It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of these Protests

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: highvein

www.facebook.com...

Edit: no longer live 9:45pm est
FB feed is over, try WAPO?

edit on 2-6-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
...and I still initially wonder why the Bureau of Land Management is protesting everytime I see something with BLM on it... Such is the life of a country boy who grew up in the sticks before this nonsense began, I guess.

That's too funny because it happened to us yesterday.

My wife said it was posted that they were going to have a BLM protest in a small town south of us and the locals were scratching their heads on Facebook asking "What did the Bureau of Land Management do now?"

Such is the life of we country people.

The protest ended up being a half dozen bored high school kids from the area.

edit on 2-6-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
twitter.com...

Totally peaceful protests, right?

Do you believe that it was a peaceful protester who put them there?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
There's another way to spot the dangerous individuals...they are the ones that came prepared to be arrested. The National Legal Guild's (NLG) Mass Defense Fund is very helpful in sharing how to spot them:

It took me about 10 minutes to locate photos of protestors with phone numbers written on their arms...this one is a particularly good visual aid because he went ahead and wrote 'NLG' before the phone number:

More body writing that appear to be phone numbers:

I spotted some others that looked like phone numbers, too...curiously, I could only find phone numbers on white arms.

NLG's statement on ANTIFA and Trump's declaration that they are a domestic terrorist group.

And, of course, the NLG is funded, in part, by Soros' Open Society Institute. The money that Chrissy Teigen donated was funneled to the NLG via the Minnesota Freedom Fund:

Also worth noting:

The NAACP Legal Defense Fund -- another fund that bails out activists -- is a bit more obvious about who is running the show...

Their CEO is George Soros' son:

That's the fund that Ryan Reynolds donated to.

edit on 6/2/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The protest came and went already. No one attacked, shot, no bombs set off. Someone found a crate of them, but who put them there.

I saw some Antifa almost get jumped by the protestors when one of them started to vandalize a street sign. They surrounded them and started chanting "peaceful protest." Unless people start going crazy after curfew I don't think there will be anything people here can claim was terrorism.

Here was the live feed I saw today. I may have missed something that can be labeled as protestor violence because I had other things to do than watch their every move.

Oh... OP I think you were missing part of their chant. You said you heard them chanting "no peace." The first part of it was probably "no justice." No Justice, No Peace. It is something they have been chanting all day usually started with one person saying the first part and the crowd answering with the "no peace" part.

edit on 2-6-2020 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

What justice aren't they getting?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Who knows, I was watching the DC protests before Reuters pulled the live feed and people were demanding that the US Constitution be changed so that it fairly represents every one. I'm not sure those people know what the US Constitution is much less read it, but what ever.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The NAACP Legal Defense Fund -- another fund that bails out activists -- is a bit more obvious about who is running the show...

Been seeing these all over social media.

I circled the one request, I'm assuming they are encouraging people to act out, get arrested and they get bailed out ? Am I reading this right?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I will explain but if you have to ask at this point I doubt you will listen and let it sink in.

This isn't about one person. Floyd was just the one that was caught on tape and it pissed off a lot of people it reminded them of times the police acted the same way in other instances. Times it hasn't been caught on tape. Two days ago a man was shot and killed at his own restaurant by the police. He shot back from what I can tell. Things are not that clear because the police did not feel it was necessary to turn on their body cams as they went into a neighborhood firing at people with their paintball guns. Then there are cases police overstep aggression are caught on camera. Complaints are made and filed but 99 times out of 100 they are cleared of any wrongdoing by their department. Teenagers getting clubbed and slammed on the ground for things like jaywalking. Stop and ID with no cause that they will escalate into being physical. Take a look on the internet. On youtube at case after case of police misconduct, overreach and abuse.

No justice is that it keeps happening. Departments don't change their training or procedure. Like putting a knee on a man's neck while he is on the ground handcuffed. People are just fed up with this kind of thing happening over and over and over.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Are there existing laws?

If yes, then your issue is with the politicians in those areas.

But they are democrat areas, so um. . . awkward.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If a person broke into my home or business to take what is mine, to harm my family, I would shoot them.

Period.

End of discussion.

You might have to.
The Alt-Left is now trying to defund the Police...and appears to support police being hunted down and killed.

Then they're going to have to be willing to kill those they're claiming to be supporting, because none of my black neighbors are going to let any of these losers kill the cops living in our neighborhood -- they have declared that openly here. Good neighbors are hard to find, no one wants to throw it all away for a bunch of thieving hoodlum demands.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The most crazy part of this is the gangs who are defending their neighbourhood from the rioters.

Sad state of affairs when literal criminals are better at law enforcement and maintaining order than certain governors.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The right to not live in a city? But it seems to be a choice rather than a denial.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Some might say its starting to appear intentional rather than political incompetence. Tie that together with actions during some virus thing I can barely recollect, and it seems there is something else afoot.

Happytopia aint gonna make itself happen I suppose! Where total centralized dependency reigns supreme, and massive corporations take care of your every need.. until you think incorrectly or dare say something outside of the "daily story."

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

That fits the pattern.

The crowd is angry, but relatively peaceful. Then the bottles and other projectiles start being thrown ... from the back of the crowd.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

They have nothing to lose.

The cops are caught in between the protesters/rioters who will cry police brutality if arrested, and the highest officials/politicians who are often on the side of the agitators, some openly being activists themselves like di Blasio and Minnesota's Keith Ellison.

Any cop, no matter who good they may be or what their record might have been, who set a toe out of any line will be fired during all this, and they know it.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Instead of actually addressing the issue you spout some crap about it being democrat areas. Is that because you think police overreach and abuse doesn't happen in republican areas? Laws are great if they are followed same for the constitution when it is upheld. Neither side is doing a great job at either. When a civilian fs up and breaks the law the police will come in and lock them up but when the police do it unless it is caught on camera there is no justice. Even with a camera, there have been cases where it gets destroyed lost in lock-up, or the video is somehow erased. It has been caught a few times by back up cameras or someone else to the side recording it happen.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

At the very least, they are offering to pay legal funds and bail out arrested activists. I have no idea what 'standards' they have, if any, for doling out their funds.

Chrissy Teigen donated to the Minnesota Freedom Fund which funnels their funds to the NLG. She said she wasn't bailing out violent protestors, but I can't find any evidence she isn't.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Then

Enforce

The

Laws

Already

In Plce.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

lol, I keep reading BLM as Bureau of Land Management too then having to think what?, but why? then it sinks in!

I do that too. BLM? Bureau of Land Management, and I'm not exactly a country girl although my roots are there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join