It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chauvin's charge raised to 2nd degree murder, 3 other officers charged

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Like this?

fox2now.com...

Or this?

www.whio.com...

I see a lot of fake outrage.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Like this?

fox2now.com...

Or this?

www.whio.com...

I see a lot of fake outrage.

Those are terrible, all of this is terrible. I in no way support looting/rioting. I have no problem if a business owner blast anyone trying to destroy his business.
Did you get the one where the woman cop shot the guy at the bbq stand, funny she didn't have her camera on. Her capt fired, charges for her soon.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
First, forgive me if I'm not posting this correctly, I am new. With that being said, after everything I watched of this fiasco, I was still stuck with 2 questions. How did he end up on the ground and why did they not stop holding him down? The charges against Derek Chauvin answer both of these and a lot more. from the Minnesota Government webpage we find

1st BEFORE he's on the ground, he complained that he can't breathe.
2nd He refused to get into the police car and from how it sounds, made himself "dead weight" and refused to move
3rd Derek Chauvin got on the other side of the car pulled him across the seat. That's how he ended on the ground with the cops on top of him.
4th While he was on the ground for some period, "Lane asked,“should we roll him on his side?” and the defendant said, “No, staying put where we got him.” Officer Lane said, “I am worried about excited delirium or whatever.” The defendant said, “That’s why we have him on his stomach.” None of the three officers moved from their positions."

From the National Institute of Health - "Excited (or agitated) delirium is characterized by agitation, aggression, acute distress and sudden death, often in the pre-hospital care setting. It is typically associated with the use of drugs that alter dopamine processing, hyperthermia, and, most notably, sometimes with death of the affected person in the custody of law enforcement. Subjects typically die from cardiopulmonary arrest, although the cause is debated."

It is also noted that this condition sometimes exhibits extreme strength.

In conclusion, this shows the cops deduced he was on some drug (toxicology reports say fentanyl was in his system and some meth) and this is why they held him down.

Other reports mention the police called for an ambulance ( code 2 no hurry) while holding him, later upping it to a code3 (hurry)

I do not condone this man's death, but there is a lot more to it than we are seeing in the media and many things appear when you just look.

This is a link to the charges
mncourts.gov...

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

. Lets see their murderer's charged and jailed too.

Of course..put em against a wall!! I'm serious!

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It is all tragic. Floyd, Officer Dorn, Officer Underwood.

It needs to stop now.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

It is all tragic. Floyd, Officer Dorn, Officer Underwood.

It needs to stop now.

I agree 100%

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Prediction: Rioting continues as opportunists don't GAF.

Yep, this ^^^

They probably don't know who Flord Goige is.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: fozziesnare

All that aside, you can't put your knee into a guys neck for 9 mins like that.

We should do the 9 min knee to the neck challenge here..any takers?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: whiteblack
What is

"GAF"

"DNC"

stand for?

Not all of us can read short word.

Gone in A Flash

Does Not Compute

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Hate-mongering idiots on CNN and MSNBC right now are declaring that these increased charges are not enough..."nowhere near enough!"

They expect the law to bend for them as usual, so I'm not surprised.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

One law enforcement official on CNN just said if there were no video, this murder would have been buried, just like those that have occurred previously.

There is also speculation that the three body cams worn by the police officers were either turned off, or the video erased. Normally, it would have been produced by now.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: fozziesnare

All that aside, you can't put your knee into a guys neck for 9 mins like that.

We should do the 9 min knee to the neck challenge here..any takers?

I hope there aren't too many millennials reading this, they love challenges like that, and tide pods, and boiling water over the head.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They're the experts. As is the autopsy guy who was the same one who did Brown's autopsy. I think he's the one who said Brown was shot from behind while on his knees.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Remember when Lloyd Christmas had the most annoying sound from 1992 to 2016? The man in green who screamed at the sky can add another man who screams at the sky. Together, these two men can scream together.

Sky Screaming

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Prediction:
I am going with 99% he does not live to see trial. By whatever means (Shanked, Epsteined, or even really offing himself), All "sides" could benefit from that scenario.
Other 3 plead guilty.

Being a conspiracy site, let's say if he really offed himself there would be some kind of visitor beforehand...maybe a last minute life insurance policy to be paid out down the road?

Just 2 pennies.

edit on 3-6-2020 by ronjer because: I did not spel gud

edit on 3-6-2020 by ronjer because: twice

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

We already know it would have been buried. The MPD originally referred to this as a "medical incident." It wasn't until the videos (which MPD had copies of) went public that they changed their story.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: fozziesnare

1st BEFORE he's on the ground, he complained that he can't breathe.
2nd He refused to get into the police car and from how it sounds, made himself "dead weight" and refused to move
3rd Derek Chauvin got on the other side of the car pulled him across the seat. That's how he ended on the ground with the cops on top of him.
4th While he was on the ground for some period, "Lane asked,“should we roll him on his side?” and the defendant said, “No, staying put where we got him.” Officer Lane said, “I am worried about excited delirium or whatever.” The defendant said, “That’s why we have him on his stomach.” None of the three officers moved from their positions."

From the National Institute of Health - "Excited (or agitated) delirium is characterized by agitation, aggression, acute distress and sudden death, often in the pre-hospital care setting. It is typically associated with the use of drugs that alter dopamine processing, hyperthermia, and, most notably, sometimes with death of the affected person in the custody of law enforcement. Subjects typically die from cardiopulmonary arrest, although the cause is debated."

It is also noted that this condition sometimes exhibits extreme strength.

In conclusion, this shows the cops deduced he was on some drug (toxicology reports say fentanyl was in his system and some meth) and this is why they held him down.

Other reports mention the police called for an ambulance ( code 2 no hurry) while holding him, later upping it to a code3 (hurry)

I do not condone this man's death, but there is a lot more to it than we are seeing in the media and many things appear when you just look.

This is a link to the charges
mncourts.gov...

This will all be presented to they jury, assuming he makes it to trial.

Good post!

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

As as he was screaming, "I can't breathe" he was getting oxygen to his system, you need air to speak. Maybe limited or strained, probably due to the cop on his back, not the neck compression. (he mentions this in the video) . That rules out suffocation
The officer repeatedly shifts his weight off the "compression knee" at least 3 times. Plus there is no way to tell if both arteries to the brain are blocked continuously.
Based on the NYTIMES timeline video, It was 2 minutes or less after he stopped reacting when EMS arrived
You don't die immediately when air or blood flow blocks off. You pass out to save energy.
The brain can survive 6 minutes with out blood flow. The body 3 minutes without air. Both within the limits.
Which brings up new questions of the EMS. Why didn't they start mouth to mouth or CPR? If he was dead on the scene, doesn't the coroner have to come to the site to declare him dead?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

This was one of the swiftest ''tokens'' I had seen for a city to take and so rapidly in the firing of those officers. But clearly it was such an egregious act that the video caught the ''we have had enough'' folk that it was not enough. Clearly it was considered to be''proof'' enough of wider and deeper corruption within American police forces to warrant massive protests.

As well, there were, are , so many now out of work with time to spare because of the lock downs that there were masses of people just waiting for some thing to be spurred into action. This does not include the looters and rioters.

I have been in protests. I quit when I realized that mass protest attracts not only erstwhile citizens but hooligans as well.
Peaceful protest depends upon individual responsibility . People with enough moral fiber to police themselves and know when to draw back from unmovable forces like riot police who have little responsibility other than to ''hold the line''.

Back in my protest days, most protesters were pacifists and held the Gandhi marches and Kind marches as the template for peaceful protest. That changed with the advent of the Weathermen and the 68 Democrat convention. And even though those principles may still be espoused, it is clear that organizers today are willing to go ahead and plan a march or protest without taking into account the riff raff that will march with them until they can find a big picture window to smash.

I agree that these peaceful protests should stop. They should have stopped once it was evident that they were being used by looting gangs as a cover. But they haven't. If Floyd's family was truly interested in justice, they would not continue to hold marches in his memory because ''justice will not come out of these last two weeks for anyone.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

In a way, I see these protests as blackmail. Pay with this guy spending a long time in prison or else.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join