It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if we looked for solutions instead of who to blame?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ummm...oh...I get it...problem...reaction...solution...

I’m sorry...but you’ve been played...

There are statistically more whites killed by cops...per capita...than blacks...or browns...

The proportion of black on white crime...is also a much higher percentage than white on black crime...and the same goes for brown on white crime...

So then...tell me how that heal the community works out...when you purposely blind yourself to the reality of the situation...

You’ve been played...cause...feels...

Cold hard facts...are both hard and cold...for a reason...but let’s get all emo and just take a knee...like the serfs we really are...

What an amazing bunch of rubes...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Body cams help, but at the same time, they create a whole new area of trouble. How many times have we had problems created by video footage alone? And then when the complete picture created by the full investigation comes out, the trial by public opinion has already reached a conclusion that's 180 degrees wrong?

By then, it's too late.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
that's a very good mantra, to look for solutions instead of everyone sitting around describing the problem.

unfortunately, racism or 'tribalism' isn't a cancer we can just get rid.

- when we see a male polar bear killing his Cubs, we don't intervene because that's what they do.
I can't imagine a reality in this universe where there isn't racism or where there is world peace.

for the same reasons we can't achieve world peace are the reasons why we can't get rid of racism.

there are no solutions to racism, it's not an equation, it's part of our human emotions.

Ummm...more to the point...it...is...human nature...all completely natural...

Perhaps the answer isn’t so much in the pretense of enlightened progressivism...but rather in accepting that we have these isms for a reason...that they’re part and parcel of what...and who we are...that it’s not fault...but just expressions of innate reality...

Perhaps the answer lies more in accepting you for who and what you really are...than trying to bury innate nature under a pretense of evolved sentimentality...

And we wonder why so many take prescription psychiatric meds...when they’re so damned busy trying to stifle and suffocate the truth of self...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
If not, what should we do to attempt to find a fix to this issue?
But please, if you wish to criticize the idea, be sure you have an alternative.

People are genetically predisposed to be racist, to "discriminate" between people according to our obvious differences. It developed in our past to help keep us from doing too much breeding with non-human hominids. And over the millennia that predisposition became to be defined as "hate," and associated with good and evil. And it was passed down to all the younger generations. We do it because it's like walking on two legs for us. It's part of our makeup.

Independent investigatory board to investigate police shootings? Sure, why not? But who is going to choose the members of the Board? How are you going to get everybody on both "sides" to agree that it's fair? What kind of enforcement powers will you give it? And how would it be different than just good ol' Law and Order with a Judge and jury?

You know what reduces crime the most? Prosperity. I suggest that we give everyone everything they need to live a peaceful, productive life. Eliminate the need for anyone to feel like they have to do something illegal to survive and thrive. If someone wants to work hard and have more, then by all means let them do it. But within the law. Will it be expensive? Not really, actually. Certainly cheaper than having to clean up after deadly riots.

People forget that a lot of this turmoil is a direct result of millions of people losing their jobs because of the Covid-19 overreaction, with lots of time on their hands, no money coming in, and feeling helpless.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

English translation: "Who watches the watchers?"

I think it's an interesting concept. I would be very concerned about adding a layer of bureaucracy that either has not enough oversight, or too much oversight.

I like the idea of having "ride alongs" consisting of one interested community member, who is invested in seeing the police act strictly but fairly, and accompanied by an official from the police force to help explain and narrate the policy in real-time.

The problem with citizen oversight of police, in my opinion, is the degree of armchair quarterbacking I often read of is so uninformed, so unconcerned with the health and well being of the police officers, as to make it useless.

"You see, right there, why didn't the police officer shoot the knife out of the assailant's hand? I saw them do that once in a movie."

You would not BELIEVE how frequently people actually ask that question. There just simply is very little practical understanding of what goes on during an encounter with police. Many many backseat drivers that have never been on either side of this situation, who utterly lack context and comprehension of how incidents like this play out.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

One thing they have done with shootings is to take civilians and put them on training courses to give them something of the experience of the types of split decisions that cops do have to make. It has been something of an eye opener with some.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Right on, that should explain the thinking that must occur in fractions of a second.

Hopefully it was recorded by somebody and the media and given a prime-time news spot. Something tells me not to hold my breath...

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

This is one program they did in Syracuse, but it wasn't the spot I saw. It's the same idea though.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
If the problem lies with certain people, then no solution will ever work until those people are found out, blamed, and then punished. Punished really only has to amount to them being removed from any semblance of power over others/the world.

So no solution will work until you remove the root cause/s, easier said than done, because obviously a whole lot is done to cover tracks. But anything else is futile. Any real problem we are talking about here most certainly is caused by people, the problem is not hurricanes, bears, the moon etc...

Going the route of "see no evil," or just covering up the symptoms, are not actual solutions. It wont fix anything truly.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I think the framing of the narrative that what people have a problem with is skin pigmentation is part of the problem. Or i should say those that created it and pushed it forth are the problem. Because it diverts attention from the truth, and also ends up creating that which they are saying is so bad.

The truth is people have a problem with others if they dont feel they have a kinship or bond with them. Also they may have a problem with what others like, dislike, desire, how they behave and so on. Now obviously some of these things may be expressed more greatly in certain groups more than others, and then that is what leads to people treating things/groups differently.

I mean the argument is just dumb, do all these people who are racist hate other animals who are of a similar color? No. So at that point it should be obvious that the problem goes deeper than a simple color of skin.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Now we get to fun part though.

So first, there can be no solution until we know the problem. As i have said previously the problem is certain people. Technically we can label these people "evil people." Catch all phrase that invokes the proper understanding and gets the point across.

But here we have the first identifiable problem. Which is how do we identify these evil people, and then actually be able to nullify them. This problem must be solved first before moving on to anything else. The problem now is if this is even possible, especially at this stage of let's just say corruption/infection/rot. As with any infection, sometimes it gets too far along, where in the case of the hand, you end up having to chop off the whole hand. But of course what happens if the whole body is infected? Well that's that.

So, if lets say the rot has settled in too deeply, to where it is not possible to shine the light on it to disinfect it properly. That only leaves 2 actual real solutions here. One word to some it up would be: reset.

1. A global cataclysm of some sort, like the great flood. Violent, but covers a lot of ground (physical reset), problem here is well, didnt seem to work last time. Because it's a bit chaotic, and allows for evil people to still be around and hang on to power, and at that point it all starts once again.

2. Unveiling all knowledge/information/secrets pertaining to the world, our history, the leaders, those making decisions in the world/those in power (mental/spiritual reset). Non violent, and allows us to move beyond the past, since the unveiling of all the information will allow us to make true sense of the past. And will allow us to identify the villains, to know who not to give power to when we move into the future. It will allow us to presumably know what not to do and start over without any corrupted people. Of course certain people wont like this, because obviously a whole lot of people's reputations will probably be destroyed, so accomplishing this would be difficult.

But that's it, the only solutions that have any hope to solve the actual problem. Which would amount to changing from an evil world to a good world.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Body cams help, but at the same time, they create a whole new area of trouble. How many times have we had problems created by video footage alone? And then when the complete picture created by the full investigation comes out, the trial by public opinion has already reached a conclusion that's 180 degrees wrong?

By then, it's too late.

You make a good point...

I think the biggest problem in the cases you're referring to is the media. This is another facet of solving these issues. Freedom of the press in the first amendment does exempt them from liability. It's time we start holding the media accountable for their lies and unethical behavior. Without the medias interference, it would be hard to judge someone in the court of public opinion on distorted facts.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

That gets into a different set of solutions entirely.

The press used to be about reporting facts. Now they're into changing the world, and that's been their thing ever since Woodward and Bernstein.

Ever notice how there are very few of what the entertainment media portray as investigative reporters anymore? The ones who work real sources and dig up exclusive scoops as the press competes to have the different story. Now it's just the very story told either from different talking heads or maybe with a slightly different flavor of twist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join