It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oppressed oppressor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So i was just scrolling through instagram and saw all the blackout posts and then there was this:

www.instagram.com...

Soo, do i understand this correctly, this person feel oppressed because she is a woman, she, in turn think she is an oppressor for being white?

So is everyone oppressed and or an oppressor nowadays? Oppression participation award for everyone i guess

Can someone explain her post and do you think this is a healthy path to walk where people keep finding anything and evertone oppressed? What does that accomplish?

Social issues seem to get more convoluted each day

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JesperA

There are BLM activists insisting that whites get down on their knees and apologize for their privilege and this is A-OK by many of the "woke activists".

"Reverse racism" AKA racism against white people apparently cannot and does not exist and even though my ancestors came here from Poland and Ukraine after slavery had ended and worked in coal mines dying by age 42 from black lung disease, me and my family should be ashamed to be white and feel guilty over slavery and all of the "privilege" we have experienced

SMFH

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Can someone explain her post

Lunacy.
Only word that comes to mind.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Yeah... Saw that come across my facebook feed from a lot of musical celebrities. Their heart may be in the right place but their intelligence is lacking.

So... I've been removing those groups, including some of my own friends from my page because of it. I'm tired of seeing all of that BS. I'm tired of the politics, the hate and the BS. I'm sorry, I just can't get behind BLM and anyone who does is deluding themselves. It's just my feelings. Family - Friend... I don't care. I wont deal with it anymore. This is where I discuss politics. FB is where I discuss family, old friends and humor...

Friends might get upset and see me in a different light... Some may even think I'm racist but at this point, I really don't care. So many people need to get a clue and stop following the latest trend. Not a single one of these people, friend or family, will be out in the streets protesting so why? And why a trend like BLM? if it meant anything, it certainly doesn't now.

Do people really think that the problem in law enforcement only apply to one color of skin? Personally I think one color of skin is more vocal about it in art but the only one really throwing it out there is media. It probably wouldn't come out any other way.

The problem is... It's coming out backed by majority opinion.

If you want my respect... Stop making names for your groups. Just protest as a people already. Everyone matters. Ice Tea... You're full of $#!&. When you label something black, you divide yourself from everyone else.

"We are the world" was very successful. They didn't sing "We are the starving children of africa".

edit on 2-6-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I dont know. what I am taking away from this is that white people are magical. they can just manipulate things that are not happening to them to fit their agenda.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ihave been upseet with the black lives matte rmovement because in some protest there have been more white people then black people at the protest. its just not a good look. We have done the million man march before. so its not like black people can't come out in the droves.

It just feels like white people are waving magic wands and taking over movements.

top topics

join