It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

De Blasio: We don’t need the National Guard

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
a reply to: AutomateThis1

We don't stack rooms any more.

Israeli pie (limited pen) the fatal funnels before entering, clear corners last. Versus the opposite with previous doctrine.

Reasons are obvious once you've done it.
Watch a few videos, where it's applied.

Way more efficient than strong wall or flood tactics.
Casualty reducing TTPs make all the difference when FIBUA/MOUT.

They still stack in passageways right? Or is that outdated now as well?

It hasn't been long since I've been out, but we still stacked in pways and sliced the pie.

It was basically move, secure doors that were shut or cracked. (We worked mostly with steel doors in the Navy.)

Minimize fatal funnel, start with what you can see, one man opens door, second man enters and clears to one side, third man enters and clears to the other side, and so on, while last man holds the rear. Depending on how many are in the stack.

I will admit though working with thick steel doors is a blessing.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

originally posted by: Arnie123
Doesn't the idiot know that the Military has been through years of asymetric warfare with asymetric training doctrines???

Ah the days of stacking and room clearing...who's leading? 😋

It was fun stuff. One of the only things I liked about being in the military.

Really?

My favorite part... the endless staff meetings, that bored me into oblivion.

I did my best to get thrown out of every meeting possible... I even succeeded a few times.

Those few successes... they are my legacy.

I just got to where I could excuse myself from every meeting. OPS meetings are the worst.

Getting the right collaterals got me out of most BS. I was smart about it. I never had to stand watch. I got qualified as SRF/BRF and duty armorer. So basically I either was the duty armorer or couldn't be put on a watch because I had to be available 24/7 to run down to the armory tonget geared up.

The last meeting I went to my Chief almost killed me, because we were all grumbling about having to go to another meeting and wasting time and falling behind on maintenance, so I stood up in front of all of WEPS department, senior enlisted and officers and explained to the Captain that we all had maintenance to do, and that we couldn't afford falling behind on maintenance especially when we had two CIWS mounts that were down, a 5 inch that was down, and especially so since we were the ship tasked with being the ship protecting the carrier.

The CO stared at me, my DIVO stared at me, my Chiefs and Senior Chief stared at me, and basically everyone looked like I just whipped my pecker out.

My LCPO started shouting at me, but the CO told him to stop, and that the equipment needs to be up.

Lol, that was basically the end of my good standing with my Chiefs. I instantly became a #bag 2nd Class in the eyes of my senior enlisted.

Oh well.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Situations dictate TTPs.

Stacking in halls, tunnels, and other restricted straight aways, are discouraged due to possible suppression fire and mass casualty potential.

Space out buddy teams too line of sight.

Evolving Battle drills require flexibility.

Oh and as always, incoming fire still always has right of way!

LoL
edit on 3-6-2020 by ADVISOR because: Auto correct is dumb

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Someone should remind him that the Military has a strict ROE. The US Military won't hesitate to boot a soldier out for misconduct, unlike US law enforcement agencies. The Military has it's own justice system that's not bias towards soldiers.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

True true lol. Can't be too rigid. I always got reprimanded during training for my outside the box thinking.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The thing is, these rioters who are torching things and attacking the police and killing them or causing serious harm are doing Felonies. That is a Federal offense. Coumo has started to see the light, probably with the advise of his lawyers and is taking action, because if he does not and refuses the Feds coming in, he is guilty of assisting in a murder. Now the Mayor of New York is not thinking, he is blocking the help of the state and feds, if some people die or property is destroyed, he has assisted in the crime...He can be charged with at minimum manslaughter for helping the people kill citizens. He has no immunity at the federal level, he should listen to the lawyers. The protests are nothing, but the looting and beating up of police officers which are citizens out there to protect the public is a Federal crime and the mayor of New York is putting these people at risk by denying help. It is lucky his police forces have not walked out already because they are being restricted from protecting themselves.

As long as Coumo sends in the national guard, it shows he is trying to get it under control himself...he is not going to be charged with a serious crime for endangering his citizens.....then think of the lawsuits against these politicians from relatives of people who died or got gravely injured, personal lawsuits...and their insurance will not pay because they bucked the Feds in a felony happening. I do not know the exact amounts, but a felony used to be a theft over a hundred bucks or a higher amount for arson and stuff like that. Felony murder also applies sometimes, it comes under the jurisdiction of the feds under certain times. I do not know all the laws and limits and differences, just the basics.

Now if protestors cause death of someone by blocking emergency vehicles, charges can be brought against them even if they are peaceful protests. It is illegal everywhere to block emergency vehicles, lanes must remain open for traffic. The ambulance can be three blocks back. There are laws on the books that negate our rights of protesting, protesting has to be civil and not interfere with emergency vehicles because that can lead to bad consequences for some people which can lead to death.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Peaceful protesters last night ---- did not observe the curfew !!!!! 😈

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Wasn't it true that the mayor's daughter was arrested in a protest?

If so, doesn't the constitute a conflict of interest? How can the mayor properly react to protests if his daughter is among them.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
Wasn't it true that the mayor's daughter was arrested in a protest?

If so, doesn't the constitute a conflict of interest? How can the mayor properly react to protests if his daughter is among them.

Yes it was/is true she was arrested and is/was still in custody 😃

Mayor deSlacksio needs to resign pronto 😃

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The rotten apple doesn't far from the tree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join