It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitmer orders insurance refund

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Governor Whitmer orders all auto insurers in Michigan to issue refunds.
Rebate checks or premium waivers must be filed by June 10th.

“Michiganders have been staying safe and staying home and they should see the benefit in reduced auto insurance rates during the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Gov. Whitmer. “Every family is feeling added financial pressure due to this virus, and this order will provide some much-needed relief to drivers.”

I don't claim to be a lawyer when it comes to this sort of thing but it's hard to imagine that the governor has this power at her disposal.

My insurance company has already cut my yearly premium by $600. I don't live in Michigan fyi.

nbc25news.com...

What say you?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
She's just another order happy scumbag democrat.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I think order happy scumbag doesn't follow party lines..

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well, depending on their insurance coverage, would they be insured if/when their car gets destroyed in a riot??

I'd say that's a good reason to pay those fees, assuming there is coverage for that, after all. I guess I've never really looked at that.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
A lot of ins cos are doing this already, she's just trying to make herself look good. That's not going to happen.

ETA: Seems to me there was another politician who told corporations to do something (outside emergency powers) because "he said so". Firing a CEO comes to mind... yeah, who was that? Hm.
edit on 2-6-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The companies refunding it...wasn't Whitmer... they announced it a few months back...not her

We have State Farm and AAA...both refunded us...back in March

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I know my premium went down $600 for the year and I found out about it a month ago.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

The companies refunding it...wasn't Whitmer... they announced it a few months back...not her

We have State Farm and AAA...both refunded us...back in March

So she is ordering them to do something that they already did on their own.

Now she she can say she made them do it and tuck that into her resume.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I was wondering if the voters were dumb enough to fall for that but then I remembered she got elected so yeah...

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Correct. We all got notices I believe from the companies....around March 20th or so

Not her. Lies!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Yeah well. Whitmer is a democrat. Democrats are the ones punishing business owners. Democrats are the ones supporting antifa. Democrats, Whitmer in particular, went order happy to try to destroy people.

Democrats are the enemies of America. We will see how republicans react after Americans destroy democrats.

If they don't play nice with us we'll take them out too.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Wow, I wish insurers up here were doing that. Mine is still expensive as hell.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

a reply to: mysterioustranger

Apparently the insurance companies are getting bailed out ... so you still pay one way or another.

The battle hinges on whether insurance providers should have to pay claims to companies that have shuttered unexpectedly ....the estimated claims just from small businesses during the coronavirus pandemic could total more than $430 billion a month, threatening to create a “solvency event” for the industry

two provisions to provide preemptive bailouts to insurance companies in the event that their finances should be overwhelmed by unanticipated circumstances .... it created a situation in which profits are private but losses are public, being borne by taxpayers

unless the insurance industry receives a federal bailout, companies intend to raise premiums

edit on 2-6-2020 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

You are exactly right, I've already received one for the previous two months, so what is she trying to do, make it look like it is all because of her?

Day late and a dollar short wench.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I know, right? I've been sayin'...
Michigander

new topics

top topics

join