It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Do Not Support Black Lives Matter

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You as well, Gryph.

(as to the Red vs Blue states, yes and no. I think there are some states which do vote Democrat but aren't full blown progressives who will not see a majority supporting the idea of a Constitutional convention. The protests have an interesting position right now of having a base cause that sees wide spread support, crossing party lines in many cases... that said, we're one or two high profile negative incidents away from that changing and the protests becoming very unpopular. If, for example, the protests lead to a major COVID spike and a second shutdown, I think most Americans will sour on the protesters and start openly asking if they could have picked a better time to do this.)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADUB77

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

But you are stuttering hard on the sentence

Perfect! That’s the exact face a white American makes when they try to make themselves feel better by saying things like systemic rasicm isn’t real

Dwayne Johnson isn't white. You, however, are special, aren't you?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I was using the rioters and my experience with insurgency to illustrate what that road looks like.

It is hard work to put together an revolution with lasting legitimacy. Only one nation in the last 5 centuries has managed to achieve this.

I studied counterinsurgency. In doing so I got one hell of an education on how to do an insurgency right. Violence is such a small part of it. Cultural subversion is the bulk of it. If you want to really know how to win a revolution read the US Army (COIN) Counterinsurgency Manual. Remember while you read it that politicians did not let this plan play out. This is why we're still in Afghanistan.

COIN is a long-term strategy for winning over the people, protecting them, and fighting "the enemy." You do this by solving problems for the people in a visible manner. You fix the roads. Upgrade a run down building that poor people live in. Buy new books and materials for a school, help people build a local economy, and provide security in a safe and humane way.

This honestly works better with a well organized group of people whose sole purpose isn't to fight others but to help their communities. Successful revolution is near impossible, but a real grass roots insurgency requires much more than Molotov cocktails and AKs.
edit on 6 5 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Could be.

My Phase III might not come until January 2021.

The protesting has me wondering about that though. We are seeing 10,000s protesting within inches of each other, many not wearing a mask etc....What if there is no big spike in these cites with large protests? What does that say, and how will that effect opening up quicker? I'm thinking either it doesn't spread anywhere near as easy as suggested, and/or so many have already gotten it and are over it without even knowing the spread is done.

edit on 5-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

COIN is a long-term strategy for winning over the people, protecting them, and fighting "the enemy." You do this by solving problems for the people in a visible manner. You fix the roads. Upgrade a run down building that poor people live in. Buy new books and materials for a school, help people build a local economy, and provide security in a safe and humane way.

I think the cartel have read that manual as that is exactly what they do in Mexico to gain the trust of the locals and to make the official Goverment look bad.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Being equal means all lives have the same value.

BLM has a political agenda, read their website it’s right there.

I am only responsible my behavior. My actions.

Do we not agree everyone is created equal ?

Then it is ridiculous to base a political movement on melanin.

If we disband LAPD (what they what) who does Security.

The Bloods, Crips, Postal Service or Animal control ?

True equality should mean just that...True Equality.
edit on 5-6-2020 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

That's one of the fundamental problems of this debate. Each side has a different idea of what they mean by things like equality and justice.

We see equality and think that if the speeding sign says 55mph, then you are taking your life into your own hands if you drive even 1 mph over that 55mph. If you get pulled over at 56mph, you deserve to be treated like you broke the law. Everyone is served the same ticket (or whatever the penalty for speeding there is).

For some equality means equal outcomes. They look at the base percentage of societal makeup and if African-Americans are 13% of it, then, by God, they better be 13% of every small population within the greater society or else there must be some kind of racism at work. And if African-Americans (and grievance group minorities) don't reach their percentage quota, there need to be all kinds of programs and legal remedies to make sure that quota happens.

And if all people aren't equally prosperous, then that too needs to be remedied by law -- picking winners and losers, advantaging some at the disadvantage of others in an attempt to make everyone end up with exactly the same of everything.

And Justice is how that happens.

Where for us justice is when someone looks at the bare law, reads what it says, and then applies it, even if it means the poor man loses, even if it means the coporation wins, even if it means the historically oppressed does not have a case in this matter. After all, at other times, the courts have been the champion of all those groups ... when their case has been just where just is supported by the law.

And if the law doesn't support a cause society thinks needs to be just? Then there are real political, legal remedies to make it so, but those take time and convincing.

But justice for the rest is where those they deem deserving for past wrongs and oppressions, are given more by law to equalize them. The system of advantages and disadvantages for righting perceived wrongs and grievances. The law becomes a tool of punishment itself, not a framework for a polite and orderly society.

edit on 5-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: projectvxn

I think the cartel have read that manual as that is exactly what they do in Mexico to gain the trust of the locals and to make the official Goverment look bad.

I spend a fair amount of time in Mexico. The cartels don't need to make the government look bad. They are bad and in the pocket of the cartels anyway. Mexican government officials wrote the book on corruption. Everything in Mexico is accompanied by La Morida.

www.ganintegrity.com...

But even with Mexico's problems, it's a beautiful country with wonderful people and in places it's paradise and in those places, I feel safer there than in Kansas City.

edit on 5-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's one of the fundamental problems of this debate. Each side has a different idea of what they mean by things like equality and justice.

We see equality and think that if the speeding sign says 55mph, then you are taking your life into your own hands if you drive even 1 mph over that 55mph. If you get pulled over at 56mph, you deserve to be treated like you broke the law. Everyone is served the same ticket (or whatever the penalty for speeding there is).

For some equality means equal outcomes. They look at the base percentage of societal makeup and if African-Americans are 13% of it, then, by God, they better be 13% of every small population within the greater society or else there must be some kind of racism at work. And if African-Americans (and grievance group minorities) don't reach their percentage quota, there need to be all kinds of programs and legal remedies to make sure that quota happens.

And if all people aren't equally prosperous, then that too needs to be remedied by law -- picking winners and losers, advantaging some at the disadvantage of others in an attempt to make everyone end up with exactly the same of everything.

And Justice is how that happens.

Where for us justice is when someone looks at the bare law, reads what it says, and then applies it, even if it means the poor man loses, even if it means the coporation wins, even if it means the historically oppressed does not have a case in this matter. After all, at other times, the courts have been the champion of all those groups ... when their case has been just where just is supported by the law.

And if the law doesn't support a cause society thinks needs to be just? Then there are real political, legal remedies to make it so, but those take time and convincing.

But justice for the rest is where those they deem deserving for past wrongs and oppressions, are given more by law to equalize them. The system of advantages and disadvantages for righting perceived wrongs and grievances. The law becomes a tool of punishment itself, not a framework for a polite and orderly society.

I think the 13% demographic slice is not what the goal is. I very much read and see that the expectations of the social grievance ideologues is that there needs to be higher representation in all professions, wealth strata, political groups than their actual percentage of the general population. How that is even possible without skewing everything from standardized testing, tax code, hiring practices, management guidelines and even professional sport leagues, is a mystery.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

But you are stuttering hard on the sentence

Perfect! That’s the exact face a white American makes when they try to make themselves feel better by saying things like systemic rasicm isn’t real

Dwayne Johnson isn't white. You, however, are special, aren't you?

So what are you saying? Because Dwayne Johnson isn’t white, he can’t make a face that a white American could make?

Racist much?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

You're adorable when you grasp.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Then it is ridiculous to base a political movement on melatonin.

Melatonin is a sleep supplement.

The only thing anyone wants is for local police to stop harassing and injuring them.

It's not that #ing hard, brother.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustDoses

The only thing anyone wants is for local police to stop harassing and injuring them.

I typed melanin not sure how melatonin got there.

I want Police to stop hassling everyone.

Nobody should be injured for no reason by anyone.

Being equal means all people are treated the same.

Personal responsibility for all...

We aren’t that far apart.

Just include the rest of us in your movement.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This black life was less important than Floyds if we are to compare reactions.
www.youtube.com...

Everyone of these perps that allegedly had a hand in killing that retired officer are black. This is a footnote in all of this false outrage with very little coverage. Stimulus checks weren't enough. They needed their free stuff too so a cop needed to die and not just any cop, a black retired cop from their city.

Black Lives do not matter period.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustDoses

I want Police to stop hassling everyone.

Just include the rest of us in your movement.

This movement can benefit everyone living in a city, right and left alike. Seize the opportunity.

Using violent force on nonviolent offenders is no longer acceptable. End the war on drugs. We're all evolving on a personal level, it's time we change our society to suit us. More liberty, less oppression.

Defund corrupt departments.

What is the cure for addiction? Activity and fitness. Expand the park districts instead. Fund leagues and new teams, public gyms, tracks, boxing rings, weight equipment, cages, MMA classes, Yoga classes.

Kids taught martial arts at a young age are so much less likely to shoot. Or to loot for that matter.

It's time we start correcting our society and stop arguing about it

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I typed melanin not sure how melatonin got there.

'Cause you ain't woke yet!

(Sorry, the joke wrote itself)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Seems to work very well doesn't it? They still don't have the formula quite right. But they do build infrastructure and fund education.

Hezbollah does the same thing. In fact I'd say they got the formula right. This is not to say that I approve of Hezbollah. I consider them an enemy. But there is no denying their legitimacy in Lebanon.
edit on 6 5 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
The problem is not with the term
"Black Lives Matter" which the many willfully misconstrued, truth is many folks including here act like Black lives matters not, even you in your opening remarks kinda admitted to that, yet in the same post slammed them for using a term highlighting their condition, from racial profiling to police killings.

Dylan Roof's life mattered, after his murder spree, and skulking in the woods was taken unharmed and dined at Mickey D's paid courtesy of arresting officers, not shot on sight like
Ahmaud Arbery: White man 'used racial slur' after shooting black jogger
www.bbc.com...

Keep in mind this was an ex cop.
No one I know believed such niceties would have been extended to a Black perp.

That is the first piece of evidence I've heard from anyone who is mad about this shooting, that actually makes a case for prosecuting the Micheals.

If they've been vocally racist on social media (which your link mentions), then they've given the courts more than enough hanging rope.

While I am of course sympathetic toward citizens' arrest and even citizen participation in law enforcement, I am not going to try and defend racism.

If you are a racist, then you should never approach a person from the race/ethnic group/etc you are racist against with a gun for any reason. That crosses the line between free speech and action.

I am officially won over to your side, at this point. They can hang.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I really am not trying to offend anyone.

I refuse to elevate one race over all the others.

Everyone agrees Black Lives Matter.

What about the rest of us ?

Do we not matter ?

Just because you don’t support one race over another, you’re racist ?

What ? Listen to yourselves, the term Black Lives Matter, is in itself racist.

I agree Black folks have been through hell in this Country.

But, to try to elevate one race over another is how we got here.

All lives matter...To say otherwise feels wrong to me.

To me, a white person supporting BLM is admitting that at some time in your life you thought their lives didn't matter.

I have never thought that.

I've never elevated one race, even my own, over another. Never will.

It's a giant virtue signal for those that believe in white guilt. Another thing I do not support.

White privilege either.

We're one race, the HUMAN race.

End of story.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

The only issue I take with this is, what was the "slur?" It seems the news reporting on this consistently omits that fact. We live in an era where the accusation is more important than the actual facts. Take the NFL incident last year where the Cleveland Browns player attempted to clock the bare headed Steeler's QB in the skull with his own helmet. The Brown's player, much later when he was being investigated for the assault, claimed the QB had used a slur... a slur which none of the other 20 men in the scrum heard said. That story yielded individuals taking extraordinarily dichotomous positions of "I do not believe the QB said a slur, but the player heard a slur and that's "his truth" so we cannot question it, either." In other words, what's actually done or said is now immaterial, taking a back seat to the perceptions of the complainant. That's neither logical nor fair... Freedom of speech means that while you have freedom of perception and freedom of comprehension, you do NOT have the right to demand other take offense alongside your offense. Everyone has the right to be offended or not, but that choice is a personal one and it is beyond screwy to start applying legal responsibility for someone's personal offense on anyone other than the individual offended.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join