It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a brief reminder...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Because I don't blame victims as a convinience to excuse an uncomfortable truth that a black man was murdered by police officers.

And if you were half the damn american you claim to be, neither would you.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: spacedoubt
I’m also not a liberal.

...To family friendly an old saying, at some point a man who's constantly found in the company of private businesswomen can be safely assumed to patronize those same businesses.

I get it. It’s an assumption that you have made.
And that man in your saying could be a doctor.

He who lays with dogs, gets up with fleas... do we need to discuss why a veteranarian is sleeping with his patients on this one, or is the point received?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

That's debatable.

Fentynal intoxication mixed with methamphetamine use.

With congestive heart failure.

You all want it to be murder.

Truth is FLoyd contributed the most to his death.

That's a severe lack of manners for someone that use to be a mod.
edit on 3-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

We have enough vapid leftists registered here as is

Why is it Trump supporters feel the need to pigeonhole people ?
The fact I'm anti-Trump and against police brutality makes me a vapid leftist ? , News Flash , you don't have to be Left or Right to have a political view , you can think for yourself.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Hmmm... pigeonholing, huh? Newsflash, I'm pro-Trump and opposed to police brutality.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I said since the beginning of this, the aggreived need to take it up with the cops, NOT with the everyday citizens and business owners who didn't have anything to do with George Floyd or his death. I'm saying, in this thread, police brutality is one of the main reasons the 2nd Amendment is vital and must be defended, and I find it amusing how many short sighted individuals went from protesting the existence of firearms in citizens' hands using the "Only the police should have guns" argument straight to protesting those same goddamn power mongering assholes when they flexed on someone... anyone who believes the police are out of control AND think "only police should have guns" is illogical.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Do you think by throwing insults out at people that it makes you look...i dunno... authoritarian? A hard man? Impressive to other people? The alpha male? Leader of the pack?

It doesn't work. Your standard method of response is aggrandized post, followed by insults to those who don't agree with you. Its just one trick pony stuff and old now.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

That's a severe lack of manners for someone that use to be a mod.

Is it?

I'm following the example of the moderator posting in the thread.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

So you have no response? You said I was making it political, you can't show me where I did that, are at a loss over the fact that there is a long list of individuals who are blaming the man's death on Trump who are the ones turning it political, so you're just gonna whine about some nonsequiter BS? Got it. Thanks for playing.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Do you think by throwing insults out at people that it makes you look...i dunno... authoritarian?

Like this ?

I see what real cognitive dissonance looks like.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Police already undergo psychological examinations AND, dare I say, the liberals are the ones who pressed for psych evaluations to largely be limited for everyone because of the potential for discrimination

Which part of that isn't political?

Do you read your own posts or do you just type them out in a flurry of spittle and then wonder why people respond to you?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

No, not like that.

You are trying to justify state sponsored murder. That is - supposedly - about as anti-american as you can get.

Unless you guys have been lying to us all for years?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

What effing state?

what part of local cop is confusing ?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You're moving the posts, Nef.

You posted:

kneeling on someones neck for 8-9 minutes and killing them has nothing at all to do with politics whatsoever and is just the actions of a sadistic bastard who has a history of violent conduct and shouldn't have been a cop in the first place.

What you quoted me above on has nothing to do with kneeling on someone's neck, it has to do with the BROKEN idea that psych evaluations would have prevented this from happening. Why"? Because the police already have to undergo massive psych evaluations as it is, and we're still witnessing widespread accusations of brutality against them. Further, the cop in question had almost 2 dozen complaints and accusations of abuse of power against him, nothing was done to him and a huge part of the reason why IS political. The police union is an important voter block, afterall. But the death of George Floyd? No, not political... the hypocrisy and ignorance of the Left, believing that we can magically remove firearms from the hands of everyone not in a uniform AND avoid police brutality issues does seem to be political. I'm not seeing anyone on the right side calling for disarming the population while protesting cops. Can you assist me in finding an example of that?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Its not about one cop is it?

One cop is the catalyst this time, the same as one cop was a catalyst the last time, and the time before that, and the one before that.... etc etc etc.

Its about an endemic problem that needs to be addressed and removed. Its not acceptable.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

If it was so god damn important then why didn't the last prez do something and why do the people in those cities KEEP electing the same # over and over again that do nothing but say theres a problem but never do anything?

On top if they were so bad.

Cops were told to stand down and run during rioting.

So people need to stop pushing absolute CRAP.
edit on 3-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Its not about one cop is it?

One cop is the catalyst this time, the same as one cop was a catalyst the last time, and the time before that, and the one before that.... etc etc etc.

Its about an endemic problem that needs to be addressed and removed. Its not acceptable.

...but it was acceptable for thousands to march in the wake of the Parkland shootings, demanding that the American citizens be disarmed and "only police should have guns?" Again, if the system is so corrupt, who in their right mind thinks it's a solid idea to extremely weaken your own position against that system? Please, explain the logic to me, I'd love to see someone at least try to do so.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

We're suppose to wait for someone to stage bricks for us.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

A large percentage of the folks who often parrot the ideology "only police should have guns in a civilized society" are presently protesting police brutality.

Food for thought

Yes , and I Bet Most of them do not Own a Firearm but Wish they Had at the Moment ............Thoughts Taste Good SOMETIMES ....

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

If it was so god damn important then why didn't the last prez do something and why do the people in those cities KEEP electing the same # over and over again that do nothing but say theres a problem but never do anything?

On top if they were so bad.

Cops were told to stand down and run during rioting.

So people need to stop pushing absolute CRAP.

Answer - Why does Sheit Stink ?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

the hypocrisy and ignorance of the Left, believing that we can magically remove firearms from the hands of everyone not in a uniform AND avoid police brutality issues does seem to be political. I'm not seeing anyone on the right side calling for disarming the population while protesting cops. Can you assist me in finding an example of that?

No, I can't, but...

Has anyone on the 'left' actually suggested that "we can magically remove firearms from the hands of everyone not in a uniform AND avoid police brutality issues" ?

I mean, I'm not seeing that anywhere in the current discussion about race relations in the US except for in your head while trying to score a cheap political point.

Would you maybe like to see some of the rioters shoot a couple of cops to justify their second amendment rights? Maybe they should form a well regulated militia? Would you call them terrorists for that? Would they actually be terrorists or would they be being 'patriotic' and acting against oppression in the spirit of the constitution?

If you want to try and make your point so vehemently, understand the repercussions of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join