It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Photo taken by me in Cape Verde 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

While recently looking through old photos on my phone, I spotted this photo I took in Sal, Cape Verde back in 2017. There is quite a prominent UFO that I had not noticed previously, so I am posting it here for review.

Unfortunately I don't remember seeing anything at the time, so I can't give much more detail than that. Sal is a tiny island with a very poor local population and a very small number of flights per day, I therefore highly doubt it was a drone or aircraft. It could possibly have been a bird I suppose.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrmanuva
It could possibly have been a bird I suppose.

Bug, probably. There's a blur of a wing there, as well as legs hanging down below.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Do you not think it is too big and far away to be a bug though, perspective wise it looks quite large and far away from where I was standing? Bear in mind this was taken on a phone camera with a tiny lens, so if it was close to the camera it would have covered much more of the photo.

a reply to: Blue Shift

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Aliens ?
Some Ancient Alien Theorists say yes.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Do you not think it is too big and far away to be a bug though, perspective wise it looks quite large and far away from where I was standing? Bear in mind this was taken on a phone camera with a tiny lens, so if it was close to the camera it would have covered much more of the photo.

I think it just might have been in that sweet spot between being relatively far away and fairly big, so it looks bigger in the images. Maybe a beetle, although it looks a lot like a fly. But they can get pretty big, too. A blurred bird tends to look more like a flying saucer. Here's one from MUFON the other day:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Looks like a building...Maybe a resort...

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

I never been to Mexico.
Beaches look nice.
I really hate sand though.
I am a huge ocean fan I love to swim in the sea but I hate sand.
That's why my favourite beaches are in Croatia where we had stone and stone patios.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Aliens ?
Some Ancient Alien Theorists say yes.

Is that the theorists who are ancient or the aliens?
Maybe it's both.

Looks very much like a bug to me and everything is in focus, bar the fast moving object, so there is no obvious way to determine size, distance or speed.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: Iscool

I never been to Mexico.
Beaches look nice.

The beaches are very nice but avoiding being kidnapped and also having to bribe the Federales kind of ruins the trip.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ok I will bow to the superior knowledge of you and Blue Shift.

a reply to: fromtheskydown

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

It's hard to get a good UFO photo, and even if you do it doesn't have a lot of value except for entertainment. Unless the object can be reasonably identified, it's just a mystery. Weird stuff flies around all the time. The one thing we've learned after over 70 years of UFO hunting, it's that they at least exist. It's not just in peoples' heads or their imaginations. Something is flying around, but what... ?

Keep at it. Be ready. It's hard to say for sure, but there's been an uptick in the number of UFOs seen lately (because the skies are pretty clear of ordinary airplanes), and maybe the next time you'll catch a real beauty. Anyway, here's one I saw in a Mars image:

Transmission glitch? Gamma ray strike (usually white). Mars bug? It's just an image, so...?
edit on 3-6-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

It's not superior knowledge, I'm not that arrogant.
It's just an opinion and you don't have to accept it over your own opinion.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

How about superior experience then? I haven't got much experience analysing "UFO" photos (other than years ago when it seemed that literally every photo posted here was "debunked" as a balloon or chinese lantern) and to be honest was pretty surprised when I saw this one in my files. I thought maybe a bird but honestly hadn't thought of a fly, which does make sense given that the place was full of the damn things.

I would also like to think that I'd have noticed an actual craft flying around while I was taking landscape shots and I don't recall seeing anything odd at the time!
edit on 28-7-2020 by mrmanuva because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Totally get that, a photo is never going to prove anything, especially with the insane editing that is possible these days.

Your Mars one does look rather interesting though, as it's not so easy to explain. It can't be any of the usual earth explanations such as a bird/bug/balloon/lantern, I guess we are left with glitch/artifact caused by a processing or capture issue, maybe some kind of asteroid or something that legitimately cannot be explained by widely accepted knowledge.

top topics

join