It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots after the trial?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I doubt they even serve 6 months.

Some convict or crooked guard will take care of them.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Highly likely.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'll make a prediction :
If the cop is not found guilty, the riots after the trial will make all that's happened pale in comparison. Imagine the L.A. riots on a nation wide scale, 10 times worse.

2nd prediction : It won't matter even if he is found guilty. A$$holes are gonna be a$$holes.

The solution ? As always, Keep calm and CARRY on.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This is presuming there is a courthouse not burned down to have a trial in.
Good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That was my prediction as well.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

There will most likely be riots after the trial, insert excuse here ______________.

At least for me, I think it is important to separate the tiny percentage of rioters and looters (of all races, because it isn't just African Americans rioting and looting) from the average African-American and other races in those communities. Most African-Americans are decent, hard working people just trying to get through life and have a decent and happy family. They face the same struggles as the rest of us and then some.

I have grown a bit from the watching the latest riots. I used to always think that people rioting in their own neighborhood was like dogs crapping in their own cages, and when I thought most of the people in the neighborhood were rioting. That is just false and I was just ignorant.

The vast majority of the people in those neighborhoods are just victims of the rioters who are probably terrified by being in the middle of the chaos and destruction. It was eye opening to see the number of people in the communities where the riots were occurring coming out and working together to clean up the destruction because it was where they live.

Not that it matters to anyone but me, but i am truly sorry for the stupid view of the world I held onto for so many years and I am sorry to the people who are just trying to make it through life like the rest of us that have the misfortune of being right in the middle of it.

It is sad that a tiny majority of people who chose to use this tragic event as an excuse to riot and loot put a bad face on a worthwhile cause. I truly believe that there were very few people who watched that man be killed by the Policeman aren't willing to work to end that kind of Police overreach. What that cop did to that man was murder, but I would hazard to guess that like 99% of Police who watched that also viewed it as murder or at the minimum manslaughter.

Regardless of the rioting and looting, we need to adapt so that we minimize abuse by the few Police out there that aren't worthy to wear a badge.
edit on 4-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This is going to be a circus and in no way a proper trial with an untainted jury.

Since they raised the charge to 2nd degree murder, it's going to be harder to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Only going from videos it looks to pretty much everyone like Chauvin deliberately kept his knee on Floyd's neck to assure killing him. There would be a point where Floyd passes out before dying IF his airway was constricted (not the carotid) and his body would go limp. At that point Chauvin should have known there was absolutely no chance of Floyd resisting IF in fact he was prior to that and he should have gotten up.

From a lay-person's perspective, my opinion would be that Chauvin intentionally caused Floyd's death and should be found guilty of 2nd degree murder. If I were sitting on that jury, unless I heard evidence that somehow would dispute this, Chauvin and his partners would have to be guilty of reckless endangerment leading to death. My only question would be the one cop that's standing in front of the car, was he aware that Chauvin was still on Floyd that long? I've seen enough and talked to enough real cops that have said "I can't breathe" is a very common statement by perps. It wouldn't surprise me if he was simply ignored on that basis.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I'm am curious about the "likely" coming trial, it's end result and the public's reaction.

terrorist are gonna cut lose under the guise of peaceful protest if anything less than guilty of 2nd degree murder.
maybe even some of the peaceful protestors will to, some are borderline now.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

If they get anything less than 2nd degree murder, there will be riots and chaos.

Once the democrats pet their eccentric ADHD children on the head for the destruction, it gave them the power to do it over and over. It'll be like this every time unless they get the results they want. That's how totalitarians operate, and that's what the left is going for.
edit on 4-6-2020 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
It won't even be remotely a fair trial.

They'll be political prisoners.

Yep.
Everyone on that jury would have to fear for their lives if they found Chauvin anything less than 100% guilty on all counts and they'll know it. Plus, if there's a few black people on the jury, there's no chance in hell they'll sit there and be "well, maybe Chauvin was actually completely innocent..."
He'll be found guilty. It'd take divine intervention for anything else.
edit on 6/4/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Based on what I've seen, I would support a conviction, but regardless, he deserves a fair trial just as anyone else does.

I also think there's precisely zero chance that the rioters or even some of the peaceful protesters will accept any outcome in the courts. It'll never be enough for them.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
We have received a couple autopsy results from the death of George Floyd.

cardiopulmonary arrest...
Basically this autopsy says the cop did not kill Mr Floyd.

amp.kstp.com...
The other autopsy says.

Asphyxiation....
A result of compressing the neck for to long.

www.usatoday.com...

Now I'm not here to argue if the cop killed Mr Floyd.
I'm am curious about the "likely" coming trial, it's end result and the public's reaction.

I've been in the jury box a few times and it's much different that tv and news coverage.
Hour after hour of slow paced legal mumbo jumbo with a smattering of relevant information.
So it's totally understandable that juries decisions are not always in sync with public opinion.

First. Timing.. When will the trial happen?
Before or after the November election?
I speculate it will be in late October...
Some times it takes years to finally get to trial but I don't see that happening here. Politics..

Second.. I think the whole trial will come down to autopsy results being argued by experts..
You cannot be convicted of murder if the victim wasn't murdered.. If I was an attorney, that would be my strategy....based off of today's information.
That is subject to change.

Third.. What will be the public's reaction?
I believe riots will happen either way.
If convicted it will be a celebration riot like they do for world series type of wins.
Burning cars and whatnot.. But less violence against people..
If he gets off..... Double the riots and violence going on right now. With more people being targeted than just getting in the way.

Am I wrong?
Did I miss anything?

As far as how he died, I'll let the professionals argue that out. I have seen dirext axphyxiation, and heart failure as a result from compressions and such being applied...either way, it appears in both cases, the cops were responsible for the death in some fashion. I am skeptical of the other cops being prosecuted fully, but neck guy is in a bit of trouble.

As for how people react...well, its gonna be over a year before they even start proceedings, so people will be calm by then, the economy should be picked up enough for more people to be working than spending days protesting (which is also combatting cabin fever a lot had to begin with) and of course what other relevant news is going on at that point. Remember, this stuff is coming hot off the heels of those two dudes in the truck shooting the guy running down the street, so tempers were already boiling to the top to begin with.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Lets face it...these cops are dead within days of entering prison.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I have about the same amount of mercy for that cop that had his knee shoved into that man's neck for 8 or 9 minutes as I do for child molesters, so if somebody does the same thing to him in prison then i will chalk that up to street justice.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Exactly why bali has the right approach to crimes in alot of ways.

The majority of the weight is placed on the directly effected individual or their immediate family in the event of a individuals death to decide the steps forward whether that be charges or compensation or both.

I'm certain considering the cops appalling record though that he will not "get off" after all surely they wouldn't dare.

Can't see celebrational riots though but surely can see as much if he does "get off".

The problem with that here is most people would ask for the death penalty in cases like this. Sort of like in Iran or Saudi Arabia where they just cut off your head with no trial, just accusations.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

I have about the same amount of mercy for that cop that had his knee shoved into that man's neck for 8 or 9 minutes as I do for child molesters, so if somebody does the same thing to him in prison then i will chalk that up to street justice.

Agree.
The other 3 will also be meeting the same fate in prison.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
Based on what I've seen, I would support a conviction, but regardless, he deserves a fair trial just as anyone else does.

I also think there's precisely zero chance that the rioters or even some of the peaceful protesters will accept any outcome in the courts. It'll never be enough for them.

Absolutely agree with that.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Unless they are all found guilty and sentenced to public drawn and quartering, then yes there will be rioting.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Agree.
The other 3 will also be meeting the same fate in prison.

Two of them being Asian.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

To get Murder in the FIRST...they will need to show premeditation.
I don't see how this can be proved.
According to the protestors...a FIRST degree murder charge is the only acceptable verdict.

As an aside...if systemic White racism is being blamed for this horrible crime...why is the Asian-American cop being charged with the others?

Because they've never known what to do with Asians. They're the one cultural group that has never been victims. They've come in and succeeded because they've played by the rules of the game just like successful people do, and they actually do it better than whites do in many cases.

So the left doesn't really know what to do with them for the most part.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join