It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Do Not Support Black Lives Matter

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Please tell me when BLM have bombed anywhere or advocated bombing anywhere?

I'm sure there's a very small but vocal minority in ANTIFA who shout their mouths off about carrying out acts of terrorism but they haven't done so, yet.
Talking about it and actually doing it are two very different things.

Not in the eyes of the law where terroristic threats are concerned, no there isn't.

thefederalist.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn
Until you are at risk for being shot while:

Jogging
Sleeping on the couch
Handcuffed and laying face down
Playing in the park
Purchasing a firearm at Walmart
Walking home from the gas station with a snack
During an arrest for a misdemeanor

You honestly don't think whites have been killed in these same scenarios, by not only police, but often a fellow citizen?

I heard a person yesterday speaking at one of the protests and they said this "White people, you need to raise your children not to kill my children." to which I can fairly and with the backing of statistics say "Same! And while you're at it, maybe you should be telling your own people the same message, because it seem your next door neighbor's kids are many, many times a greater threat to your kids' safety than mine ever will be."

Blacks aren't special, sorry to break that to you. None of us are special, we all # the same. Mirrors are needed for EVERYBODY pissing and moaning about their own lot in life to assess just how much of their piss and moan is their own damn fault before we start considering the fingers that are being pointed.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
BLM isn't interested in actually saving black lives. If they were they would be addressing the thing that kills more black men than anything else...
Other black men.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

You ever lived in the hood and had rocks go whizzing past your head as your pale self walks to the store? I have and fear is turning around to see 20 people following you while throwing rocks at your head

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Like a stalling famous dictator once quoted:
"A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic."

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I don't much care when people refer to themselves by race. We are all Americans here in America, we should not be focusing on if we are African Americans or if we are white Americans. Even the Hispanic citizens are just Americans...the Illegals must apply for citizens to become one of us. I get along with Hispanics but think they should be in this country legally. That way they can get some social security when they get old and nobody can call them criminals for sneaking into the country. And America has to make it cheaper for the good ones to come in...We can't be telling them to go see expensive lawyers which will keep them broke and in poverty for years.

I do not like the Black lives matter movement because that just divides our people, all lives matter. I have known black people, some are jerks and some are real nice people...just like Whites. If someone breaks the law, they should be punished, the same no matter what color they are. I have seen where a black man was swinging a gun around and got shot....you might get shot no matter who you are if you pull a gun out in a store and rob it then won't put it down. Cops are people too, if someone is a threat, they need to be able to protect themselves.

That guy dying in Minniapolis is bad, the action of that cop was wrong and I do agree he must be charged with murder, it was too much. He should have never had his knee on his neck that long, and that guy was already handcuffed, that was not necessary, there were four cops there, that whole incident was not justifiable. The guy was apparantly on drugs and was trying to buy something with fake money, but he might have not known the change he got from someone was not real. I do not know how or why it escalated to the point it did, that was not right. But if it was a white guy, would that cop have treated him the same...from what I read he probably would have. Law enforcement does attract people who love control and power, but even so, most cops are decent people.

My ancestors and relatives did not benefit from slaves, we were not here back then. We are not white privileged people, we worked hard to get what we have, harder than the majority of people including the blacks these days do. When you are constantly working, you can get ahead, I did not like jobs where I just sat at a desk and raked in excellent benefits and wages. I worked for a while in a few factories, we all worked hard, even the black people there. I saw on Ellen Degenerate she was saying she is white privileged....yes she is, she is a rich TV show host, I am not rich, we have saved enough money hopefully from both the wife and I both working to hopefully be able to live out our lives with our measly social security checks. Twenty five hundred bucks a month after part B is not enough, especially if one of us kicks the bucket and one of those checks is lost, the survivor still has to pay to heat the house and maintain it and live. A thousand bucks a month deficit will eat up all the savings in six or seven years and then one person cannot live here alone anymore.

I don't understand why these black lives matter people think we got it so easy, we hopefully will not need to take any free government money, it might help others if we do not use it. Yes, there are some people pulling in a lot of money, but most around here are just trying to survive in the UP. There are lots here making less than ten bucks an hour, and most people around here make less than thirteen bucks an hour, and many are only working part time, black or white, it does not make a difference.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Content of character, not the color of skin. I think someone famous said that but they killed him. It is a great point though. I am a white guy and each black person I interact with on a daily basis is cordial or friendly and it goes both ways. In a store I say hi or how is your day and they are just as nice to me.

I just dont see it in my daily life. I am fine with black folks and they are fine with me.

Now, that's not to say I dont live in the real world. I dont go into inner city neighborhoods and expect a good result. Its not that I am racist. I just learn from my fellow humans that have done that and it didn't turn out well.

I still believe in my heart content of character, not the color of skin. I treat everybody the same way in my daily life. Its just that if you want to go to war, I can do that too. I dont want to but I can.

I like to think of the play pen mentality. Put two toddlers in a play pen, one from a black racist parent and one from a white racist parent. I guarantee it will be a humbling experience because neither of those two kids are going to give two cents about the color of skin. They will be playing with each other in about 1 minute.

Its either the play pen mentality or we all end up in cages of some kind. You dont have to be in prison to be in a self imposed cage of hate. I love everyone to a certain degree until you give me reason not to.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

You ever lived in the hood and had rocks go whizzing past your head as your pale self walks to the store? I have and fear is turning around to see 20 people following you while throwing rocks at your head

And did you like living with that fear? I know I wouldn't. I don't think anyone really would. It makes you angry...and then you get tired of it after a while and say screw it, if they are going to treat me like that I will show them. It is an easy way to get hate built up in your heart. And it could be that way for anyone, no matter what color they are.

My Dad once told me about when he was a little boy. He was born in the early twenties. My Grandfather had given into alcohol. Nothing else mattered. So my dad didn't grow up with very much. He went to the fourth grade, then he quit. Kids would chase him home after school and throw rocks at him. My dad piled up a bunch of rocks at certain points
on the way to school on that day. After school the same kids gave chase as Dad ran toward the closet pile of rocks.

People can only take so much, and then they fight back.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Statistically they are in no more danger from cops than whites. Per 10,000 arrests 3 are killed, for whites it's 4 per 10,000 arrests.

No dispute what so ever on that. It could also be a statistic that shows white people don't care how government abuses them, that doesn't make black people standing up against it wrong. If anything it kind of shows that white people don't care how government abuses any of it's citizens.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Anyone post the candice Owen's video?

She rips into this whole thing.

She says the black community is the only group to prop up bad people.

You will find they try to make martyrs out of men with long criminal and drug histories.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny
BS
It’s a plea not a tactic.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

She also claims HPV is not contagious. If she is not bright enough to understand a communicable disease I think I'll pass on her advice. Although she might be another stable genius.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: spacedoubt

a reply to: DBCowboy

So you are saying black lives don’t matter.
Yes?
Because you know you are safe, and that black on black crime will continue.

And you say this as if you are ignorant to why there is so much of that kind of crime.

How can someone be so closed minded?
Arms crossed and stomping your foot, right?
That’ll show them my ignorance!!!!

Whatever, I think you’re just playing to a crowd.
You could not possibly be this much of an idiot!

I'll bite. Why is there so much black on black crime?

I expect you to figure this out.
You won’t, because you are comfortable in your position.
You can’t because you’ve purposefully blinded yourself to some hard historical proofs.
Look up the history of black oppression.
Start there.

what else am I thinking?

LOL, it must be lonely at the top.

I am far from the top.
I am thinking that you are thinking that there is no point in
Learning things outside of your comfort zone.
I could be wrong, I’m not a mind reader.
What have you learned about oppression?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

I can't disagree with her. At the same time, it's curious how poorly they've picked their martyrs prior to the most recent incidents. Furguson, for example. Whatever the Incredible Bulk's name was, the guy who strong arm robbed the convenience store prior to tangoing with the cop, if ANY human being had bum rushed a cop that was outweighed by 100 lbs and then tried to beat in his head, the cop would have shot that human and would have been justified for it. Yet because the individual who assaulted the cop, after being reported for robbing a store, was black it magically became all about race and we saw demonstrations all over the place.

Look, if you want your life to have value, perhaps you shouldn't spend so much of your life devaluing it through committing crimes, victimizing others, disrespecting your own people, and generally being a thug.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

How can a life be black?? Black lives, white lives, purple lives wateva... Life has no colour.... LIFE IS LIFE!!

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Yes?

And you say this as if you are ignorant to why there is so much of that kind of crime.

You can’t because you’ve purposefully blinded yourself to some hard historical proofs.
Start there.

The history of black oppression is not relevant to today. Anybody that is really thinking my grandfather was a slave so I can't succeed is ridiculous. Do jews say my grandfather was persecuted, tortured and killed in the holocaust so I am doomed to be a failure?

In the 1960's Black family's were two parent homes predominantly and were often middle class. Now they are 75% single parent homes. There is no bigger cause of poverty, and as a result higher crime rates. It does not help that in the last 25 to 30 years criminality has been glorified in popular culture, and many have come to believe it is one of the few ways to get ahead.

Two parent families and better education opportunities at the primary and secondary level is the solution to all the black communities problems.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: spacedoubt

*laughs*

Guess I'm just not "woke" enough to understand.

Maybe you aren’t? I’m not sure what woke means.
I don’t know what you really think.
Maybe you are just here to entertain us. A jester?
What’s your definition of “woke”?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

Yes?

Start there.

The history of black oppression is not relevant to today. Anybody that is really thinking my grandfather was a slave so I can't succeed is ridiculous. Do jews say my grandfather was persecuted, tortured and killed in the holocaust so I am doomed to be a failure?

In the 1960's Black family's were two parent homes predominantly and were often middle class. Now they are 75% single parent homes. There is no bigger cause of poverty, and as a result higher crime rates. It does not help that in the last 25 to 30 years criminality has been glorified in popular culture, and many have come to believe it is one of the few ways to get ahead.

Two parent families and better education opportunities at the primary and secondary level is the solution to all the black communities problems.

History repeats itself.
It’s also still relevant to current conditions.
It can certainly be generational. Just like racism.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

Yes?

Start there.

History repeats itself.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

History repeats itself.

So my question is why is the focus not on the 50's and 60's when black americans were progressing, and instead they have to be made to look at history that came before that? They managed to start to overcome it then when there was significantly more racism.

Pretty obvious to me - they are being told they cannot be successful because of their history to be used as voting pawns for the democratic parties power. That is evil.

If you believe the country is more racist now then it was 10 or 15 years ago you are not living in reality. You are believing left wing lies that are meant to make you feel superior to the right.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join