It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fascism in Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 07:16 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

After the lawmakers brought the House to a standstill by failing to show up on May 12, state troopers went to their homes, to offices where members of their families worked and even to the neonatal unit of a Galveston hospital, where Representative Craig Eiland's newborn twins were under care.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Steers and #&@#$!

j/k
Never found anything about Texas of any interest exept for the Rangers of course. They would be about the only thing good that came from that state. That and wranglers, but them days are gone...

Texas can be more than just fascist, they have a pretty darn horrible reputation all of their own.

And for DR, If any statement about the Texas tea state was found offensive. I'll take you up on that bull challenge!

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There's nothing fscist about that. As a matter of fact, that was a great move. The true fascists were the ones that were circumventing law in order to control the outcome, refusing to show up therefore refusing the will of the majority, showing that they will have their way no matter what, just like spoiled children but ones controlling a state. Those people should have been tracked down and shot, no matter what state they were in.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
... refusing the will of the majority ... Those people should have been tracked down and shot, no matter what state they were in.

That's the exact definition of fascism

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Tracking down and shooting political servants that are usurping the system for their own ends is fascism?
In that case, we need alot more fascism in this world!

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well, not in his words, but I totally agree with the sentiment that TC is expressing.

These dems were voted into office to be there and to make the system work. They did NOT attempt to do a damn thing to make the system work, they simply did what they could to shut the system down.

If a representative I voted for is going to up and desert his post and leave the state in a deliberate attempt to shirk his legal responsibilities, at the least that representative should be removed from office post hast and never allowed back for any reason.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
DR/TC

HERE! HERE!

I wonder if any of these cowardly non-lawmakers will suffer in the elections? I wish I still lived in Texas so I could vote!

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   
fascism is a relative "term" isn't it?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 13-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I can't read it the link. I've to take an account.

So I'll just say that I agree with TC and DR.

You're elected ? Do your job !!! Don't want to do it ? Don't ask to be elected and stay at home or try to find another job !!!

Where's my rifle ? You know, I'm allways ready to help.

P.S : What's a ' red stater " ?

new topics

top topics

join