It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHILLING: 'Anonymous' Releases Video In Response to the Ongoing Riots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I clicked on this video not knowing what to expect and as the masked Anonymous individual spoke I could feel myself getting pissed.

For good or bad it is always wise to hear both sides of a story IMO before making a decision especially if there are detractors from one point of view.

The video zeros in on Minnesota and their supposedly police brutality over the last two decades. Like Anon says the person killed has no voice and only the Police word of what happened is left for public opinion.

Over the years on this very ATS site and in this forum we have seen actions by police that are hard to justify. The usual, we did not see what transpired before the beat down, or a myriad of other excuses for the police beat down are always brought up; as maybe they should be because we may not be getting the full story in a 30 second beat down clip.

Anyway if you are so inclined watch the video and see what you think.

trendingpolitics.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I hadn't seen the footage of him being led out cuffed from the restaurant before. I don't see him resisting arrest or causing any trouble. Thank you for posting.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

When the police get too scared to do their jobs ... there won't be anyone to document or investigate the people who will eventually settle all this crap. Hopefully, the people who emerge will eradicate the political class in the same fell swoop.

Soon as everyone figures out ya don't need 'rule makers' to tell you how to live your daily lives ...

[snipped]
edit on Tue Jun 2 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I clicked on this video not knowing what to expect and as the masked Anonymous individual spoke I could feel myself getting pissed.

For good or bad it is always wise to hear both sides of a story IMO before making a decision especially if there are detractors from one point of view.

The video zeros in on Minnesota and their supposedly police brutality over the last two decades. Like Anon says the person killed has no voice and only the Police word of what happened is left for public opinion.

Over the years on this very ATS site and in this forum we have seen actions by police that are hard to justify. The usual, we did not see what transpired before the beat down, or a myriad of other excuses for the police beat down are always brought up; as maybe they should be because we may not be getting the full story in a 30 second beat down clip.

Anyway if you are so inclined watch the video and see what you think.

trendingpolitics.com...

Actually, all I've read/seen are videos of the incident filmed by onlookers, and speculation on the event by various news outlets and pundits. I still haven't heard an official police statement for why they felt Floyd was cuffed and put in a position of restraint like that. Also, the officer involved in Floyd's death hasn't issued any kind of statement through his attorneys.

The silence of the police and arresting officer is presumably because their position is indefensible, which the video seems to be striking evidence of.

That being said, it's not accurate to say Floyd's story isn't being told. If anything, all we've heard is the story from the perspective of Floyd, and as mentioned the officer and police department to my knowledge haven't released any official remarks (which again is strong sign of guilt and wariness of self-incrimination)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Minneapolis has a police problem. This is known. But it's bigger than their department. It goes up to their politicians.

Remember, this is the same department that shot Justine Damond.

The cop that did this to Floyd has a long history of complaints and should not have been working.

Amy Klobuchar for one has a work history or working to get cops like Chauvin back on the job. It was part of what made her career. She is, btw, being short-listed for Biden's VP.

The current politicians in Minneapolis make it a campaign issue, time after time, to clean up the police department. They get elected on that promise, and never make good on it. Effectively, they are the only ones who can really start to kick the beehive and make real changes in the department there, and they never, ever do. They have no real interest in it. It's a convenient and neverending campaign issue they can use term after term.

Let's not pretend this incident is unique to Minneapolis police or necessarily even primarily racial. And it's a shame that it's being used to press an agenda that may not be linked to it at all in the way we think beyond the skin colors of the principles in question.
edit on 2-6-2020 by ketsuko because: I typed Floyd -> posting pre-caffeine

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

The video has very little to do with Floyd other than being peacefully walked in the middle of two police officers while being handcuffed.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The OP might want to modify the title, there's nothing "chilling" about this.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

The video has very little to do with Floyd other than being peacefully walked in the middle of two police officers while being handcuffed.

Fair.

That being the case, I'm wondering when Anonymous or any other organization will give voice to officers like Darren Wilson, the policeman whose life was turned upside down, career ended, family and personal safety threatened, because he stopped a criminal rampage through the Ferguson that had inflicted property damage, assault, and attempted weapons theft?

When is anyone going to give voice to Mr. Wilson's complaints, how local witnesses committed perjury to wrongfully accuse Wilson of unjustified assault, how the national media warped and skewed the story to fit the narrative, and how the DoJ tried every angle they could to charge Mr. Wilson until forensic data made it factually impossible to conclude that Officer Wilson acted in any other way than self defense?

I wonder what role Anonymous had in helping to dox Mr. Wilson and any family/associates when the nation jumped to a very wrong conclusion that ended up being very damaging to Mr. Wilson.

There is nothing that Anonymous or any like-minded organization could say, no position they could take, that would influence my thinking any differently than the video footage that has already been released, unless for some odd reason Anonymous gained access to full, un-edited film of the incident and released it in its entirety, not snippets of the event.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

That’s sorta the issue here. Anonymous makes a video “about Minneapolis PD” then proceeds to cite statistics and incidents across the entire state. MPD has issues but the video does a pretty poor job of actually addressing them.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You're right that Minnesota/Minneapolis have problems for a long time and it goes straight to the politicians... but I'll give them credit for making an effort and some progress...

A Minnesota task force on policing recommended 28 reforms for deadly-force incidents. After George Floyd, will its report get a serious look?

But the police federation president, Lt. Bob Kroll, is a bigger problem. At least some folks in the Twin Cities think that police are deliberately allowing the violence to escalate (at the police federation's instigation) because they're angry the cop was arrested. The general feeling is that the police are telling the people, "We'll police you however we see fit, beat and kill who we want, or we won't police at all."

Minneapolis Banned Warrior-Style Police Training. Its Police Union Kept Offering It Anyway.

There’s One Big Reason Why Police Brutality Is So Common In The US. And That’s The Police Unions.

Is Minneapolis's Trump Loving Police Union Head Facilitating the Violence?

Minneapolis Police Union President Allegedly Wore a “White Power Patch” and Made Racist Remarks

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Regulation and training of the police will only go so far to fix this. We as a society need to first fix the warzones we expect these people to police for minimal compensation first if we have any chance of moving forward with this.

A lack of parenting, education, respect for authority, and resources are what's creating this. The militarized police is the response. It will always be the response. The establishment doesn't know any other way to fix this than with force...

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I firmly believe that these officers should be punished for what they did.
I have wondered why we see them putting him in on one side of the car and then we end with the officers kneeling on him on the opposite side of the car. While channel hopping this weekend I saw a video clip from the store's security camera. He was put in on the sidewalk side. You can see three of the officers leaning in and the car rocking before he is on the ground on the road side. What transpired in the car that made them think this was appropriate?

new topics

top topics

join