It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Mad Dog Mattis Tears Trump a New One.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Mattis tears into Trump: 'We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership'

Former Secretary of Defense James Mattis on Wednesday castigated President Donald Trump as "the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people" in a forceful rebuke of his former boss as nationwide protests have intensified over the death of George Floyd.

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us," Mattis said in a statement obtained by CNN.
amp.cnn.com...=15912398785683&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20% 251%24s

Sour grapes, spilt milk?? let's get that out of the way, CNN sourced yes it is.
Now I'm not a supporter of General Mattis he shouldn't have taking the job and low key undermining him at the same time, not his job, but to me he is seeing the same things I'm seeing , in Donald Trump, he absolutely sucs as a leader, even George Bush, a most horrible president, had his moments, who didn't rally around him among that smouldering pile of ruins in downtown Manhattan with a bullhorn.

True he would've gone on to fkit -up but he did have his moment.
Obama,??..I'm disappointed that he turned out to be such a corporate water carrier who could have made changes we desperately needed, but when he spoke on issues?? 2nd to none he was the wrong type of leader but a leader nonetheless.

edit on 3-6-2020 by Spider879 because: Stupid Auto correct.

+30 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

It is getting close to my bed time and I don't want
to waste the rest of my evening watching anything
from CNN.

+44 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Trumps response to Mattis was very measured, tempered and impressive.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Probably the only thing Barack Obama & I have in common is that we both had the honor of firing Jim Mattis, the world’s most overrated General. I asked for his letter of resignation, & felt great about it. His nickname was “Chaos”, which I didn’t like, & changed to “Mad Dog”. His primary strength was not military, but rather personal public relations. I gave him a new life, things to do, and battles to win, but he seldom “brought home the bacon”. I didn’t like his “leadership” style or much else about him, and many others agree. Glad he is gone!

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

from CNN.

Well it's not a CNN oped piece there,is a difference, however feel free to find other sources when you woke up.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Trumps response to Mattis was very measured, tempered and impressive.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Probably the only thing Barack Obama & I have in common is that we both had the honor of firing Jim Mattis, the world’s most overrated General. I asked for his letter of resignation, & felt great about it. His nickname was “Chaos”, which I didn’t like, & changed to “Mad Dog”. His primary strength was not military, but rather personal public relations. I gave him a new life, things to do, and battles to win, but he seldom “brought home the bacon”. I didn’t like his “leadership” style or much else about him, and many others agree. Glad he is gone!

Well put. /thread

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
As President Trump said this evening... He decided to give General James Mattis a second shot, after President Obama had fired him a couple years earlier. Didn't work out.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

from CNN.

Or you could read what he actually wrote.

But you don't really care about what he says, simply because it excoriates Trump's authoritarian and anti-Constitutional tendencies which so many of you are ok with, we get it.

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

from CNN.

Well it's not a CNN oped piece there,is a difference, however feel free to find other sources when you woke up.

Some fools don't realize (as represented in the OP) that not reading or listening to CNN is a step in the waking up process.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Mattis tears into Trump:

Freakin' Mad Dog ...

Didn't have enough to even muster a fight against Ol' Bone Spurs.

What a disappointment for a Marine GO. The President should fire every Marine officer at the grade of O-5 (Ollie North level) and above ... just to make a point. Wouldn't hurt a damned thing in the Corp. Would set a precedent. And, America would be better off.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Mattis tears into Trump: 'We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership'

Former Secretary of Defense James Mattis on Wednesday castigated President Donald Trump as "the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people" in a forceful rebuke of his former boss as nationwide protests have intensified over the death of George Floyd.

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us," Mattis said in a statement obtained by CNN.
amp.cnn.com...=15912398785683&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20% 251%24s

Sour grapes, spilt milk?? let's get that out of the way, CNN sourced yes it is.
Now I'm not a supporter of General Mattis he shouldn't have taking the job and low key undermining him at the same time, not his job, but to me he is seeing the same things I'm seeing , in Donald Trump, he absolutely sucs as a leader, even George Bush, a most horrible president, had his moments, who didn't rally around him among that smouldering pile of ruins in downtown Manhattan with a bullhorn.

True he would've gone on to fkit -up but he did have his moment.
Obama,??..I'm disappointed that he turned out to be such a corporate water carrier who could have made changes we desperately needed, but when he spoke on issues?? 2nd to none he was the wrong type of leader but a leader nonetheless.

Easy for you to say.
Case dismissed.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

well it sorta was, cnn reported on Mattis opinion of trump and what he is doing.

edit on 3-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Are you WOKE?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So General Mattis is now a hero to the left since he is against Trump?

In Trumps 2nd term he should just say he’s gonna do the opposite of what he intends and he’d have the most successful presidency in history.

You guys should get a new playbook. All the 2016 plays are used up.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

But you don't really care about what he says, simply because it excoriates Trump's authoritarian and anti-Constitutional tendencies which so many of you are ok with, we get it.

Should we compare Trump's anti-Constitutional tendencies to Obama's? I'll let you go first...lol

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

from CNN.

Or you could read what he actually wrote.

What has Trump done that was “anti-Constitutional”, as you put it?
Real and not what is perceived by the Democrats.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The threat of using US Troops was a wake up call for the supposedly woke. Was it a bluff? Probably. Did you want to call it as a bluff? No, no you did not. It certainly lit a fire up under Gov Cuomo’s rear. He snapped too and basically said NYC is gonna get it together with or without the current mayor lasting the day.

Because what was the other threat? Calling in UN Blue Hats? You would have had a very accurate count of privately owned firearms because some 40% of them would have been used on the UN troops on sight. And that would only had whetted an appetite for blood. Rioters and looters are a thousand times better than ambling and unpredictable insurrectionists.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Id shoot the UN before I would the looters... or so I heard someone say.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

ooh, ooh, i know one, forcing U.S. citizens to purchase a product from private companies. and then fine them if they didn't.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I'm disappointed that he turned out to be such a corporate water carrier who could have made changes we desperately needed, but when he spoke on issues?? 2nd to none he was the wrong type of leader but a leader nonetheless.

I find it funny that both Obama and Bush are now woke, but they had 16 years between the two of them and did less for minorities than Trump has done in 3+ years, hell lets throw Clinton in the mix a pro minority too, what did they do, oh, don't get me started on Biden's 40 years of anti minority legislation.

BLM, 99%er, ANTIFA, anarchist, illegals in cages and about a dozen more all either started on Obama's term or got woke on his term, but I guess it is all Trump's fault now, and that is OK he is in charge, but damn people...lol

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Are you WOKE?

Yes it's afternoon in Japan, I'm not that lazy a person

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join