It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next Powder Keg FLORIDA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Orange County is shut down. No one will start issues because there are too many illegals in Orange/Osceola. Look to Pinellas and Hillsborough that have Tampa and St Pete. Very liberal. Big schools to protest.

Most of them will probably just head to Ybor....

Probably. It's not like they can make St Pete or Palmetto (covering both sides of the Bay here, lol) any worse than they already are, so it's not beyond them to trash somewhere else instead.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Yea, I am not seeing anything much down here. Lot's of peaceful protests, but not much in the way of looting, rioting, or violence my way. I am in Daytona currently, and they were protesting at International Speedway Blvd yesterday, not as much today.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

central and south fl suck, no way i'd live there, north east too. starting about halfway from Jacksonville to Tallahassee to the alabama line not real bad yet, but it's getting there.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

central and south fl suck, no way i'd live there, north east too. starting about halfway from Jacksonville to Tallahassee to the alabama line not real bad yet, but it's getting there.

Yeah, for all the mockery & ribbings it gets, the panhandle's really not that terrible a place. The rest of the state is a write-off, even when I was growing up there, it sucked.
We wrote it off and finally left several years ago.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Because Florida is good for some memes you think things are going to explode?

Despite the repuation, most of Florida is not the crazy neighbor with a meth lab.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

There was a shooting at the beach about a week ago...but that chaos of opening up the beaches after the COVID lockdown and had nothing to do with the Floyd unrest.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Hmm... You Eat Popcorn while Rome Burns ? Take a Stand , or take the Exit .................

Ironic you got so many stars when that is all ATS is doing. Military shooting black people fantasy land.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

for the longest time we use to call the panhandle LA, lower alabama.

once there was a halfway serious joke about alabama annexing the panhandle in recent times. can't find it now, i'm gonna say late 80's or 90's.

something i didn't know until then once al was really trying to get the panhandle. and ga was once a big ol state until the gov and legislature got caught in bad land deals and the federal government divided all three Alabama Mississippi and Georgia. into somewhat equal size.

here is a quick easy link to read, all the rest are kinda convoluted and this one just pop up in the search. i guess i could have used a wiki cause it's fast.

Why Doesn’t Alabama Have More Shoreline?

edit on 2-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I have two daughters and a granddaughter in Orlando and I've been at prayer all day.

My girls informed me they will not be attending over safety concerns to my relief.

You know, police are always taking an opposing force position as it pertains to community engagement. I wonder how it would be if they moved through the protesters and GOT BEHIND them, laid down their baton's and shields and then took a knee in solidarity..

What a statement that would make..🤯

I'm dreaming...I know..🤷🏾‍♂️

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

One good thing about these riots. Conservative gun owners have not yet come out to go hunting rioters. I give them that credit for enough smarts. But if they do, come out it will get even messier.

Don't know why you even thought that.
True conservative gun owners will not go looking for trouble like that, but if the trouble comes looking for them it won't be pretty.

Since you brought it up, remember how many people got hurt at the big 2A rally in Virginia? Oh yeah that was a peaceful protest even with all the guns.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

One good thing about these riots. Conservative gun owners have not yet come out to go hunting rioters. I give them that credit for enough smarts. But if they do, come out it will get even messier.

If they do come out and things escalate, then you can kiss all your gun rights goodbye. Be careful what you wish for.

They bring that crap out to the 'burbs where the legally armed are, and someone better tell them not to bring bricks to a gun fight.

People will defend themselves, and they won't surrender their guns afterward either, not for doing what they had to.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Just think if the police are overwhelmed now, imagine if the 2a crowd had said enough is enough. These protesters aren't armed with anything more than rocks, sticks, and autos.
I have not met many in the military that would fire on fellow Americans.
I could be wrong.

edit on 2-6-2020 by Im2keul because: typing while intoxicated.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

at least coral gables florida got it right...the cowod showed up and the cops took a knee everyone came together peacefully many in tears and it has happened in several other cities as well....we'll see how it goes in Orlando tonight

That is exactly what needs to happen, but our orange leader hasn't addressed the issue at all except to say shoot the MFers. We most certainly need big reform in law enforcement.

Perhaps he is trying bait people to go rioter hunting to justify the gun control agenda that so many in power desperately want.

Despite Florida being one of the heaviest armed states, the citizens are not as stupid as the rest of the country wants to believe and the chances of rioter hunting is nil.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Despite Florida being one of the heaviest armed states, the citizens are not as stupid as the rest of the country wants to believe and the chances of rioter hunting is nil.

I actually think we are also one of the least racists states out there. I grew up with all skin colors down here. If you're low income you're low income down here, don't matter what color your skin happens to be.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

That's because despite what many would think "conservative gun owners" aren't actively seeking to go out and shoot people.

Now, if those people start threateningly people on their own properties and homes. It'll happen. It's already been happening.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

at least coral gables florida got it right...the cowod showed up and the cops took a knee everyone came together peacefully many in tears and it has happened in several other cities as well....we'll see how it goes in Orlando tonight

That is exactly what needs to happen, but our orange leader hasn't addressed the issue at all except to say shoot the MFers. We most certainly need big reform in law enforcement.

NO THATS NOT WHAT HE SAID

he stated "when the looting starts, the shooting starts"...
it isnt PC but is CORRECT

if one starts to STEAL/LOOT from a business or home they are NOT PROTESTERS they are CRIMINALS.. thus if they start then they accept the consequences of their actions.
because "please stop" words dont mean anything to them and they (especially in numbers) pose a clear threat of injury and death to those who try to stop them.

as for "hasn't addressed the issue" what in hades do you take calling for the military to go in if the governors wont activate the guard and PROTECT INNOCENT PEOPLE is?

Look if one wants to peacefully protest (even heated language and passion ) , not BLOCK STREETS (without permits), stay in their designated or legal areas, and disperse when time is up... they have no reason (nor do they respond) to do anything but watch...

but once someone or a group breaks police lines, throws objects, damages private property, loots, and in short BREAKS THE LAW, then they are no longer protesters but CRIMINALS.

the police and/or guard then has to take ANY LEGAL ACTIONS the situation requires to stop the treat and protect the public. that includes up to (hopefully not required) lethal force.

if the local cannot or willnot handle it the president can...

im sorry but NO CAUSE JUSTIFIES ANYTHING OTHER THAN PEACEFUL LEGAL PROTEST.

cross that line and you accept the consequences.. be from people legally defending property and themselves, the police, the guard or the military....

scrounger

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Don't know why you even thought that.
True conservative gun owners will not go looking for trouble like that, but if the trouble comes looking for them it won't be pretty.

I thought about that because not all gun owners are what you like to think of as ''True'' conservative gun owners'' Myself, I can be described as a ''true liberal gun owner'' who just like '' true conservative'' gun owners have my weapons for home defense and hunting.

It's the ''not true conservative'' gun owners that I thought of in making that comment. Those who would ''go hunting'' for human targets in an atmosphere like we see around us now. Those gun owners with less scruples than you and I who would use their conservative beliefs to let out their own brand of ' righteous steam''.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I tried eating popcorn while watching the news on the riots, but my tears kept making it soggy.

Oh my God.

I hope that's sarcasm and not real drama.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

That picture!

LMFAO!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Hmm... You Eat Popcorn while Rome Burns ? Take a Stand , or take the Exit .................

Military shooting black people fantasy land.

LUUUUUUUULZ!!!!

Fantasy is right... Your fantasy, that way you can have a reason to be angry.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join