It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Presidential Election 2020: How Will Civil Unrest Help or Hurt Each Candidate?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

I decided not to vote this year except in the local stuff.

but maybe I should just vote for whatever 3rd party person is most popular.

because I too would love to see the tyranny of the two party system broken up.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It has hurt Trump's betting odds. He was leading Biden, now he is behind.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I tend to vote for the lesser of two evils....

Obama, McCain ....

That was a head scratcher...
It was like deciding which testicle you wanted kicked.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

120 million people decided not to vote in 2016.
60 million dems and 60 million repubs did vote.

Do you really think the independents make that much of a deference?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The great deciders of this next election is going to be the looters/rioters victims.

There's literally thousands.

lol. You think a dem business owner will vote trump because their shop got damaged.
no. They will blame trump for instigating the looters. You know they will.
And those repub shop owners were voting trump already most likely.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Only an idiot would vote blue agian after sufferring bodily harm, and complete and utter destruction to their livelihood.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

If we look at exit poll data, 35% of those that voted identified as Democrat, 31% identified as Republican, and 34% identified as independent.

If the votes of independents don't decide elections, then the votes of Republicans definitely don't.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

My dem friends are voting biden for sure and they are all in their mid 30's to early 40's

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

en.m.wikipedia.org...

For any who care

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

If we look at exit poll data, 35% of those that voted identified as Democrat, 31% identified as Republican, and 34% identified as independent.

If the votes of independents don't decide elections, then the votes of Republicans definitely don't.

hmmm. hard to believe that many independents voted.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 642020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

hmmm. hard to believe that many independents voted.

I see it a bit differently.

A lot of Reps, and Dems register the way they do because of family history, union bosses endorsements, promises of "free stuff, etc.

I think Inds are more likely to take a non partisan, and better researched view, and therefore go out of their way to make it to the polls.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
At the beginning of the year, I was under the full impression that Trump had it in the bag. Then Covid happened and he fumbled a lot (and continues to).
That mixed in with his abysmal response to the current protests, I think the ship is sinking fast.

Yeah, his base with always support him, but lets be honest, Trump could murder and eat a baby live and his base would be with him still.

Its never about the base from either side. its about voter turnout in swing states as usual...the purple states...thats all it ever is.

When you have a bunch of seniors in Florida scared to death about the bug, and Trump basically dismissing their lives, he is going to lose voters.

So, my opinion is that Biden is going to gain the edge based on what has been happening and the quality of leadership now being shown at this last year, but a lot can happen before November, so just where I am at for now.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I don't know how it is elsewhere but I do know how it is around here. This civil unrest seems to be driving more regular people to want to vote for people who will protect the cops from the rioters and looters. There are a lot of liberals flapping their mouths and parroting left propaganda, but most people here are not falling for it, there might be more Republican votes now than before for president. Not many people trust a dementia Biden to run this country, including almost all the older people now. The way the left is trying to divide the country is causing a rush to conservative increases around here. The left is too irrational, they think giving in to chaos is good but they don't understand that supporting chaotic people never turns out right, it leads to more problems instead of less. How many times did the US have to go fight wars to remove chaotic dangerous leaders from power that we actually put in charge to overthrow governments we thought were bad. That is exactly what the left is doing now, they are creating a bad consensus of the time where bad people take charge. There are a real lot of good black people, but the left is supporting the chaotic blacks, not the good calm black people. Yes, we can improve our treatment of blacks but are we going to accomplish that by promoting hate and chaos....Hell no, that would be like saying if we put satan in charge things will get better.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
At the beginning of the year, I was under the full impression that Trump had it in the bag. Then Covid happened and he fumbled a lot (and continues to).
That mixed in with his abysmal response to the current protests, I think the ship is sinking fast.

Yeah, his base with always support him, but lets be honest, Trump could murder and eat a baby live and his base would be with him still.

Its never about the base from either side. its about voter turnout in swing states as usual...the purple states...thats all it ever is.

When you have a bunch of seniors in Florida scared to death about the bug, and Trump basically dismissing their lives, he is going to lose voters.

So, my opinion is that Biden is going to gain the edge based on what has been happening and the quality of leadership now being shown at this last year, but a lot can happen before November, so just where I am at for now.

Trump did not create the fear in these older people, the media did. This bug is not as bad as they say it is. All of a sudden it is safe to go out in numbers everywhere...because the protests are going on and they are safe and according to the left they are not causing a progression of illness. Yes this bug was bad for some people, but they had to initially address this with caution....now they know many people who had similar corona viruses have partial immunity. But Yelling with a mask on is going to spread this virus....and the schools now say that kids going school are not a problem this fall, verified by medical science. That is a lie, if these kids do get the virus they can be asymptomatic and give it to their parents and grandparents. The immune compromised will be just as much at risk as they were before unless they alter their meds and protect them from exposure to the virus. Something the medical Industry is not even considering doing right now. They are trying to get a vaccine, but that vaccine will not do anything for those without a functioning immune system. No vaccine protects people who have a very poor immune system. But they can fudge the figures to make it look like more people are dying of something else and not this virus, after all, most of the people who died from this virus actually died because of a poor immune system, even a cold or pneumonia could have killed them.

There is little truth left in this country and even in the world, science is used against people more than for people. Both political sides try to make people believe in things that are not true. The truth is sometimes unrecognizable to many people caught up in the rat race.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Bold of you to assume there’ll be an election.

We must admit the chance is not 100% right now. The agenda won't be affected anyway.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I don't think it's done anything one way or the other for Biden. No one was voting for him anyway except old white democrats.

But I think it will encourage a lot of urban small business owners to vote in line with the President. Everyone who's family was impacted by these thugs given free reign to destroy their neighborhoods...

But we'll see.

I am a middle of the road guy. Mostly voted republican my whole life, voted for 2 democrats over time. With that - YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS.

You do realize EVERY SINGLE MINORITY GROUP will side with Biden no matter how many people he assaults or sniffs.

Every DEMOCRAT women's group will vote for him.

"No one was voting for him anyway except old white democrats."

You cannot be that blind, can you? Buy the way...this guy will NOT be voting for Grandpa Sniffy

Dorian Soran

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Lets hope Military leaders' reluctance to enforce laws with U.S. citizens, is present if something "bad" happens to President Trump. We don't want them taking sides. Let Right vs Left duke it out.
edit on 6/4/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
the villains who run the world, run the media, run hollywood, run twitter, run politics, do not want trump or bernie.
all my friends wanted bernie, now the media taught them they were wrong.
my repub friends dig trump.

the internationalists want you to see, that they are the ones who are chosen to give you a candidate they decide upon.

biden will win, because they will keep this going till nov.

twitter is filled with fake accounts, these kpop symobilsm accounts, those accounts tell minions how to act.

somehow, both bernie and trump are outsiders.
yet both continue the same stuff the other bought out politicians do.
trump kept wars and big taxes going, so i do not know why the villains are upset.

the korona krap showed me how the minions will gleefully usher in a totalitarian dystopia.
and then these organized riots?
ive been in a riot, when i was in college, a small riot, but i saw AND learned how fast (5 seconds) is all you need to spark violence.

we are doomed. no one is breaking into the banks, or the elite's buildings, no one is going after the internationalists headquarters.

the two percenters on top are safe, as they laugh as the cattle destroy each other.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
It has hurt Trump's betting odds. He was leading Biden, now he is behind.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Trump vs Clinton betting odds realclearpolotics
Just saying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join