It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a never-Trumper, I am calling out the rioters.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
But the fact is that some of the rioters ARE being paid to do this, we've seen other postings that verified this.

The fact that you say you're (OP) a Never-Trumper doesn't mean anything. Everyone, regardless of political stance, should be calling out the rioters and looters and everyone who is behind them. They are not protesters in the same sense of the actual peaceful protesters that most people don't have a problem with. There is a lot of blame to go around that has nothing to do with politics, at least from a R v D perspective. Local politics is just as dirty, especially in big cities and small towns where it's easy to hide or intimidate without repercussions.

Nice sentiment, I'm not sure your approach matches your intent though.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Why do you feel the need to qualify it?

As a middle aged white guy who likes Bourbon, medium rare steaks, the beach, narc'ing ATS members out to the NSA and that occasionally wears a pig mask at the Bellagio I'm calling out the rioters.

LOL! That's the best reply I've seen in a while.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: DBCowboy

The same result carried out by the officer as unfortunate as the case may be.

Thing is the horse is out the gate, and the people require more than just real justice for poor George Floyd.

It's a Humpty Dumpty situation if ever there was one and good luck putting that egg back together without significant change where Police and Policing are concerned.

It should never been allowed to get this far.

There are already laws against what the cop did.

*shrugs*

Do you want MORE laws?

And if so, what kind?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I want Police to not execute civilians whos innocence or guilt has yet to be established in a court of law.

What i want doesn't matter, im not American nor black or brown.

I think what they want is to be treated equally in all avenues of life.

And unfortunately, that is not the case, especially where interactions with Police are concerned.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

a reply to: andy06shake

So what "result" are people looking for?

They're not going to be too happy with whats' coming.

They already thought the police was over militarized. There's going to get a lot more toys, and be something unparalled in the western hemisphere.

More video surveillance, Drones in the sky with video analytics, and facial recognition.

Increased privacy invasions.

They cried about a police state?

They just created a monster there will be no escape from.

Oh please, they never created anything of the sort - it was well in process of being rammed down our throats anyway.

All they created was/is a massive financial burden on a struggling economy and small business.

The OP was dead on in one aspect - They are "idiots".
edit on 2-6-2020 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Thing is the horse is out the gate, and the people require more than just real justice for poor George Floyd.

It's a Humpty Dumpty situation if ever there was one and good luck putting that egg back together without significant change where Police and Policing are concerned.

*shrugs*

Do you want MORE laws?

And if so, what kind?

Nah, there's an easier solution. Cops can only be black. When a black cop kills a black person there's no news and no riots and nobody seems to care. It's only when a white man does it that the life matters.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I want Police to not execute civilians whos innocence or guilt has yet to be established in a court of law.

What i want doesn't matter, im not American nor black or brown.

I think what they want is to be treated equally in all avenues of life.

And unfortunately, that is not the case, especially where interactions with Police are concerned.

You're right.

And there are laws against what you've already stated.

Don't know how to make the laws more law-ish or law-ery.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

*shrugs*

Do you want MORE laws?

And if so, what kind?

Nah, there's an easier solution. Cops can only be black. When a black cop kills a black person there's no news and no riots and nobody seems to care. It's only when a white man does it that the life matters.

But that's against the law.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

This is the clearest case of TDS I've ever seen.

It is not Trump's fault that Minneapolis has a corrupt police department. The federal system has no control over that. It's a local issue, unique to Minneapolis. Trump isn't even and never was, from there. So they can't even lay the blame for that much on him.

The entire nation, including the president, saw the video and knew something was wrong. Everyone was mad. The president took action and ordered the DoJ to take action and investigate to help expedite the legal process within a couple of days. That's about as non-racist as you can get.

And yet we have riots, riots that have since spread to major cities all over the country on the premise that this incident was racist, that because the officer in question isn't hanging by his neck by the mob itself, the system is racist, and the president is racist, and therefore the two must be linked and it's all somehow Trump's fault that this happened ...

And you play right along with it and get outraged that the man walks across to the church that is a part of our nation's history ...

Wow, so much TDS.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Were you this outraged when they executed Justine Damond in Minneapolis? Or was that OK because she wasn't black or brown?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Could try teaching the Police not to execute civilians in a protracted manner no matter their colour.

How could they not have policed themselves and pulled the bastard officer off his neck?

That's some sick twisted solidarity there.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I could not care less about colour ketsuko.

Police not so much or so it seems.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Just shows how hypocritical US foreign policy is, saying how bad (for example) China is, wanting to send in the military to stop the looting, violence, destroying of properties and so fort in Hong Kong. China is bad, evil.

Really US foreign policy = DO as I say, don't do as I do.

edit on 2-6-2020 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Do you want laws governing how people think?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Its Trumps fault when he's coming away with the likes of "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" whilst hiding in bunkers no less!

Does he even know what end of a gun the bullets come out?

I would be surprised.

link   

originally posted by: Pluginn
Just shows how hypocritical US foreign policy is, saying how bad (for example) China is, wanting to send in the military to stop the looting, violence, destroying of properties and so fort in Hong Kong. China is bad, evil.

Really US foreign policy = DO as I say, don't do as I do.

Not very.

Sending us a pandemic left us a bit jaded.

link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Do you think people should be allowed to loot?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

You mean like in the book Trump was wielding about per-chance?

After all he likes his commands.

edit on 2-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Do you think Police should be allowed to execute people without the favor being returned since we seem to all about nonsensical inflammatory questions?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Do you think Police should be allowed to execute people without the favor being returned since we seem to all about nonsensical inflammatory questions?

Do you really want to talk about executing people?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join