It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to Block Chinese Airline Flights to and From U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
US to block Chinese airlines from flying into the US

The US government says it will block Chinese airlines from flying into the US in response to what it says is a policy that has prevented US carriers from service between the two countries.
The Transportation Department restrictions will take effect June 16 but could be enacted earlier if President Donald Trump decides to do so.
It says the Chinese government is violating an agreement between the two countries for international travel by preventing United Airlines and Delta Air Lines from resuming the trans-oceanic flights. Those airlines had asked to resume service on June 1.

It's about time.

I hope they make sure those last flights back to China are filled to the brim with: (the) Chinese Graduate Students With Ties to China’s Military Schools (to be expelled from the US).

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

If Covid19 blows up this summer, I can imagine a number of countries that might restrict air travel to and from the USA.

edit on 3-6-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

U.S. to Block Chinese Airline Flights to and From U.S.

How about other carriers that aren't Chinese, like EVA, Thai Airways, Malaysia, Asiana airways, ANA Nippon, Singapore Airlines or Cathay? All have connections all over Asia, including the US and China.

edit on 3-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

All the cases by me came from Italy.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Your still on COVID?

The one thing we can all be certain of: if we all get tested enough it shouldnt take long to have tests indicating a 100% infection rate

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Your still on COVID?

Isn't that why the airlines were halted? Why is China dragging their feet on allowing these airlines to start back up in their country? Could it be Covid?

That's why Merkel declined Trump's invitation to the G7...Covid 19.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

If Covid19 blows up this summer, I can imagine a number of countries that might restrict air travel to and from the USA.

Keep hoping...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's not just China anymore. Now it's the European Union too.

EU set to ban American travelers when borders reopen due to COVID-19 spikes: report thehill.com...

edit on 26-6-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Keep hoping...

Yeah. About that:

E.U. Plans to Bar Most U.S. Travelers When Bloc Reopens

BRUSSELS — The European Union is ready to bar most travelers from the United States, Russia, and dozens of other countries considered too risky because they have not controlled the coronavirus outbreak, E.U. officials said Friday.

She wasn't wrong.

new topics

top topics

join