It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quarantine or Curfew any difference

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Where are all the people screaming that quarantine is un-American
How many times did we hear "You quarantine SICK people, not healthy."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well well well... Don't you deal with criminals and not LEGAL protesters?
Legal protesting is the most American thing there is...

edit on 1-6-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah the curfew is kind of stupid, I havent seen really any protest that has respected the curfew, law enforcement usually waits until about a couple hours after curfew to enforce that for the protestors.

ALso it seems that Minnesota has a good strategy going forward or maybe some thing shifted there because they sent thier natinal guard home today I thougt.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Had a similar question, why are all the people who were complaining about quarantine protesters not piping up?

Did covid go away?

Sheep gonna sheep.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I think I understand it.

One of those things one party supported, but this thing the other party supported.

So that's why you see some people disagree with one, but not the other. Both use fear to convince people they need the government to tell everyone what to do to protect us.

They both look the same to me.
edit on 1-6-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Why don;t they put fauci on the news to denounce this. maybe he can put the fear back in people.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Well, it's far worse here in the burbs (Denver). Up until this past week I could get take-out delivered from the local mom n' pops. Now they are forced to close before I even get hungry.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

What difference does it make? They aren't enforcing the curfews like they enforced the quarantines anyway, so why even bother? Even when the po breaks up protests they aren't doing anything about all the people who are still out.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Riots cure Covid, but here you go...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

What difference does it make? They aren't enforcing the curfews like they enforced the quarantines anyway, so why even bother? Even when the po breaks up protests they aren't doing anything about all the people who are still out.

Milwaukee just said they will be aggressively enforcing the curfew.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
One is a microscopic infectious pathogen, one isn't.

One involves public health, one doesn't.

A person out after curfew doesn't, in itself, put others at risk of infection simply by being in public, in itself.

Two different issues.

Unless, of course, the fact that Covid is an issue, means it's all a potential public health crisis...

edit on 1-6-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Milwaukee just said they will be aggressively enforcing the curfew.

We're watching live stream in Louisville right now. Curfew started at 9, protest still happening, cops not doing crap. Curfew is redundant here.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think I understand it.

One of those things another party supported, but this thing the other party supported.

So that's why you see some people disagree with one, but not the other. Both use fear to convince people they need the government to tell everyone what to do to protect us.

They both look the same to me.

Yep that's my understanding too, it just boils down to supporting your team.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Loving that consistency, I agree. Immediate lock downs with curfews and the ones complaining/screaming about imprisoning Americans? Police going bonkers, peaceful protestors be damned, all out there on video.

The cops antics against the peaceful should get those gun totin, patriot flag wavin true blooded americans cause for pause. why aren't you out there in these streets now, backing up your fellow americans? you don't have to bring your guns. if a bunch of you guys mingled and walked around the peaceful folk, not much would happen.

And the creme de la creme, Trumps recent call to the Govna's.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

We're bracing for a large spike in 10-21 days in our house. I really do wish I had the idiot-confidence in the hoax theory though. It would make sleep easier.

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

How about neither need government overreach.

link   
👋Slap👋It👋

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Sometimes the curfew is nothing more than a vehicle to separate your average Joe Citizen (who will go home) and the rable rousers (who are out).

Makes policing much easier that way. If they are out, the distinction is made for you.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
One is to protect the public's health from a pathogen. The other, at least in this case, is to protect the public and property from the mobs that are out raising hell.
At least when it was just a quarentine, the people could go sit on their front porch without fear of being shot at by the police.. could go get groceries.. lol... heck who am I kidding, everyone's complaining about their churches being close and there hasn't been a sunday where the church parking lots haven't been filled with cars around here.
Guess that is one way the two are similar... people are gonna do what they want to do regardless.
edit on 1-6-2020 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The difference?

People ignoring shelter in place put themselves and other people at risk of illness or death.

Whereas,

People ignoring these new curfews put Trump at risk of losing the election in November and prison in February!

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Riots cure Covid, but here you go...

I could go out anywhere I wanted to during quarantine.
During curfew I can't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join