It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Systemic Racism?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

originally posted by: Observationalist
How about racism in science. Darwinian evolution has a foot in racism.
Defund science?

On The Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Lifei

Darwin and Race

No because science has denounced all race theory from science with the mapping of the human genome , any scientists supporting the classical 5 races theory is ignorant and are supporting racism

So there is a history of racism in science, right?
Darwins theory of Evolution at the time, did have a big hand to play in enhancing racial divisions.
Do scientists need to kneel and apologize for this history.

Recent history:
5 Unethical Medical Experiments That Used Black People As Guinea Pigs

Curious as this new, and not proven safe and effective vaccine is scheduled to be distributed to the black community. first.

edit on 11-6-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I caught part of Oprah's thing about race.

One guy was going on and on about all the systemic racism in George Floyd's life, but I heard all kinds of things that this guy ascribed to being uniquely racist oppression of the system that were the experiences of every American regardless of race.

All I could think is, "If this is really what black Americans think, then we're screwed because we could get others to tell them this is a common thing in the US no matter who you are, and they'd never listen."

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

Yes there is a history of scientists trying to push the racial theory based on false interpretations of darwins work
they were publicly denounced as racist it is covered in the book "man beast zombie" by kennan malik
where race theory came from and how it worked its way into science and then was kicked out as fallacy

but of course that doesnt mean that the entire scientific community supported race theory
just the scientists who submitted their theories for discussion and review and those who supported them

it is pretty well documented which scientists were in support of race theory.

I will read your link and check it out.

As for testing on black communities first well I am not sure about in the US , but I know that the medical community here in glasgow are already doing a vaccine trial with Glasgow university and Oxford university with 250 volunteers from the glasgow NHS.

testing on those first line key workers first I think

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The problem is the black community has not realized that white folks have moved on. I believe the civil rights movement was too successful. It was so successful that white people quickly moved on from race but black people have not and this is the fundamental problem. Black folks are raised thinking white people hate us and it is a shock to our system to find out that they aren't actually out to get us.

I think you may be right there. The big question becomes, then, how do we fix it? It's hard to get ahead while holding onto an old anchor.

It looks to me, from the outside admittedly, that the complaint over systemic racism is self-perpetuating now. Momma can't get ahead because she's trapped raising kids by herself, and she is told it's because of racism... kids grow up hearing about how all their problems are because of racism, and every time something not good happens they attribute it to more racism... their kids do the same... over and over... generation to generation.

Somehow, we need to break that cycle. I'm open to ideas.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I honestly don't know what the solution may be.

This irrational fear of a white racist boogeyman is ingrained into the psyche of the black community. A big part of the problem is that it is cultural. The black community puts a lot of stock in community leaders such as preachers, athletes, etc because often time those were the only voices we had going back to slavery. Unfortunately, a lot of these same leaders benefit by corralling the black community for liberals. So as long as these leaders are constantly pushing this narrative that racism is a problem, I think the black community will use it as a crutch.

Personally, I grew up just accepting that not everyone is going to like me. I also learned that I will encounter racist people. However, those people are not the majority and they don't control the outcomes of my life. I almost 50 years old and have never felt that white people held me back in any meaningful way. The only disadvantages I probably faced were probably more class oriented more so than race.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

How about racism in science. Darwinian evolution has a foot in racism.
Defund science?

On The Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Lifei

Darwin and Race

No because science has denounced all race theory from science with the mapping of the human genome , any scientists supporting the classical 5 races theory is ignorant and are supporting racism

So there is a history of racism in science, right?
Darwins theory of Evolution at the time, did have a big hand to play in enhancing racial divisions.
Do scientists need to kneel and apologize for this history.

Recent history:
5 Unethical Medical Experiments That Used Black People As Guinea Pigs

Curious as this new, and not proven safe and effective vaccine is scheduled to be distributed to the black community. first.

Current scientists shouldn't apologise for the sins of the past but such cases should be compulsory for anyone entering medical training. Pure science with no morals or ethics has lead to things like eugenics and the worst of the crimes in WW2.

Any chance of a link for this specific vaccine? or the vaccine policy? Covid has killed black and middle eastern people at a higher rate than white people and in most medications in Europe and the US. Seems a scandal worthy of further reading.
edit on 11-6-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yes, that was what I was hearing on the Oprah thing.

I specifically recall complaining about things like all George could get was a service job and it didn't pay enough as if that was unique to blacks, but every American encounters this at some point in their lives. *I've* been in circumstances where all I could get was a service job two or three times.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
well of courses but do you realize that whites make up 60% of the population but account for 50% that is ten per cent UNDER Blacks are 16% of the population but account for almost 26% AND they are 1 and a half times more likely to bve unarmed thesocietypages.org... sorry I forgot the link before....

so if not systemic why did the black bird watcher had the cops called on him so many times he made a special sign he sets up when bird watching to stop people from calling the cops......the BLACK entrepreneurs workoiing out in THIER company gym cops called on them....the black person it started to rain stood under an eave cops called....122 black stiudent got lost knocked on a door to get instructions husband held the rifle on him while wife called the cops.....black people just entering their OWN house...cops called. why are these black people getting the cops called when they are minding their own business...or doing something simple normal knocking on a door because they were lost

originally posted by: scrounger

originally posted by: research100
look at the statistics www.statista.com...

]in 2019 data of all police killings in the country compiled by Mapping Police Violence, black Americans were nearly three times more likely to die from police than white Americans. Other statistics showed that black Americans were nearly one-and-a-half times more likely to be unarmed before their death.

keep in mind black people make up only 16 percent of the population. www.statista.com...

washington D.C., with a black population of nearly 50 percent, had 88 percent of all police killings be against black Americans – a discrepancy of over 38 percentage points.

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

originally posted by: prometheus2033
Ok We get it.... Caucasians get furious whenever "the blacks" speak about being discriminated against time n time again.... How dare these uppity blacks say anything... We gave them everything.

Cue the white supremacist talking points and, whatever else babble is used to explain away deep seated systemic racism that doesn't affect you... Cue the "well my neighbors are blacks and they made it for themselves explanation".... Ignoring something and pretending it doesn't exist is a great way to deflect.
A bunch of likes from like minded closet racists and bigots may stroke your jimmy but doesn't make you right.

So show some examples, instead of ranting about evil caucasians, lol. I think the things you think are systemic racism are probably not, and more so examples of the Democrats setting black people up for failure, so they will be reliant upon them.

um what stats are you using again

i went to your source and guess what I found for2017 to 2020?

www.statista.com...

more WHITES were killed (note didnt differentiate between justified and unjustified ) than any other group..

I dont know what site you looked at or what glasses you were wearing

but anyone who looks at the link will see you either didnt look at the site or hope no one else .

scrounger

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join