It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Labeling Antifa a Terrorist Org Terrifies Me

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Gryph, that kind of silliness does not work with me or anyone else with a functional mind.

Amazing the length you go to, to not answer the simple question of do you support the looting, arson and violence. Either you do, or you don't.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

More likely it is the systemic inequality, extreme wealth disparity and oligarchicisation of America wherein the poor & working class as a whole are marginalised, not any given race.

Black Majority areas tend to have high levels of poverty, but is not a racial issue. Instead it is one of economics.

Incidentally good luck fixing systemic inequality, wealth disparity, oligarchisation and marginalisation of the poor when your riots are supported by millionaires, billionaires and multinational corporations.

Seems clear to me that the supposed racial thing is a smokescreen by the millionaires and multinational corporations to distract the people from the actual, real problem, which is of course the millionaires and multinational corporations themselves and the disproportionate power they hold over the political system.

If I was Antifa i'd be burning down corporate headquarters and gated communities, not low income housing or libraries. Of course then I doubt the police and national guard would show as much constraint as they have.

Of course most on the progressive left are upper-middle class types with no real desire to change the issues of the country since they directly benefit from the status quo and the power of wealth.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Be careful, now we're racist for bringing it up. It couldn't be because the inner city culture is one that has some deep flaws and certain policies that have been endorsed by certain political ideologies for years have destroyed the black family (and happen to be working their way through the white one too) ... oh no, it's because people who see it for what it is, we're RAAACISSST.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

So pathetic

Yep I guess cops are arrested black homicide perps but allowing white ones to go.

As usual, the race baiters will ignore data that doesnt fit their narrative.

You show data of blacks committing disproportional homocides, all the sudden that data is wrong and we must look at the underlying reason for it, which must be racism.

Show data of cops shooting blacks and that proves racism, no need to look at other factors

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Why do you think he wont answer plainly.

You know the reason

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

More likely it is the systemic inequality, extreme wealth disparity and oligarchicisation of America wherein the poor & working class as a whole are marginalised, not any given race.

Black Majority areas tend to have high levels of poverty, but is not a racial issue. Instead it is one of economics.

Incidentally good luck fixing systemic inequality, wealth disparity, oligarchisation and marginalisation of the poor when your riots are supported by millionaires, billionaires and multinational corporations.

Seems clear to me that the supposed racial thing is a smokescreen by the millionaires and multinational corporations to distract the people from the actual, real problem, which is of course the millionaires and multinational corporations themselves and the disproportionate power they hold over the political system.

If I was Antifa i'd be burning down corporate headquarters and gated communities, not low income housing or libraries. Of course then I doubt the police and national guard would show as much constraint as they have.

Of course most on the progressive left are upper-middle class types with no real desire to change the issues of the country since they directly benefit from the status quo and the power of wealth.

THIS!!!!!!

Id give you ten stars if i could.

These protestors (who although i disagree with the racial narrative have every right to protest and be furious about the death of floyd) and terrorists think they are fighting the establishment, while netflix, chase bank and nike are putting out ads for them.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The small businesses they're destroying at the last vestiges of independence left.

I found it astounding how quickly the whole leftist schtick changed with COVID. They went from hating the big box stores to loving them and lauding the workers there as "brave heroes" and hating on the small independent folks like Karl Manke who were just working to eat.

Now they're applauding these rioters who putting the final nails in many of those mom and pop shops.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Its funny that we can have this conversation over and over

Here we are discussing this in 2016

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It shows all of the numbers and explains why cops may tend to have more viilent interactions with a population that is committing 50 percent of nation wide murders.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: DBCowboy

Do you support UTR?

You still won’t answer.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

So let me see if I have this straight...

You challenged me over 10 people killed due to these riots and then ignored me when I listed nine and apologized about the tenth because I had heard sword guy was killed (for defending his store) but was only beat severely. Of course the number is now 15, I think.

And you now dismiss the dog (got a horse story as well of barrel riding horses being burned alive in a trailer somewhere other than Memphis) because it was on Twitter. Although Twitter is great when it alters Trumps posts...

Honestly I think I can make more consistent and coherent sense out of HuffPo and Mother Jones articles.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Antifa seems more like a bunch of dumb armed kids which isnt new, than a an extreme terrorist group, rather then a criminal network, but the thing is they have caused much ruckus before. And they tell me to be punctual.

edit on 3-6-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sorry I thought we were at the point in the conversation where we abandon the topic and instead ask gotcha questions to score points for our team.

I answered your question to the best of my ability. I support the many antifa groups that seek to their community through outreach. I also oppose other antifa groups that seek to spread their message through destruction of the communities they claim to represent.

I do not support Big A Antifa as it doesn't exist. As I've expected l explained to you a number of times Antifa is not a national organization with a concrete structure and hierarchy. It is a loose conglomeration of small groups all of whom do their own thing but agree on one basic tenet: Fascism sucks and needs to be opposed.

You ask if I support Antifa. Well I support that core tenet. If that means I support your concept of Antifa then so be it.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Do you find the mask thing convenient now?
You kind of blend in with the ordinary folks?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Not really, haven't bought one yet, even though i do have respirator, but wouldn't know if it be as good as those 94s or 95s.

Not really.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Stop being an asshole. How many times are you going to ask the same question of Gryphon66 after not getting the answer you want?

Violence is not wanted by the protesters but dicks are using the protests as an excuse to do violent #.

Then police crack down on the protester because now it’s a “riot” due to people, sometimes blocks away, breaking a god damn window and Looting things.

Which leads to people like you then having the excuse to dismiss the protesters as looters and rioters so you don’t have to think any uncomfortable thoughts that may challenge you.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Dude are you blind, or stupid on purpose?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Then police crack down on the protester because now it’s a “riot” due to people, sometimes blocks away, breaking a god damn window and Looting things.

Which leads to people like you then having the excuse to dismiss the protesters as looters and rioters so you don’t have to think any uncomfortable thoughts that may challenge you.

No one is challenged by the idea of a cop murdering a black guy, I think nearly everyone agrees the cops were in the wrong. What I strongly disagree with however is burning down businesses and destroying public property, people are using it as an excuse to commit crimes as you said, but when it's so wide spread there's nothing wise in supporting continued protests. There is something wrong with anyone who can encourage that behavior after seeing that black man cry when he lost everything he worked for. It proves they care more about political stances than actually uplifting the living standards of black people.

When they decided to overrun a police station I knew they had crossed a line. It's hard to label that as anything but an act of terrorism, and it's highly probable many of the rioters involved were Antifa members. If it were just a broken window here and there it wouldn't be a huge concern, but it's clearly way beyond that now, I watched a stream the other night of someone walking around showing building after building on fire. It's also very amusing to see clips from MSM reporters standing in front of blazing fires and having things thrown at them while trying to convince viewers it's a "mostly peaceful protest".

You can try to convince yourself all day long that Antifa members aren't thugs who would do stuff like this but that's clearly not true. Up until now I don't think they've done anything worthy of being labelled terrorism, but at some point you need to draw a line. Believe it or not I actually agree with the OP that they overreacted to the J20 protesters, but the OP also tries to paint a picture like they were completely free of any wrong doing, which isn't the case. The way I see it, anyone who thinks Antifa didn't earn this title either doesn't know enough about them or is allowing political bias to blind them.
edit on 4/6/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I support the many antifa groups that seek to their community through outreach. I also oppose other antifa groups that seek to spread their message through destruction of the communities they claim to represent.
You ask if I support Antifa. Well I support that core tenet. If that means I support your concept of Antifa then so be it.

This is precisely the problem, people think "well I don't like fascism so I must support Antifa regardless of their destructive side". Just because a group labels its self as anti-fascists doesn't automatically mean they have principles true to that label. In fact I would go as far as saying Antifa is a very fascist organization, they support draconian levels of big brother censorship and demand authoritarian control over every aspect of how society functions, yet ironically think of themselves as anti-government or even anarchistic. I'll never forget that one video where they are assaulting an old man after attacking him in his car because he wouldn't follow their made up road rules. They use brute force and violence to get what they want, in other words they are petty control freaks who represent everything they claim to stand against. They are clowns of the highest order who fail to see the deep irony of their flawed ideologies.
edit on 4/6/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
The day was January 20, 2017. Donald Trump was being inaugurated and already his war against the Left had begun. Thousands of protesters had taken to the street to express their displeasure at the man who was becoming President.

And you don't see it as unreasonable for Thousands of people to protest something that hadn't even happened yet?

Unless you are implying they where protesting democracy itself since that was the only thing to protest on January 20, 2017 regarding Donald Trump. That he won an election.

I don't know if it was right to arrest 200 democracy protesters. But it sure is satisfying to hear about.

ETA

And to be clear had 200 democracy protesters been arrested for protesting the president on January 20, 2009 I'd feel the exact same way ... satisfied that these democracy protesters where arrested... I'd probably also call them racist... and so would you and the rest of the world.
edit on 4-6-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join