It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't Tell the Players Without a Score Card

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.

The people protesting against the George Floyd death: peaceful leftists with some of them violent and rioting / looting.
The people rioting and looting: violent leftists, also criminals who have no real interest in George Floyd.
Antifa: also violent criminals who want to riot and loot, but rightists who want to instigate armed conflict between the protesters and the police.
The police: hired to defend the interests of the right against crime with force.
The President: a rightist threatening military action against... who exactly? Rioters/looters who are both left and right?
The Internet and mainstream news: stirring the # for clicks, as always.
Me: just wanting to go to work and "do the right thing" within my own small range of influence.
Celebrities: just need to shut up.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Just simplify it to 2 sides so it fits the narrative.

The violent law breaking poorer citizens of America and the elite class that makes the rules.

The scorecard just represents the power struggle between the champions and underdogs.

But then again if you want to compare our politics to sports, professional wrestling suits us well as it did for the president... brother.
edit on 2-6-2020 by Psilocyborg because: Eat your vitamins and say your prayers.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

You are missing the biggest group. The huge percentage of the population that while appalled at George Floyd being killed and support the protesters, are hunkering down and preparing for the rioters and looters to knock on the door of their business or home with large hammers. We are watching closely and trying to figure out why the rioters and looters are destroying the future for the protesters along with everyone else and hoping we don’t have to defend our lives and property form them.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Don't forget the internet warriors hard at work creating a polarized divide among society by slapping politically-based labels and monikers on folks

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
Don't forget the internet warriors hard at work creating a polarized divide among society by slapping politically-based labels and monikers on folks

I guess that's what I don't get. When people talk about the "left" or the "right," I don't know what they mean. It's like when people talk about "God." What do the people who use these terms mean by them, because they get thrown around a lot to blame somebody, but I'm not sure who exactly is being blamed so there's no way I can tell if it's accurate.

As I've said elsewhere, I gotta quit getting sucked into the Mud-Pit, because it just doesn't make sense to me anymore, and it just angries up the blood. Sick of people with provocative agendas when we should be working to de-escalate and find a way to return to normal.

Oh, yes... normal. It's a rapidly fading memory.

top topics

join