you read the part where part where I said the Nations are not ready for it? I only said imagine it. Of course it wouldn't work today. People would rather see the negative in people instead of the good. I was one of those people not long ago. I didn't understand, didn't care enough to even try to understand the suffering of my fellow man.

Your hallucination is totally unworkable...Human beings are a predator species...that have been brainwashed into believing they're herd animals...We are also extremely territorial in our nature...

Thank God for evolution, Amirite. Maybe one day mankind will be able to crawl out of that cave. Not everyone is ready for it, that much you have made obvious.

Any mescal dream to the contrary is foolishness masquerading as compassion.

Yeah I don't think I want to use your definition of compassion anymore. You don't have enough to kneel with someone else.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join