It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is everything wrong with America personified

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It amazes me the amount of people that still say they are surprised at the amount of Trump supporters... it's like they pretend he didn't even win the election or something. His voters didn't buy any of the # the media threw at them before he was in power, so why would they when he is in power?

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Scapegrace

Hollywood propoganda and distortion of fact and history has become the norm and seems to have infested the very fabric of American life.

And the thing is; Trump is the epitome of that very attitude.
He is divisive by nature and seems to be leading America down the road of confrontation with itself.
His acolytes hang on his every word seemingly incapable of showing even a modicum of independent thought and reasoning.
They revel in his bullying, his intimidation and ridicule of anyone who dares to see things differently to what he does.
Anyone with an alternative viewpoint and perspective is suddenly anti-American and dissenters should be denied the opportunity to voice their opinions.

You do see how this looks to outsiders looking in?

This is supposed to be The Land of The Free, the bastion of hope for all free thinkers.

Your Founding Fathers who are so often mentioned - with incredulous awe and almost deification at times - would be truly appalled by what is happenning at present in your country.

To answer your question, eventually; I don't know which country is 'the greatest'....but all measurable indicators suggest its neither yours or mine.
Hollywood movies are not a good way to learn about history. Their main purpose, up until recently, was to make money. But now they produce a lot of social justice-oriented garbage that’s almost guaranteed not to earn a profit.

A lot of American business people in other industries have been infected by the same woke contagion, prompting them to do highly unbusinesslike things, like pissing off conservatives who’re half their customer base. It’s gotta drive their investors nuts.

I don’t think you understand most of us Trump supporters. We think the man is flawed in many ways and often wish someone would confiscate his smart phone/tablet or whatever he texts with. But most of us realize that if not for him, and him alone, the movement to fundamentally transform America might be unstoppable by now.

As for how outsiders looking in see us, we conservatives don’t really care. The rest of the world has done precious little for us since France helped us gain our independence. But just imagine what the rest of the world would be like if we’d never existed.

I boast about America because it’s so often criticized and reviled by homegrown and foreign liberals and Leftists. It almost seems like a religious tenet with them, and it’s about all you see in the mainstream news media, even their comment sections.

Most of my friends and acquaintances are liberal or worse. When I say something positive about the USA it’s usually met with stony silence, which is the same as disagreement. If they do respond, it’s to counter my praise with something bad about America. If I criticize China or Muslim extremists, e.g., I’m usually treated to some moral relevancy, something bad the United States has done or is doing. In other words, an American has no right to criticize anything except America, and he or she is strongly encouraged to do so.

There’s not a patriotic bone in their bodies as far as I can discern. Me, I think there’s an awful lot wrong with America, and I’m not reluctant to admit it. It doesn’t mean there’s not plenty wrong with the rest of the world and it seems absurd to deny or ignore it just because America is highly imperfect.

And I wouldn’t pretend to know what the Founding Fathers would think if I were you. I suspect a lot of conservative American ATS members know considerably more about them than you do, just as you know way more about the British monarchy. Yes, the Founding Fathers would be appalled, but appalled by the growth of government and its intrusion into every aspect of our lives, not to mention the general moral decline of America.

Washington, for one, warned us not to get drawn into European wars. If only we had listened! But then, there might very well not be an independent UK or any First World nation other than Canada or the USA if we’d stayed out of foreign wars.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The MSM/Democrat BS machine is calling everything Trump does anti-Black.

Yet the majority of rioters/looters/protesters are not Black ⭕😆⭕
And ironically, he’s done far more for black Americans than Obama or Clinton.

His tax cuts, reduction of business regulations and creation of an optimistic business climate produced the highest employment rate in many decades for blacks. His First Step Act is a generous and wise attempt to give former black felons a second chance, to make their lives happy and productive. Ivanka got pledges from hundreds of companies to give job training to millions of workers, many of them black. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act “established Opportunity Zones to incentivize long-term investments in low-income communities across the country.” His renegotiation of trade treaties and efforts to bring back outsourced jobs can only help black Americans. And there’s the historically high funding for HBCUs Trump pushed. What did Obama do, aside from acting presidential that has helped black Americans as much as Trump?
edit on 6-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This excerpt from the Wikipedia article on Île-de-France illustrates the extent of American soft power. It made me LOL and still makes me giggle after reading it a dozen times.

“Besides the landmarks of Paris, the region has many important historic sites, including the Palace of Versailles and the Palace of Fontainebleau, as well as the most-visited tourist attraction in France, Disneyland Paris.”
edit on 6-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Made it less wordy

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
“Trump personifies everything wrong with America.”

I agree completely.

that billionaire Cheeto narcissist is the ONLY elected official who will publicly advocate for my right, as a poor man, to own a gun.

That right there is the encapsulation of everything that is wrong with America.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

there might very well not be an independent UK or any First World nation other than Canada or the USA if we’d stayed out of foreign wars

The U.S. had not choice but to join WW II. Hitler declared war on America.

History is what it is.

edit on 6-6-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

there might very well not be an independent UK or any First World nation other than Canada or the USA if we’d stayed out of foreign wars

History is what it is.

Lend lease and Donating war materiel to the UK started almost two years before the declaration of war. And he US forgave the bulk of UKs sovereign debt, to help it rebuild and escape depression in the aftermath of WWII.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Lend lease and Donating war materiel to the UK started almost two years before the declaration of war.

Which was purely a business transaction on behalf of America. Nothing more nothing less. In fact America was doing business with both sides.

And he US forgave the bulk of UKs sovereign debt, to help it rebuild and escape depression in the aftermath of WWII.

Who told you that bollocks ?

Britain paid back every penny. With interest. The last payment was made in 2006.

Britain will settle its World War II debts to the US and Canada when it pays two final instalments before the close of 2006, the Treasury has said.
The payments of $83.25m (£42.5m) to the US and US$22.7m (£11.6m) to Canada are the last of 50 instalments since 1950. The amount paid back is nearly double that loaned.

news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 6-6-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
lend Lease and the Marshall plan did not have to be repaid.

The 1946 loan did, and That is what was repaid in 2006.

But Hey, if the UK repaid the loan, any gifts were irrelevant.

Because no European could ever owe anything to those stupid Americans.
edit on 6-6-2020 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2020 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

History is what it is.

Yes, he declared war on us and Japan attacked us, but there was no need for the United States to do anything other than protect its territory and citizens. That didn’t require an unprecedented military buildup of equipment and 12 million uniformed personnel, nor the invasion of North Africa, Europe or the Far East. We could certainly have stayed out of Europe even if we avenged Pearl Harbor.

All that was really needed was a powerful navy and air force to keep Axis invaders at bay. Neither Germany nor Japan had the ability to invade America, not even its Hawaiian or Alaskan territories. Germany couldn’t even get across the English Channel when Britain was practically defenseless after Dunkirk.

No, the USA would have been much better off staying out of the struggle for world domination. If we’d gone ahead with the Manhattan Project and developed the B-29 as planned, we would have been quite secure no matter who won in Eurasia, as would the entire Western Hemisphere.

We also wouldn’t have lost 400,000 young Americans. Who knows what they might have achieved had they lived? Another 670,000 were grievously wounded. Who knows how many suffered from PTSD and haunting memories?

Before you point out that our casualties were much lighter than those of the Axis and USSR, and much lighter relatively than Britain’s, they were still horrific in scale. And they could have been largely avoided if we’d chosen not to wage total war against the Axis, with an insistence on unconditional surrender.

Our involvement in WWII would lead to our 75-year role as world policeman and opponent of communist expansion, with another 100,000 young Americans added to the butcher’s bill. Washington was absolutely right and we’ve paid a huge price in blood and treasure for ignoring him.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
lend Lease and the Marshall plan did not have to be repaid.

The 1946 loan did, and That is what was repaid in 2006.

But Hey, if the UK repaid the loan, any gifts were irrelevant.

Because no European could ever owe anything to those stupid Americans.

You are aware of " Reverse Lend -Lease " i take it ?

Many people think that lend-lease is a one-way affair, operating just for the benefit of our allies. In August 1943, when we had been in the war twenty-one months, the Office of War Information conducted an extensive survey and found out that more than four out of five people had not heard of reverse lend-lease

www.historians.org... tled-(1945)/how-much-help-do-we-get-via-reverse-lend-lease

Lend-Lease wasn't a one way transaction.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
Washington was absolutely right and we’ve paid a huge price in blood and treasure for ignoring him.

Despite Washington's ideals, the rest of the civilised world was, and remains, eternally grateful for your country's sacrifices during 1941-45. As you said previously, there would likely not BE a civilised world outside of the USA and Canada if not for its decision to participate.

My wife's mother was shielded from the bullets of a German plane by an American soldier who died saving her, despite being a complete stranger. She never forgot that self-sacrifice until her dying day... Just one powerful anecdotal story out of thousands/millions in the Naked City of WWII.

edit on 6-6-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I could say a lot about a lot of what has been posted and said today but bitching with each other over WWII on the 76th anniversay of the D-Day landings in Normandy.....not very classy at all.

Today of all days we should remember, respect and honour ALL those who served, regardless of nationality.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

originally posted by: Scapegrace
Washington was absolutely right and we’ve paid a huge price in blood and treasure for ignoring him.

Despite Washington's ideals, the rest of the civilised world was, and remains, eternally grateful for your country's sacrifices during 1941-45. As you said previously, there would likely not BE a civilised world outside of the USA and Canada if not for its decision to participate.

My wife's mother was shielded from the bullets of a German plane by an American soldier who died saving her, despite being a complete stranger. She never forgot that self-sacrifice until her dying day... Just one powerful anecdotal story out of thousands/millions in the Naked City of WWII.

Thanks for sharing that story, friend. My dad was a medic in the war, served in the Battle of the Bulge and the Rhineland Campaign. Took part in Operation Grenade and the reduction of the Ruhr Pocket, among others. He did not like to talk about it, poor man. Interestingly, he was in the 84th Infantry Division of the 9th Army, which was part of Gen. Bernard Law Montgomery’s 21st Army Group from Dec. 20, 1944 to April 4, 1945.

What a lot of people, including me, often forget is Britain — with help from Canada, Australia and NZ — stood alone against the Nazis from the end of Dunkirk until Pearl Harbor. Europe owes a lot to Britain for resisting Germany, as it could also have avoided the meat grinder by sheltering behind the English Channel and Royal Navy. As you know, the Luftwaffe’s bombing raids became increasingly less effective as the RAF and AAA became better in every way.
edit on 7-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Added content

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

History is what it is.

Ignorance is what it is.

Every war has been orchestrated by the banksters...

Reality is what it is.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Does anybody here know how to stay on topic?

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: briantaylor

Speaking as a Brit, Trump promised a bit of a change, Hillary just came over like she felt it was her right.

Can't say I'd have chosen her over trump, though I'd have taken Bernie over Trump because Bernie also promised change.

All Hillary promised was to enjoy being queen of America from my point of view.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: briantaylor
Does anybody here know how to stay on topic?

Whats the topic?
Foreign interference with us elections via social media?
Oh wait, its only bad if russians do that, right?

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: briantaylor

Dang right. Trump is a racist, sexist, narcissistic, jerk, blithering idiot. Trump supporters are worse!

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
Dang right. Trump is a racist, sexist, narcissistic, jerk, blithering idiot. Trump supporters are worse!

I'm a trump supporter.
Obviously I'm not as valiant as you are.

But if you think he's a blithering idiot he's smarter than you are.

The rest I can't argue with.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join