It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a brief reminder...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Would you maybe like to see some of the rioters shoot a couple of cops to justify their second amendment rights?

They've already been doing that.

Back to what real americans support.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Would you maybe like to see some of the rioters shoot a couple of cops to justify their second amendment rights? Maybe they should form a well regulated militia? Would you call them terrorists for that? Would they actually be terrorists or would they be being 'patriotic' and acting against oppression in the spirit of the constitution?

In some situations, yes (though "like" isn't the word I'd use... life is filled with necessitites that aren't enjoyed or looked forward to, but which must be done regardless and yield productive results, yes, no, and one man's terrorist has always been another's freedom fighter.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

There was a point, at one point.
You assumed something.
The point was you were incorrect.
I think your issue was relativistic.
There is a lot of eagle between the left and right wings.
Or a lot of turkey, or chicken.

It happens.
You’ll survive being wrong.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

When the left protests, riots ensue. Thats the connection. We share our country with enough morons and lunatics that there is an obvious need for self protection

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

So you're saying there's very little in the Venn diagram crossover between the Parkland aftermath protesters and their supporters and today's anti-police brutality protesters? Somehow I don't believe that's the case.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No
Floyd was murdered. Plain amd simple. Do not try to justify murder. Or blame the victim, who would not have died had he not ran into Chauvin that day

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You know, I was asked to become a State Trooper after they had seen how I handled people when I did security at the hospital. One time I had a guy that was so off the rails he was punching curtains in the ER, threatening other patients and just generally expected to start tearing up the ER any minute. I’m called in try to talk him into going back to his gurney and calm down. He naturally gets in my face and gets all mouthy and drawing back his fists like he is trying to bait me into the first punch.

I tell him we need to run a test because he might have a brain bleed and could die. Tells me he doesn’t care. I look him right in the eyes and ask him if he doesn’t care if he dies? Nope. I shrug, turn around and walk away while saying if you don’t care if you die or not then there is nothing I can do here. Dude starts bawling like a little kid with a skinned knee, following me like a little puppy.

In two minutes, I sized up the situation and rendered a threat harmless by psychological means and even I had to take a psyche test for OHP to be a State Trooper in addition to some physical strength tests. And yes, I should as anyone else because after training I would be handed a SIG .40 and the keys to a cruiser with the instructions of don’t make us look bad.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I disagree.

Because Floyd had a heart attack.

Even had they called EMS he would have died.

From his effed up heart and drugs he was on.

Shortness of breathe( I CANT BREATHE) is a symptom if it.
edit on 3-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Take away the drugs and heart condition at most would have happened is passing out.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Its not about one cop is it?

One cop is the catalyst this time, the same as one cop was a catalyst the last time, and the time before that, and the one before that.... etc etc etc.

Its about an endemic problem that needs to be addressed and removed. Its not acceptable.

Do you have any data to support this? Ive seen the data....it absolutely does not support the notion that black men are targeted for murder by anyone other than other black men.

There is a reason for that, but obviously until any effort is made on data driven solutions, all we will have to go on is feelings and perceptions.

Is the system racist against black people? Probably, i can think of a few examples. But the system absolutely doesn't shoot black men more frequently per capita

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I disagree.

Because Floyd had a heart attack.

Even had they called EMS he would have died.

From his effed up heart and drugs he was on.

Shortness of breathe( I CANT BREATHE) is a symptom if it.

The knee on his neck had an awful lot to do with it, either way. He was handcuffed, if he was still problematic enough to require further restraint, tazer him or grab the shackles... kneeling on him for 8 minutes was nothing more than the cops flexing on their subjects.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Tell yourself that. Its horse#, but tell yourself that.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

And a violation of rules of engagement based on an awareness of positional asphyxiation.

Once they did that to him, no matter why he died it was going to be their fault.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Tell yourself that. Its horse#, but tell yourself that.

Don't have to tell myself.

A person signs their own death warrant when they take drugs not prescribed by a cardiologist.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Take away the drugs and heart condition at most would have happened is passing out.

You know, white America has failed, but not the way the establishment stooges need us to buy into that we've failed. We failed when, for years now, the cops killed a white suspect we automatically shugged it off and said "Eh, scuzzball probably had it coming." That was our bad. The cops kill 2-3 times as many whites as they do blacks each year, and we have not made an international incident out of it. That vacuum has permitted this to be artificially mutated from an issue of Unconstitutional abuses of power against all Americans who aren't wealthy or powerful enough to go over the cops' heads into a political issue which has been used to pander to the minority voters.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
www.cdc.gov...

Deaths involving illicitly manufactured fentanyl are on the rise.

Given what he was doing at the time it's a 99.9% certainly is was the illicit kind.

Throw in some Meth.

Mostl likely the bad kind.

Throw in Heart condition.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

Toxicity increases when used with alcohol, coc aine or opiates.

Floyd was a dead man walking.
edit on 3-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

No
I checked my post, I didn’t mention any of those things.
I’m saying that you can be a conservative and still care about the viewpoints of people who are not.
You can actually listen to other political views and ponder them without a visceral hatred in your head.
Even consider that sometimes other people may indeed have a point.

But first you have to learn to not lump people into well defined categories.
Like you did with me.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Lol,
Don’t act like you are an imbecile.
Doubling down like that makes you appear a moron.

You want it to be the murder victims fault.
It isn’t.

I don’t think you are either of those. But for crying out loud. Think!

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Only morons ignore the significant role drugs and heart condition played.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join