It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden and the US have ballsed up Corona response

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
John hopkins
Compare these graphs of the ten most affected countries , covering new case numbers day by day.
Ok , so what the stats graphs should be looking like is a sharp mountain peak , and does for the other countries ,

but doesn't for Sweden or the USA .

The curves for these two countries go up steeply but don't come right down again.
Sweden we know , didn't bother to lock down and now they're regretting it.
So what happened to the states ?
At a guess , so many people there didn't agree with lockdown , probably because they're so suspicious of the governance , and that's why they're not down where they should be when it comes to new cases.
edit on 2-6-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

I wish I lived in Sweden one of the few countries that didn’t try to outrun the virus. Old people with comorbidites are dying in Sweeden it’s sad but it’s natural.

I fully support Sweden’s response.

30-40% of the numbers in the US are from nursing homes who were forced to take the sick. Why were they forced to take them?

I have zero fear of death and would never want to give up living for fear of dying. In some states in the US the suicide rate has exceeded the death rate for the virus. The suicides were preventable by simply doing what Sweden did.

As for the authoritarian regimes around the world, they better hope a working vaccine or medication comes out soon. Because if it doesn’t they have merely prolonged the inevitable.

Death is sad but everyone dies at some point. According to my faith death is bliss for those who die and only sad for those left behind.

I do not and will not fear death. I do love and would die for my freedom.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

What? There is still a virus going on?

I thought we moved on to the fake race war.

Jesus, I can’t keep up....

2020 is sooooo much fun!

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
... Old people with comorbidites are dying in Sweeden it’s sad but it’s natural.

I have zero fear of death and would never want to give up living for fear of dying.

What you mean to say is you have zero care of killing older people if things become inconvenient for you.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

What you mean to say is you have zero care for those who are suffering from depression, alcoholism, drug abuse, spousal and child abuse and suicide, because you are afraid for your own life.

All of these numbers have skyrocketed in the US since the lockdowns.

I am fully capable of saying what I mean. I don’t need your help.
edit on 2-6-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I wish I lived in Sweden one of the few countries that didn’t try to outrun the virus. Old people with comorbidites are dying in Sweeden it’s sad but it’s natural.

I fully support Sweden’s response.

Yeah, its great living here in Sweden where important surgeries like cancer etc have been postponed for months now, i can't get my medicines either due to i need to have my blood drawn but was not allowed to enter the hospital due to i'm having a cold, has been 2 months now so now i'm almost completely bedridden 24/7 again, soooo great, much greater than if we locked down for 2 months &, squashed the virus & had reopened by now like our neighbouring countries & there is no end in sight here when we can resume normal hospital functions....

Also, come on, you very well know that not only old people die (also, why the frick should we not care if they die? They are the reason we have all this infrastructure in this country, they build it, they deserve dignity & not cannon fodder)

Also, our numbers are wrong, our government prevented/refuse widespread corona testing so we don't know how many cases we really have, it's higher than the official number thats for sure

And as i eluded to in my first paragraph, it's not just corona patient that is affected by this, there is alot of collateral damage due to the closing of hospital or reduction in hospital functions, people don't get their medicines, people don't get treatment, people don't get surgery etc etc

Why would any sane person prefer this scenario?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

What you mean to say is you have zero care for those who are suffering from depression, alcoholism, drug abuse, spousal and child abuse and suicide, because you are afraid for your own life.

All of these numbers have skyrocketed in the US since the lockdowns.

No, I am concerned about the economy, it has to be addressed
I am concerned about the mental health of those dealing with this crap sandwich
I am concerned about the virus killing my parents, people with immune issues, overweight, etc

I am concerned with all of these things, and I don't have a handy dandy little solution. Lots of people will simply decide what matters to them more and decide everything else is a hoax..its small thinking (and the majority thinking mind you as most people are average or below average intelligence) and doesn't paint a realistic view of the issues at hand.

Ultimately how much is your life worth? If we could save say, 50 jobs and all it would take is for you to die painfully...would you personally make that sacrifice? probably not...but what you are saying is you would gladly point out who should die (aka: your mother) so those 50 jobs are saved. I suspect she would have a different opinion though.

What is then the solution? hell if I know, we are all grasping at straws here trying to figure out how to make things work (or not bothering as many around here are...yourself included) but my stance is that I will try my best to not be in a situation that will get my friends and family affected, and only hope they do the same until at least a verified treatment is available that lessens the chance of funerals in the immediate family.

You do you...but when out in public, wear a facemask. I gotta do my shopping also and don't need people like you breathing on me

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesperA
Why would any sane person prefer this scenario?

The first part of this sentence answers the second part.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JesperA

I did not realize that Sweden was denying medical care to those in need. Same thing is happening in the US. I would still take Sweden’s model over the US model.

Sweden will reach herd immunity while the rest of the world continues to simply prolong the inevitable. This virus isn’t going to magically disappear. Without treatment or a vaccine the number of deaths will be the same all over the world, it’s only a matter of time.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Waiting for everyone that is susceptible to this virus to die isn't herd immunity. It's eugenics.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I would not die to save 50 jobs.

I would die to save 50 lives, in the biblical since.

I am not selfish or irrational. I am quite sane and logical. It’s logical for the elderly to die from disease. It’s illogical to continue to allow the cure to be worse than the disease when it comes to depression and suicide.

Add if I was elderly or had type 2 diabetes I would self isolate and want the rest of the world to go on living normally. And I would be ok with the chance of dying. I would prefer to die than to watch my entire countries economy burn to the ground. So I might not die for 50 but would certainly die for the 40 million who have lost their jobs.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

What is locking people in their homes watching them die from suicide, abuse or a lack of medical care that could have saved their lives?

So many people are blind to the problems of others because they are selfish and can only see through their own lense.

I get called selfish but I am not. I am logical and looking at all the angles. The elderly and those with type 2 diabetes should be isolated the rest of us are better off living a somewhat normal life. Because if the 99% who won’t die actually get the virus and develop natural immunities the virus will die out and the 1% can also resume normal activities.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I did not realize that Sweden was denying medical care to those in need. Same thing is happening in the US. I would still take Sweden’s model over the US model.

Sweden will reach herd immunity while the rest of the world continues to simply prolong the inevitable. This virus isn’t going to magically disappear. Without treatment or a vaccine the number of deaths will be the same all over the world, it’s only a matter of time.

Lund university published a study last week;

About 2% of our population has now been infected by covid, 5'000 have died so far, 0.05% of the population which doesn't sound like much but to reach herd immunity we will need to infect 80-90% of the population, if the death toll ratio per infected persists we are looking at 225'000 deaths (our hospitals can barely keep up with current covid patient so how are they gonna keep up with all the death when +50% of the population would be infected?), out of a population of 11 million, doesn't sound that good of a deal to me & at this rate, even if vaccines would be 1 year away we still would not have reached herd immunity before that, so we are probably just sitting here waiting for vaccines just like everyone else

Do scientists even know if herd immunity is possible with Covid? I have not been keeping up with that so whats the status on that?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
1. The virus is so mild that most people don't even know they have it.
2. A significant portion of the population has already been infected, which has been shown by testing for antibodies in the general population, as it's been going around since AT LEAST January.
3. The mortality rate is about 0.02%.
4. There aren't abnormal numbers of people dying, and the vast majority of those who are are elderly people or people with compromised immune systems who would normally die of the flu anyway.
5. Hospitals are empty.
6. The numbers of deaths to Covid-19 are pure lies, as it's publicly available knowledge at this point that many are people who died of suicides, car accidents, or heart attacks, etc, and that medical centers are financially incentivized to claim Covid-19 deaths.
7. The MSM has been caught outright lying multiple times about normally-healthy people dying of Covid-19 and staging fake footage and photos of hospitals and testing sites.

The fake pandemic is over. Everybody is realizing it. Life is going to continue on as normal whether you like it or not.
edit on 6/2/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/2/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Good posts , informative too , thanks for coming in on this thread , nice to hear from you .

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
2. A significant portion of the population has already been infected, which has been shown by testing for antibodies in the general population, as it's been going around since AT LEAST January.
4. There aren't abnormal numbers of people dying, and the vast majority of those who are are elderly people or people with compromised immune systems who would normally die of the flu anyway.
5. Hospitals are empty.
6. The numbers of deaths to Covid-19 are pure lies, as it's publicly available knowledge at this point that many are people who died of suicides, car accidents, or heart attacks, etc, and that medical centers are financially incentivized to claim Covid-19 deaths.
7. The MSM has been caught outright lying multiple times about normally-healthy people dying of Covid-19 and staging fake footage and photos of hospitals and testing sites.

The fake pandemic is over. Everybody is realizing it. Life is going to continue on as normal whether you like it or not.

Very possibly you're about 90 % wrong

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

"Herd immunity" needs to be looked at completely differently than what most think of it..

Its not a hard percentage at all, and it will actually vary according to pathogen. Its also a bit of a proportional sliding scale that very rarely reaches what most think of with the term "immunity."

Its more that as immune systems become familiarized, it minimizes societal impact.

Frankly, one of the most dangerous things we could do for public health is examining all this in isolation. Which is exactly what we have been doing.

Meaning, the vast majority of things we can actually do are not at all specific to a single virus. Further, the more we examine effective action solely through the myopic lens of a single virus/disease, the more likely we are to run into significant ..even horrifying.. unforeseen consequences.

The paradigm of lockdowns, masks, disinfectants, and vaccines might be one of the most destructive narratives to ever take hold. If not with immediate consequences, then years, decades, and generations down the line.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Did you know that Ebola has over 27% of their cases asymptomatic?
Source

Which faulty test are you discussing?
The research suggested that of the 14 tests on the market, just three delivered accurate and reliable results
Liar

LIAR.
5. Hospitals are empty.

Lets keep it that way.

Sure, its publically available knowledge..its also publically available knowledge covid is started by the annunaki to weaken us so when they return our enslavement will be simple.
Just because conspiracy theories are public doesn't make it accurate information...and since we established you are in fact a liar with sources to back it up, I suspect your magical knowledge of how inflated the numbers are is also a lie

This is not an American problem...this is a global problem. Are you saying every news agency worldwide is working with the Americans to show the same thing for some random reason? Enemies of the US are totally helping the US to keep a narrative up. Get a grip.

Delusional

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
Very possibly you're about 90 % wrong

I suspect you are low on your estimation.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
John hopkins
Compare these graphs of the ten most affected countries , covering new case numbers day by day.
Ok , so what the stats graphs should be looking like is a sharp mountain peak , and does for the other countries ,

but doesn't for Sweden or the USA .

It's because you aren't comparing Apples to Apples.

coronavirus.jhu.edu...

This looks like a sharp mountain peak to me.

coronavirus.jhu.edu...

Here too

coronavirus.jhu.edu...

Another mountain peak ...

edit on 2-6-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join