It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"if I didn't have a primary I wouldn't care"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
"If I didn't have a primary - I wouldn't care about this Floyd Rose issue".

If you heard a politician say this out loud - What would YOU do?

This is exactly what politics are in the United States. Do you really think they care about you? Do you really think they care about racial issues in America? Do you really think they care about ANYTHING other than winning?

Not this Senior Democrat Congressman for damn sure....

Senior Democrat caught on hot mic at protest saying 'if I didn't have a primary I wouldn't care'

US congressman​ Eliot Engel of New York has been criticised following a hot mic gaffe at a press conference discussing the George Floyd protests.

Mr Engel — who asked the event organisers if he could speak during the conference — appeared to say: "If I didn't have a primary, I wouldn't care."

Footage posted by News12 The Bronx shows Mr Engel asking for the mic, but being denied by Borough president Ruben Diaz. Mr Diaz said he was reluctant because to hand over the mic because he was afraid everyone else gathered at the conference would then want a chance to speak.

That's when Mr Engel made his comment, which prompted Mr Diaz to reply: "Don't do that to me."

So anyone in New York wanna riot now? If they catch wind of this... It's all over but church, as they say.

And... 16 terms!!!

Mr Engel — who chairs the House Foreign Affairs Committee and is a 16 term congressman — clarified his statements after the fact, explaining that he cared "deeply about what's happening in this country" and that his comment was not reflective of his overall feelings about the George Floyd protests, but was meant to explain why he was pushing so hard for a chance to speak.

I... I can't even...

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Scum like that are why term limits should be standard for every elected office.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Not that I doubt it (and this goes for every single scumbag politician) but where’s the audio/video? No one caught it?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I still don't get how people don't seem to understand the fact that ALL politicians don't care about us. They never have and they never will. Criticism over "voting Democrat" and favoring Repubes as if they're actually any different. The Republican ideals are the most logical, but the politicians are not and they're not genuine either. Even if their ideals are, both parties are no good simply because of the people running the parties.
edit on 2-6-2020 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It's a big club and we ain't in it...

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck
I actually believe his explanation. I know that seems odd coming from me. However, no reason not to weaponize his own words against the party.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You should meet him in person, he's even more of a worthless clown than you can imagine.

30+ years in Congress and his only accomplishment is arriving to the chamber hours early when a Dem President gives the SOTU so he can be at the aisle for a handshake. No, seriously. Ask people who've worked for him. That's his top annual priority when a Dem is in the WH. Wish I was joking.

Surprised he doesn't care about George Floyd? Those who know him aren't.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Democrats like Congressman Engel are counting on Black voters to be dumb enough to vote for him again. And again. And again. And...

Here is what underlies Engel's current attempt to snooker Black and Hispanic voters.

twitter.com...

Will it work?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
Not that I doubt it (and this goes for every single scumbag politician) but where’s the audio/video? No one caught it?

There's a link in the article, but here it is anyway.

bronx.news12.com...

As for his comments, I actually do believe his explanation. He was speaking not of the Floyd situation itself, but rather of the number of speakers ahead of him in the line. Its still a stupid thing to say, but not quite as bad as what's being implied.
edit on 3-6-2020 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join