It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida sheriff encourages residents to shoot looters breaking into homes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
The results are the same regardless.

...from what I understand.

Yeah, but in the uninvited cases I pepper them up with pellets instead of actual pepper.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
But either way you get to be paired with a nice chianti

LOL. You're obviously not the only poster to be thinking this.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

Well, where I live,I have 3 neighbors on our dead end dirt road on top of a mountain in rural vermont, I wouldn't need to do a Damn thing..

My crazy neighbor who lives between our house and the main road just looks for excuses to run out side with his shotgun..

Three times this mud season he has fired it over the roofs of vehicles who come up here to go off roading.

Hell I don't own any guns except a daisy pump bb/pellet gun.

I also S&F you, for breaking your OP cherry

Respectfully,
~meathead

Well thank you very much my friend. Long time lurker first time threader! I did not prepare a speech as I did not expect a S&F for my first post (as I humbly wipe a tear from my eye). I will say this though, I stand on the shoulders of giants. You all rock, just glad to be a part of this (wrap it up music plays).

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

It won't go that far, even Trump's apt to ponder the ramifications of firing live rounds or using weaponized air support against the civilian populations.

My bet and hope is that the protests and rioting begin to lose momentum over time unless someone does something really stupid.

But the message sent thus far seems quite clear, no more public excursions by members of the so-called Police on the public will be tolerated.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Couldn't care less about my property. My family that lives in and around that property? That's a whole 'nother thing entirely.

You want to steal my car?? I'd rather you didn't, but I'm not going to shoot you over it. Break into my house to get the keys, then we'll have an issue--and you'll likely leave dead.

I don't want to shoot anyone...that being said, I will, if you push me to it. Don't push me.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Lovely ... do what we want, or the beatings will continue.

In other words, we say forget the law. We don't and never will follow it. Justice from now on is what we say it is, and you only have any peace at all because we allow it. Wonderful message. It's like an extortion racket you're advocating for. I sure what to be beholden to the people who burned cities like this.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
half you guys would blow away the stranger who had a flat .
by your post alot of you enjoy the thought of killing regardless of any danger you may be in .
Mean wile your kids shot them self www.nbcnews.com...
For ever single Criminal killed by some civilian with a gun there are 100s of kids who Kill them self with there Rambo parents guns .
Sp proud so bad to the bone every one quakes in there boots .
Me I had the perfect way to protect my family I did not need to wonder if a cop woudl show up to save me and mine i did not need even a bb gun either .

And my security ONLY went off when someone was a threat and My security DID acutely STOP a group of teens who thought they could terrorize my wife and kids . The really cool thing is NO ONE not the stupid teens not the wife not me not the kids go a scratch .

My security well she was a Australian Shepard and she was very good at her job . You could walk up to my door and knock and she would just watch heck mite even great you with tail waging .
But if you were holding even a stick and acting like you would cause trouble she would stand in front and bare her teeth and even THEN as long as you backed off you WOULD NOT be attacked .

Yes that is correct teh stupid older teens who tried terrorizing my wife wile i was at work she stood in the middle of the road and refused to let them past they had to go back the direction they came from .
Could someone have shot her ? yes same as someone could shot you . Having a gun and having it ready on call is not [possible when you have kids Unless your willing to risk your kids shooting them self .

LIKE I SHOT MY SELF AT 12 years old . Because my usless parents did not secure guns and just let me and my brothers play around with them .

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
O BTW HAVE YOUR GUNS no skin off my back once you all kill each other and your kids kill them self and with any luck maybe a few criminals along the way then I will be safer .
Mean wile ill just watch because I sure dont see any one doing a darn THING from the virus to this destruction except talk as always .
they talk about how bad trump is and DO nothing they talk about how bad teh cops are and DO nothing they talk about who bad the liberals are and DO nothing but talk .
I am 54 and its been 45 years from the last time people did any thing but talk .

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: jrod
Judd is a racist pig who is part of the problem with the police in America. He supports racial profiling, draconian drug laws, justifies brutality and covers it up.

However I do agree with him on this one.

Yeah, of all the states, Florida’s laws are quite clear on dealing with home invasions.

Speaking of home invasions ... have there been any from the protests in Florida? Any attempted home invasions?

I hadn’t heard of any.

Maybe the Sheriff was feeling left out? Didn’t want the President having all the good lines?

there were no fires burning in NYC until there were. GO figure.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

You are certainly reading a lot into some of these posts...

I've yet to see anyone say they'd shoot someone for having a flat in front of their house...and I've been here a while.

As for your last sentence, that's on your parents, and you. No one else, at all. Just you, and your parents.

The instances of crimes being stopped by armed citizens is, very likely, under-reported. It seldom takes actual gunfire to deter criminal from engaging in such acts. My own experiences tell me that...I've used a gun twice to deter would be burglars. Neither time did I even have to touch the trigger, much less actually pull said trigger. They left...rapidly. I still have the sledge hammer the first one left behind in his eagerness to leave.

Before you use Rambo as an insult...or, rather, an attempted insult. It might interest you to know that there was a Rambo in Vietnam: SSgt Arthur J. Rambo. You can look him up, and you'll see that your attempt at insult falls just a tad flat. Even the fictional character Rambo is a man who just wants to be left alone, but who can be pushed too far... That sort of man, or woman, can be extraordinarily dangerous when pushed too far.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Why thank you!!

Didn't need your permission, but it's nice just the same.

🙄

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Just so I'm clear, is it my guns that will do the killing, or will there need to be some kind of operator to kill us all?

I am a responsible gun owner. My weapons and I have weekly meetings about safety and junk. Maybe you are just doing it wrong?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You want to steal my car?? I'd rather you didn't, but I'm not going to shoot you over it. Break into my house to get the keys, then we'll have an issue--and you'll likely leave dead.

I can't believe how many people are blurred on these lines!

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

by your post alot of you enjoy the thought of killing

O BTW HAVE YOUR GUNS no skin off my back once you all kill each other and your kids kill them self and with any luck maybe a few criminals along the way then I will be safer .

...and by your post you can't wait for kids to die.

O BTW...I'm 55 and have been around guns literally my entire life. From the day I came home from the hospital, there were guns in the house.
Same for my 3 kids.

You know why we don't have accidents ?
Not fear, not paranoia about the big scary guns... It's called training and education.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I approve wholeheartedly with defending to the literal death of intruders your right to be safe in your home from terrorists and thugs. Sane people WORTH their salt will never oppose that.

I also fully support getting creative about defense, too. Just how many "modified" extension cords adequately stripped down & missing their female plug ends can a typical house tolerate in conjunction with sprinklers or hoses on full blast anyway? *POOF* You're a crispy critter.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I hope to die an old old man who never had to draw down on another human being and make that choice.

BUT if the need arises I would much prefer to have the tools I need than be harmless in a dangerous situation.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

ROFL sookie cat lady where are you?
You are in an unhinged minority, not on ATS, but in real life, IRL For you true net types.
Sigh

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

by your post alot of you enjoy the thought of killing

...and by your post you can't wait for kids to die.

O BTW...I'm 55 and have been around guns literally my entire life. From the day I came home from the hospital, there were guns in the house.
Same for my 3 kids.

You know why we don't have accidents ?
Not fear, not paranoia about the big scary guns... It's called training and education.

whats education?

is that like standardised tests?

bleep bleep bloop

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Let’s be honest. These people doing these things see strength in numbers. They are not thinning their ranks to spread out into rural or suburban neighborhoods. It’s just not happening. If you live near one of these places having these problems you probably need to evaluate your life choices.

Get out of these cities and don’t take citiy ways of thinking when you leave. Assimilate to the way people live in the places you move.

This is not a Democrat vs Republican thing, but come on man. You are living in cities and states governed by the very people you are complaining about and you will vote for them again.
edit on 2-6-2020 by iwanttobelieve70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

He doesn't f around and doesn't do PC . Check some of his prior videos on youtube. Must be working since he has been the sheriff for 15 years and the people love him.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join