It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots after the trial?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
We have received a couple autopsy results from the death of George Floyd.

cardiopulmonary arrest...
Basically this autopsy says the cop did not kill Mr Floyd.

amp.kstp.com...
The other autopsy says.

Asphyxiation....
A result of compressing the neck for to long.

www.usatoday.com...

Now I'm not here to argue if the cop killed Mr Floyd.
I'm am curious about the "likely" coming trial, it's end result and the public's reaction.

I've been in the jury box a few times and it's much different that tv and news coverage.
Hour after hour of slow paced legal mumbo jumbo with a smattering of relevant information.
So it's totally understandable that juries decisions are not always in sync with public opinion.

First. Timing.. When will the trial happen?
Before or after the November election?
I speculate it will be in late October...
Some times it takes years to finally get to trial but I don't see that happening here. Politics..

Second.. I think the whole trial will come down to autopsy results being argued by experts..
You cannot be convicted of murder if the victim wasn't murdered.. If I was an attorney, that would be my strategy....based off of today's information.
That is subject to change.

Third.. What will be the public's reaction?
I believe riots will happen either way.
If convicted it will be a celebration riot like they do for world series type of wins.
Burning cars and whatnot.. But less violence against people..
If he gets off..... Double the riots and violence going on right now. With more people being targeted than just getting in the way.

Am I wrong?
Did I miss anything?

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Did I miss anything?

It won't even be remotely a fair trial.

They'll be political prisoners.

edit on 4-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I can't image the jury selection fiasco.
But I will point out that deciding on what autopsy to use will not likely be for the jury.
That will be huge in this case.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Third.. What will be the public's reaction?
I believe riots will happen either way.
If convicted it will be a celebration riot like they do for world series type of wins.
Burning cars and whatnot.. But less violence against people..
If he gets off..... Double the riots and violence going on right now. With more people being targeted than just getting in the way.

I honestly don't believe it will matter what the outcome will be, people are going to riot anyway. In many ways they really don't care. Now I know this guy does not represent everyone currently in this mess, but I do believe it gives a good idea of the mindset of many of them.

I saw this the other day while eating my lunch at work and I couldn't help but shake my head. For many, nothing you do will be good enough.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The jury pool has already been poisoned.

The prosecution will do everything to stack it in his favor.

The defense will try to add some balance.

I actually hope the judges closes the court to media shills.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Exactly why bali has the right approach to crimes in alot of ways.

The majority of the weight is placed on the directly effected individual or their immediate family in the event of a individuals death to decide the steps forward whether that be charges or compensation or both.

I'm certain considering the cops appalling record though that he will not "get off" after all surely they wouldn't dare.

Can't see celebrational riots though but surely can see as much if he does "get off".
edit on 4-6-2020 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

The majority of the weight is placed on the directly effected individual or their immediate family in the event of a individuals death to decide the steps forward whether that be charges or compensation or both.

The Floyd family is already millionaires.

From all the useful idiots giving them money.

www.businessinsider.com...

Crying all the way to the bank.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
And now they've retained Trayons Martins lawyer that put up fake witness's against Zimmerman.

Expect a civil trial to sue the MPD.

link   

The problem is that the defendants past doesn't always make it into the trial.

Mr Floyd's past will not be brought up and I doubt his the drugs in his system will be either.

The defense will want to show a cop detaining a repeat felon... I don't think they will be allowed.

link   

cardiopulmonary arrest...
Basically this autopsy says the cop did not kill Mr Floyd.

Dr. Baden explained this, he said that 'cardio pulmonary arrest' is often listed as one of the causes of death, it's how you got to that cessation which is critical. His professional opinion is the neck compression caused the arrested heart.

The full autopsy report in your Original Post also doesn't list any cause of death.

edit on 4-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

link   

originally posted by: neo96

The Floyd family is already millionaires.

From all the useful idiots giving them money.

www.businessinsider.com...

Crying all the way to the bank.

To make it worthwhile it should have been left in trust to his daughter. She is truly the only one needs compensated here.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I don't think the defense will be allowed to try and balance it out. This trial will not be about justice, just vengeance and nothing else.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
To get Murder in the FIRST...they will need to show premeditation.
I don't see how this can be proved.
According to the protestors...a FIRST degree murder charge is the only acceptable verdict.

As an aside...if systemic White racism is being blamed for this horrible crime...why is the Asian-American cop being charged with the others?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

I don't think the defense will be allowed to try and balance it out. This trial will not be about justice, just vengeance and nothing else.

I did say try.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The problem is that the defendants past doesn't always make it into the trial.

Mr Floyd's past will not be brought up and I doubt his the drugs in his system will be either.

The defense will want to show a cop detaining a repeat felon... I don't think they will be allowed.

Point taken but -

The minute he said " I can't breath" the method of detention should have been altered.
On that point alone - he is indefensible.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Ask any cop.
The phrase "I can't breathe" and "it's to tight" are very common...

The other cops testimonials will be huge here.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Anything short of capital punishment will not be enough for these rioters and Minnesota abolished the death penalty in 1911 so yeah, there's gonna be more riots.

To be fair, they could probably fry him at the Washington monument on live TV and they still wouldn't be happy.

It's not looking good.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Anything short of capital punishment will not be enough for these rioters and Minnesota abolished the death penalty in 1911 so yeah, there's gonna be more riots.

Aint happening.

Most of the charges for rioting/looting were dropped.

Avoiding Felony riot charges

Not facing serious charges
edit on 4-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Aint happening.

Most of the charges for rioting/looting were dropped.

I meant the death penalty for Chauvin.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Am I wrong?
Did I miss anything?

Maybe. Maybe a little emphasis on 'reasonable doubt'.

The prosecution will introduce supporting autopsy results. Any conflict is 'reasonable doubt'. A decent judge would take a hard look at what's going to happen in his/her court (there aren't usually any surprises once court is in session). Might nip it all in the bud. Might.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join