It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a brief reminder...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
A large percentage of the folks who often parrot the ideology "only police should have guns in a civilized society" are presently protesting police brutality.

Food for thought

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
A large percentage of the folks who often parrot the ideology "only police should have guns in a civilized society" are presently protesting police brutality.

Food for thought

Good point

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Food for thought

I think it might have changed to police should have guns but can't use them on our guys and gals when they are destroying businesses or beating up cops. Otherwise they are ok to protect our masters which we would never attack anyway. Wink wink Nancy Pelosi.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The only reason cops have guns is to protect themselves.
And when seconds count they are only minutes away.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I noticed that. The left leadership have trying to ban guns for a while, maybe they know their constituency all to well.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Overwhelming power in any situation. Meet Bad with bad....... goes both ways.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

What has one got to do with the other ?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I don't ever want to hear another stupid lecture from an anti gun idiot ever again.

We own guns to protect ourselves from them. The last 3 months have made that abundantly clear.
edit on 6 3 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It doesn't take much to understand that argument.

They want the police to monopolize violence while protesting police violence.

The problem here is cognitive dissonance.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Food for thought

How many folks say that though? 10? That's news to me.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Overwhelming power in any situation. Meet Bad with bad....... goes both ways.

Please see rules 8, 12 & 20-25

edit on 362020 by Snarl because: Cleaner Pic

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Think Floyd.
No gun needed.

It’s a right to own one.
However, when a job requires it, perhaps there should be some psych exams involved.

Police go where there is real trouble and/or perceived trouble all the time. Not all police are psychologically qualified to do all police jobs.

Maybe some should not qualify to carry on the job.
We all know there are hotheads and cool heads, everywhere.

There should be more training to weed out the hotheads.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

They want the police to monopolize violence while protesting police violence.

I think people want police to do their job while remembering they provide a service that is paid for by the people they police , respect breeds respect killing people for no reason breeds violence.

What does criticising police brutality have to do with anything else other than criticising police brutality ?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Food for thought

They'll ignore it just like they've ignored who runs those cities that have 'bad' cops.

They run them.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I was wondering that too, there's no doubt how brutal/mad the police have been behaving to peaceful protesters, batons
Fists, shields, tear gas...rubber bullets in the neck and back...like this,

..funny thing is, all that you might think, is reserved for criminals, it's obviously not, those cops even do it on cue for their Presidents delectation.
edit on 3-6-2020 by smurfy because: Video.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I guess it's a sign of the times mate , it's is a sad thing to watch although not unexpected given the messages coming from the top.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

You think the idea of arming your tormentors above and beyond yourself is a wise strategy? Do you make it habit to punch yourself in the nuts a few times a day just to make sure you don't have too enjoyable a day?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Police already undergo psychological examinations AND, dare I say, the liberals are the ones who pressed for psych evaluations to largely be limited for everyone because of the potential for discrimination... which we are told by y'all is bad, yes? Are you now saying it might be important to discriminate in some cases for some jobs? Ah, so we've established that anti-discrimination is negotiable and now we're simply negotiating where the thresholds and qualifiers are! The left is just a fountain of contradiction these days, ya?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I'll type slowly. They...are...protesting...against...the...people...they...also...believe...should...be...the...only...individuals...armed...in...the...United...States ... They are STUPID. Phenominally stupid. Like sitting in the corner, eating paste with one thumb up their neighbor's ass for warmth stupid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join