It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After The Protests And Riots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Joe Biden will have some explaining to do regarding the conversation of systemic racism. The 1994 crime bill Joe Biden authored paid states to jail more people and introduced the three-strikes provision to our criminal justice system. It will be hard for Joe to talk his way out of this, especially when Trump signed the First Step Act where more than 3,000 inmates have been released...mostly African-Americans due to harsh sentencing guidelines.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Cory Booker, Kamala Harris and other Democratic presidential candidates believe that Joe Biden was wrong in helping to craft and pass the 1994 crime bill, which they blame for the damage it wrought among African Americans

www.npr.org...

"Here's the federal government coming in and saying we'll give you money if you punish people more severely, and 28 states and the District of Columbia followed the money and enacted stricter sentencing laws for violent offenses," Travis says.

"We now know with the fullness of time that we made some terrible mistakes," Travis said. "And those mistakes were to ramp up the use of prison. And that big mistake is the one that we now, 20 years later, come to grips with. We have to look in the mirror and say, 'look what we have done.'"

Nick Turner of Vera put the human costs even more starkly.

"If you're a black baby born today, you have a 1 in 3 chance of spending some time in prison or jail," Turner said. "If you're Latino, it's a 1 in 6 chance. And if you're white, it's 1 in 17. And so coming to terms with these disparities and reversing them, I would argue, is not only a matter of fairness and justice but it's, I would argue, a matter of national security."

edit on 2-6-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe
I wonder if Bill was feelin their pain, since he identified and was so connected to theses people groups.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

sadly "the explaining he will have to do" will NEVER HAPPEN

the democratic party leaders will ask
the democratic hard core members will not ask.

the main stream press WILL NEVER ASK...

the only technically way he will be held accountable is just like hillory in the last presidental election

AT THE BALLOT BOX

I have given up getting answers directly .

just do a google search to see what he has done, said, voted, ect.
then compare sources for the real truth

then vote for who you think is best.

in this case hands down trump over biden..

scrounger

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Precisely

He will NEVER be taken down that line of questioning

The things that leftists ‘claim’ to care about and stand for, are NOT what leftists care about and stand for.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Joe will be just like hill dog.

The battle cry will be "Trump sucks!"

He will not be explaining how he has been in Washington for 40 years and let things get as terrible as he claims they are.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Joe Biden "bending the Knee" to protesters, trying to prove he's black enough.
twitter.com...
Joe Biden at one of the democrat debates

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Exactly.....this will be front and center once Joe Biden emerges from his basement and debates Trump.
twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
Exactly.....this will be front and center once Joe Biden emerges from his basement and debates Trump.
twitter.com...

I would not be surprised if they try to stop any debate (with more that slovenly support by main stream media) because of such excuses as corvid, social unrest , or even a bold claim "we dont need to debate trump, everyone knows he is a homphobe/racist/bigot/ xx phobia/ect ".

tell me that this isnt a possiblity

scrounger

ps IMO it would be (no matter how hard they tried to rig the debates or the bs reporting afterwards) a total disaster for biden if he debated trump... even with everything happening trump would wipe the walls with him...

edit on 5-6-2020 by scrounger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join