It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yellowstone eruption in our time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   

check out this pic it shiws privous eruptions at yellowstone, it there was a eruption in our lifetime in the US it will be devisating on the eonemy and the pepole that live there. however there is two super volcanos in brtain alone one in scotland and one in the lake district, long extinct, we think, i say think because in the last 10 years the uk has had a lot of eathquakes more than normal, the largest one was about 4.6 on the richter scale witch is quite large for the uk since we do not have a know fault line. just a theroy but if yellow stone could make a very large 'bang' then could it set of all the others around the world causing a devisating attack by mother nature.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonicX007
it will be devisating on the eonemy

eg. wave goodbye to the economy.

The Supervolcano under yellowstone is meant to go off between 600,000 and 700,000 years and we are currently on 640,000 years.
Scientists are giving example of increases gas escaping to the surface, increase in ground temperature, new geasers, deaths of animals through carbon dioxide poisening and the increase in height of the lands in yellowstone.

However these events are known to have been going on for the last 10,000 years without a supervolcano errupting.

Another fact of interest is that the magma chamber under yellowstone is roughly equal to the size of 3 New York City's, however the magma chamber includes solid rock as well as liquid rock.

I'm surprised I remembered all that

join