It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of these Protests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Right out of the gate I see a major disconnect between how we are told to view these protests and how they actually are. I'm watching a live feed from DC of the protests currently. Now, we are told these are "Peaceful Protests" and I'm OK with that, BUT this is where the disconnect seems to enter the picture. As I watch this, they are all chanting "No Peace" at their rally. So we've got a situation in which apparently the concept of "peace" is dichotomous? You can't portray your movement as conveniently "peaceful" while demanding that no peace will be achieved unless you get your way because you are, again by definition, making the statement that you're not being peaceful and won't permit peace until you get your way.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You can actually tell who the dangerous individuals are in this massive group. There's a cluster of 3 or 4 who are grouped together in what seems to be the "back" of the current crowd (I'm gonna say a couple thousand easily) who are decked out in all black, full balaclavas, obvious tactical clothes and backpacks. Like not Walmart packs, either, high dollar tactical packs.
There are others with backpacks who seem to be more typical ANTIFA sheep footsoldiers.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Link?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Once you cross the line between protesting and arson/looting/harming/stealing, there is no going back.

You become a person who is infringing upon the rights of another individual.

You become a thief. A robber. A murder, in some cases.

Once you cross the line, you can't go back to "protesting" again.

If a person broke into my home or business to take what is mine, to harm my family, I would shoot them.

Period.

End of discussion.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You can't portray your movement as conveniently "peaceful" while demanding that no peace will be achieved unless you get your way because you are, again by definition, making the statement that you're not being peaceful and won't permit peace until you get your way.

I absolutely get this point:

But occasionally, sometimes, there is no option other than violent protest. I understand that we in the west, particularly the US and Uk don't really understand how bad sh## can turn overnight, but ask Venezuela, the most beautiful country filled with the most beautiful people and within 5 years...

I am lost with my opinions on Venezuela, absolutely lost.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

What's the end-game though?

I mean honestly, I'm asking!

If the protests "need" to turn violent, then why?

There are already laws against what that cop did.
There are already laws against acts of racism.

What is the purpose of turning violent?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I get that, too... but at that point it's disingenuous to call it a "peaceful" protest. Additionally, it's a bit tone deaf and clueless for the "peaceful" to continue these protests when, each night now, we've seen escalating unpeaceful protests spawn directly from the peaceful protests.

There's a legal concept called "enabling" and we're really close to the point where the protests, peaceful or not, are enabling obscene violence against private citizens who are simply caught in the crossfire.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Yup, peaceful protests in masks, and helmets. They are calling the police fascists. Of course also cursing Trump. If these are so peaceful and law abiding, why are they not abiding by the curfew?

It’s a farce. As far as I can tell, the pieces I am starting to put together, they want to get into the White House lol.

All jokes aside... Serious problem, that needs to be resolved immediately.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The Cognitive Dissonance of these Protests

Nah... It's just Hypocrisy ... They'd have to actually believe in it for it to be Cognitive Dissonance

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
All jokes aside... Serious problem, that needs to be resolved immediately.

Well, as tightly packed in there as they are, yelling and screaming for hours, resolution should start in 5 days to 2 weeks (if the fearmongering that was used to excuse infringement on Constitutional Rights and the destruction of the US economy is to be believed.)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In the case of the US I honestly don't know. I believe there is an umderground movement to destabilise the US but that wasn't my point.

I was simply addressing the point that armed insurrection is a valid thing, not saying it was valid in the US.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You nailed it right there.

Enabling

If you listen to the #ScumMedia it is quite obvious the game plan.

Every curfew that I have seen has been broken by the protesters thus giving the real criminals the cover needed to continue their terrorism using the so called peaceful protesters to engage the police while they pillage and burn. Wondering how long it takes for the rape to enter the picture. Which would really be interesting to see how that get spun.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I get that, too... but at that point it's disingenuous to call it a "peaceful" protest. Additionally, it's a bit tone deaf and clueless for the "peaceful" to continue these protests when, each night now, we've seen escalating unpeaceful protests spawn directly from the peaceful protests.

There's a legal concept called "enabling" and we're really close to the point where the protests, peaceful or not, are enabling obscene violence against private citizens who are simply caught in the crossfire.

Absolutely correct.

link   
These peaceful protesters are not too smart.

They are blocking the streets. If someone needs an ambulance, minutes could make the difference between life and death. If someone is having a heart attack symptom, and there are protestors all over the place, are they going to go to the clinic or hospital to get checked out, their car might be attacked with signs. If they aren't having a heart attack, chances are the stress of driving through that masked crowd will give them one.

How many people have died during the protests and riots because it took too long for an ambulance to get there, or because people feared going to the hospital, or inhaled toxic smoke from the fires that rioters started because they had copd or covid, or did not go to their doctor appointment because of the riot, they were scared to go during high covid times and put it off more now because they have crazies flooding their neighborhood. How about people who can't get their meds because someone trashed their pharmacy.

Lots of the people negatively effected this way are probably not white. Seems to me that because lots of these people that are trashing the stores and torching them are not black....these stores are used by both black and white people...they are hurting the blacks just as much as the white.

The part about delaying ambulances also applies to peaceful protests, they cannot be disrupting things like that. If they stay on the sides of the roads and let cars go through, more people will see their signs. This screams to me that it not about social justice at all, it is people being chaotic, they have been locked up for too long and found a way to get out of the house. For most of these people it is deception, they don't give a crap about the guy that got killed, they just want to have a protest.

link   

Nah it is enabling bro. It’s already there. Hell why is no one talking about minopolis, that city is lost and divided up by gangs at the moment. Cops are not even going into those areas lol

link   
Just saw a kid appeared to be lashing himself to a street sign around the waist?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In the case of the US I honestly don't know. I believe there is an umderground movement to destabilise the US but that wasn't my point.

I was simply addressing the point that armed insurrection is a valid thing, not saying it was valid in the US.

I understand that, and indeed, it does look more like an insurrection rather than a protest.

I'm just curious as to what end.

No one seems to have an answer.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Exactly, they are disrupting what little commerce we are doing, and effecting civil infrastructure. Bewildered the authorities are not doing anything about it. I suppose that is going to be the suprise in the next chapter of this new history of ours being written.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
...and I still initially wonder why the Bureau of Land Management is protesting everytime I see something with BLM on it... Such is the life of a country boy who grew up in the sticks before this nonsense began, I guess.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join