It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump emerges from bunker to hold up a Bible outside church in photo op

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Do Americans have the right to stand up against an oppressive government acting unConstitutionally?

Yes. They do. So all of the rioters should pick up weapons and attempt to overthrow the government and not steal Nikes. The End.....

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I hear you. I have similar means.

Our friends here particulalry from 2009-2016 regularly blustered about the revolution against Federal tyranny. They seemed to imagine that they would, in small groups, wage war on ... someone, they're never very specific.

So I've often tried to get them to tell me, in practical terms, how they think that would work out. They decline usually.

My guess would be that it would involve urban guerrilla tactics ... which, then and now, I wonder just how that would look different from a large-scale, on-going riot. I mean, don't they realize that the local constabulary would be on the other side???

Anyway.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Do Americans have the right to stand up against an oppressive government acting unConstitutionally?

Yes. They do. So all of the rioters should pick up weapons and attempt to overthrow the government and not steal Nikes. The End.....

No, I don't think so. Looting is an associated but different phenomenon.

What do you think a citizens' revolution would look like in the US?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

OK, I was being sarcastic but let's be real. It would look like...nothing. I do not think it would ever happen for political reasons.

Rioting, historically, lasts about 2 weeks. People get tired of it, the goods are gone and law enforcement is finally in place. People go back to their phones, cable, internet, Xboxes, Taco Bell and addictions. These are crimes of opportunity that are done in the name of (insert social issue). All races are complicit.

The rioting now will soon be over and Floyd will be filed with all of the others that have been used in the past. Nothing changes. Even when the riots went on in 2016 there was not a call for a better nation but gun control. The government will use these events to promote agenda.

If we all got along, and were able to elect the people 'locally' that we really needed, there would not be a need for an uprising.

I think it would take a major natural event or EMP attack from a foreign nation (or internal) to have anything really happen. Truly take away not rights but basic items for survival. To eat. Live. When people see family members starving to death there would be major upheaval but even now most of these people go home. Leave the hate in the streets and nothing is done. Sad...

This video really hit home with me....

Link

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You're talking about the history of riots.

What would a genuine rebellion look like against our government?

By the way, that was a great well-prepared speech wasn't it?
edit on 3-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Im droning on about trival nonsense?

Lol

Says the person upset about trumps photo op and celebrating antifa and deflecting for the country burning

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So this entire thread is littered with Bulls#!t posts about upside-down bibles, tear gas and rubber bullets...and ALL of them are definitively FALSE!

It's almost as if a certain group of people are spreading Fake News...knowingly.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

So this entire thread is littered with Bulls#!t posts about upside-down bibles, tear gas and rubber bullets...and ALL of them are definitively FALSE!

It's almost as if a certain group of people are spreading Fake News...knowingly.

Pepper gas and rubber bullets were not used to clear the street for Trump's photo-op?

Prove it.

About the Bible? I don't care if he wiped his ass with it. It's what he's doing with the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Im droning on about trival nonsense?

Lol

Says the person upset about trumps photo op and celebrating antifa and deflecting for the country burning

Quote me.

If you can't, I say you're lying through your state terrorist sympathizing teeth.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Oh unlike you a dont make upn lies to deflect from terrorist burning cities and killing poeple

Got that picture of the upset down bible yet? Oh no, cause you are a liar

Now that that is out of the way

Says the person upset about trumps photo op

Thats what this thread is about. You even had to make up a lie about trump holding the bible upside down over this

celebrating antifa

You said that antifa are anti facsist, and those against them are facsists.

""ANTIFA" is anti-fascist. Fascists are right-wing, authoritarian, state terrorists."

deflecting for the country burning

How do you quote a defklection.

The deflection is you scremaing going on about photo ops, upside down bibles, conflating peaceful protestrors with your terrorists buddies by saying anyone against the terrorists are against the peaceful protestors, etc.

heck in this thread you basically admitted these terrorists are rising up for a noble cause, unlike thepeaceful protestors of the lock downs

I guess you guys don't have the conscience of your convictions like these kids do who are standing up for equal rights and an end to police state terror against Blacks and other Americans.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Pepper gas and rubber bullets were not used to clear the street for Trump's photo-op?

I see you changed 'tear gas' to "pepper gas".

Thanks for playing.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

A genuine rebellion? Never. Even if the government came to take all of the guns it would not be a rebellion because once a few were killed i think people would turn each other in pretty quickly. They are already conditioned that way from the media , social propaganda and school. Then those who are taught that they are 'oppressed' are wired to make those around them feel guilty. Whether it is about race, religion, culture or caste. It becomes control.

When you actually think about how good we have it in the US, truly, as well as the opportunity things like this just make me wish those kids who are out there were taught different.

Well prepared or not she was right on almost all points. Want to go after big business, sure, hit some big stores they are insured but not the little guy and the bodegas. I was born in NY so I understand. Every few blocks is its own ecosystem and these people are destroying it. Makes you wonder why they released all those convicts recently,,,right?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

www.episcopalnewsservice.org... rch/

That is where I got my information from..
Maybe if the pepper gas or whatever they used wasnt so similar to tear gas as far as the discomfort it caused, the clergy and priests wouldnt have made a mistake in identifying it..

Using chemical weapons to remove clergy from church grounds so it can be used for state/political use...
Tell me just how does that one jive with the us constitution, religious freedoms, or the separation of church and state??

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Using chemical weapons to remove clergy from church grounds so it can be used for state/political use...
Tell me just how does that one jive with the us constitution, religious freedoms, or the separation of church and state??

Sorry cupcake, but God is now orange.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Gini Gerbasi, who is part of a 'different' St Johns church. Also, her statement I think was written incorrectly that she read on CNN.

“Peace, love, compassion. And to push innocent people out, and people who, by the way, were protesting the violent treatment by the government, was sickening.”

I thought she was there to protest the police not our government. Sounds like some TDS to me...

I mean this is what she says about the police....

“So I was already stunned and shocked and deeply, deeply offended that they had taken what had become holy ground,” she sighed, adding: “And literally desecrated it, turned it into not a metaphorical battleground but a literal battleground with those officers and heavily armed—and just the aggression and the hostility.”

I wonder how she felt giving water to the peoiple who tried to burn down the church she is attempting to say was desecrated by POTUS.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Were they church clergy connected to the church? Yes
Were they on the church grounds doing something they considered part of their ministry? Yes
Were they, along with those they were ministering to forced off church grounds by extreme measures? Yes.
Were they notified before hand that this would be happening? Did the trump administration as anyone in the church hierarchy for permission to use the church? No.
Can you prove that anyone they were ministering to were connected to the fire? No!!

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

The problem is that the majority of Trump's detractors don't have the moral authority to criticise Trump. MSNBC, CNN and their cohorts are hell bend on turning the U.S.into either a blend of Communism and social/economic apartheid, or one, or the other. They employ propaganda to smear their political opponents and further their political agenda. The applies to their selective outrage. Heck, they are encouraging violence and civil unrest without raising an eyebrow.

Note how Mattis was smart enough to keep his powder dry. He reserved his criticism, for the defects in Trump's character, and a situation suited to clear moral clarity. Incidentally, I support Mattis's stance against Trump.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Help me out here, can someone name more than 3 differences between Trump and Maduro?
I've only managed to find a pair so far, ther hair and nationality

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Are we all ready for some whiplash?
Ready, set, go!!
Hurry up, change you positions. Those who were decrying those peaceful protesters get ready to defend them..

What am I blabbering about?? My gov is announcing the removal of the Robert e. Lee statue in richmond.
Guess those peaceful protests were just too peaceful. We need to have those unite the right groups join in the fun, more than they have been..

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: HalWesten

Perhaps English isn’t your first language.

The phrase “just before 7 pm” does not mean 7 PM.

Don’t let the facts slow you down though.

You have nothing aside from personal insults. Your own linked NYT article had two different times referred to. Unless you can show an accurate time that the protesters were moved, your opinion and personal insults mean nothing. I have not once insulted you personally. I'm not mad or offended, I just see the real you now and it's disgusting.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join