It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Us and Them - Red Horse Riding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Woke up this morning and drove to work like most days... Sat down in my chair and pulled up the news to see what the day might have in store. Maybe if we're lucky, things may have died down a bit. Corona may have stifled off a bit.

Yeah - Who am I kidding? I knew it would only be the same if not worse. I think many of us feel that it will get far worse with no clear end in sight. Political divide - Viral Quarantines - Protests - Riots - Rising tide of strife and possible war with China on the horizon...

At least I can depend on the hearts of people in this beautiful count..... Ehhh I can no longer believe nor have faith in my fellow man.

This morning I read - NYPD cop struck by hit-and-run driver in the Bronx

Surely it was an accident... No. I didn't think it was either. I knew going in. It was obvious.

An NYPD officer was struck by a hit-and-run driver in the Bronx early Tuesday morning, law enforcement sources said.

The officer was mowed down at the intersection of East 170th Street and Walton Avenue in Mt. Eden by the driver of a dark sedan, according to dramatic footage of the incident.

The officer was taken to Bellevue Hospital where he was expected to survive, sources said.

The recording of the hit-and-run, which was posted to Twitter, showed the cop get launched into the air and hit another vehicle after being struck.

That was pretty horrible. Don't you think? We'll, I'd like to think that we're not the only 'normal' caring people out in the world. Just keep in mind when you're looking around out in this big beautiful world... Everyone is NOT like YOU.

A prime example of the people that walk around in this country that have zero conscious and no heart whatsoever:

Yes... There is an issue with police brutality. There is no reason at all that someone should be in this situation in this country. This is something I might expect from other countries but never here. But grandpappy used to say... That day is a comin...!

Well folks... Looks like old Grandpappy was right. We may have found ourselves in a turmoil in which we will never recover. More examples of the hearts of mankind in this country...:

Tabitha Morning Four leaf clover
@TabithaMorning - Well if he didn’t want to get hit by a car he shouldn’t have been in the road

Skullmidnitekiller84Skull
@MidniteKiller84 - That is good news.Smiling face with halo

Mychael
@Mychaelhoward - He shouldn’t have been in the street

It's more disturbing at the fact that people are 'liking' these types of responses. I feel as long as there are people like this, there is no hope for recovery. It will continue to go on and on without pause - Going forward.

If there are police officers that are busting windows, dropping off bricks, inciting these riots on purpose... Well, I don't know what else to say other than, get yourself ready for one hell of a rest of the year. I'm a bit worried what the country will look like at the start of 2021. It doesn't boad well.

One response got my attention that was right on point:

yes that's me
@PrinceISname · Nothing going on in the world is okay right now...

One other response pretty much nailed what I was thinking.... Sorry to say. I might be a great deal harsh on this but I feel there is truth to it and I would be all for it if innocent people's lives would't be at risk.

Police officers should stand down, go home, and leave the cities to get what they voted for

Hate to say that this could be a solution. Tough love?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Most everyone around here is a hunter and armed to the teeth. Criminals are going to have a hard time just surviving if that happens.

Reading what that sasha posted enraged me for a moment. I thought about my feeling toward rioters (shoot on sight of illegal acts) and wondered, is there any difference between her and my thoughts?

Yeah, there is. The vast majority of cops are trying to help people, the vast majority of rioters are trying to hurt people and destroy businesses. You set fire to a building during a riot, boom. You beat someone with a 2x4 when they're not attacking you? Boom. She's just a sick-minded cop hater and doesn't deserve to breathe oxygen.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Police= frontline infantry, the red shirts
And I am absolutely with you on the last part: get the # out of there!
The first rule of helping is to make sure you don't put yourself in danger. At this point: some anarchy needs to be felt and soon people would be begging for them to come back.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Did you see Sasha's response? That infuriated me most.

I hear what you're saying and I agree. Texas and Louisiana is pretty well packed with steel but (and maybe why) you don't see people setting cop cars and buildings on fire.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: HalWesten

Did you see Sasha's response? That infuriated me most.

I hear what you're saying and I agree. Texas and Louisiana is pretty well packed with steel but (and maybe why) you don't see people setting cop cars and buildings on fire.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. She's an out-right hater. I just want the violence to stop and for people to pay for their transgressions.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Yeah - Who am I kidding? I knew it would only be the same if not worse. I think many of us feel that it will get far worse with no clear end in sight. Political divide - Viral Quarantines - Protests - Riots - Rising tide of strife and possible war with China on the horizon... At least I can depend on the hearts of people in this beautiful count..... Ehhh I can no longer believe nor have faith in my fellow man.

I agree.
It's hard to have faith in your fellow man anymore. And Im really sick of the "we're all in this together" b.s. we keep hearing. Were not all in this together. We're not one big happy family. There are good, decent, kind people in our society, but there are far too many selfish, sociopathic scumbags. Those jerks wreck it for everybody.

Man is lost.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Police officers should stand down, go home, and leave the cities to get what they voted for...

Hmmmm.... some might ask if that's a threat or a promise -- hoping it's the latter. For good reason. Because when the people you hire to protect you become those you need to be protected from, many are happy to say "good riddance to bad rubbish." And when those you hire to protect you refuse to do the job they hired you for, but still take your hard-earned taxpayer dollars to stand down and let rioters and looters and rapists and thugs take over, it's a protection racket... not law enforcement.

There are some awful awful people in this world. Some wear a badge... most don't. Bad people saying bad things to and about LEOs, and/or doing bad things to LEOs are no better or worse than the bad LEOs who do bad things. It's not an either/or situation. One does not excuse the other.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
"If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?"
Matt 12:26

The Black Horsemen hasn't even showed up yet.
edit on 2-6-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
"If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?"
Matt 12:26

The Black Horsemen hasn't even showed up yet.

That should be the next one If as per:

White Horse
- Pestilence
- Plague
- Conquest

Red Horse
- War
- Empire division (We're definitely divided)

Black Horse
- Famine
- Imperial oppression
- Civil Strife

Pale Horse
- Death
- Destroying an empire

edit on 2-6-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
A very serious question. What would you expect 50 police to do when confronted by a couple of hundred violent rioters? Asking them to stop is not an option, so what? How would you handle it?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

People like the ones who were wishing the officer died are the same ones who don't want police around while they loot and take things that they didn't earn, but as soon as someone takes from them, they'll be the first ones on the phone to 9-1-1 screaming and crying because they've been robbed.

I wish the cops would pack up and leave town for a month. They can go police the red towns and keep the dirtbags out.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Agreed and, maybe after the cops take a time out, peace could be had by people appreciating the return of the good cops and good cops staging a reform of their ranks by extracting the corrupt cops. I have had encounters with both kinds and know there are way more good cops than bad but it took decades of meeting good cops to undo the hate I felt after being abused by one bad cop, one time. I knew at the time it was pointless to report him because they all protect each other. This is the sort of thing that diminishes their effectiveness and public support.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

A very serious question. What would you expect 50 police to do when confronted by a couple of hundred violent rioters? Asking them to stop is not an option, so what? How would you handle it?

Happy to answer but you may not like the answer.

There are a few ways to go about this that comes to mind.

- Keep doing what they're doing and pull back as rioters move forward. In the end, there will be minimal life lost but massive damage done in many, many ways.

- Push ahead aggressively using non-lethal assault. Warn protestors that this is coming and tell them to go home until looters are dealt with. Protesters won't like that last part, I'm sure. So this is probably out.

- Same as above but just shouting commands to disperse. Arrest all protesters breaking the law. Double line in the front.
Grab suspect and throw him to the back to be detained and processed. (This is what I would prefer)

- Should riots not subside immediately - warn first! - then deadly force will be used to stop the destruction and further threat to innocent life.

Use only the minimal amount of force necessary to take control of the situation. It's what I was taught at the academy. The same holds true here. If it comes down to taking a life, it should be to prevent the danger to the lives of others.

Remember... minimal first. If lethal force is necessary, I'm sorry. It must be done.

Either way, I really don't see a win for either side. This is what happens when protest turn to violence. Those responsible should be held accountable. ALL those responsible. Any single person, intety, business and so forth that had a hand in causing these riots.

It's sad to see even CHILDREN - not even just young adults but kids are involved in the destruction. That "AR" that was taken from the police car was done so by a kid while another kid was beating the headlights out of the car.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
a reply to: Peeple

Agreed and, maybe after the cops take a time out, peace could be had by people appreciating the return of the good cops and good cops staging a reform of their ranks by extracting the corrupt cops. I have had encounters with both kinds and know there are way more good cops than bad but it took decades of meeting good cops to undo the hate I felt after being abused by one bad cop, one time. I knew at the time it was pointless to report him because they all protect each other. This is the sort of thing that diminishes their effectiveness and public support.

Unfortunately I think this wouldn't work.

What I see going on is:

Protesters Protest- People instantly see an issue in clear light.

Riots begin - People instantly forget about the issue and focus on the riots.

- - -

Police drag up - Riots turn worse as looting happens on a maddening scale.

Terrible loss of life as these riots are out of control and buildings and homes burn to the ground.

People focus on cops not doing their jobs and leaving people to die.

Seems we as a whole tend to focus on only the most recent problem. All problems that lead to the most recent are no longer 'in'. Blows my mind how short of an attention span we humans have. We always want to instantly focus on the wrong thing... the thing that caused the initial problem. AND we tend to only focus on these things for Sport, Pleasure, Shock Factor, if it's in our front yard, if we want to destroy and get free $#!&.

Does anyone else feel like the rest of the world is just a really bad movie and you're the only real person in this whole situation?

new topics

top topics

join