It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisville, Kentucky Protests and Riots

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well the place where the guy got shot last night is on fire. It's right next door to a gas station so I hope they put it out before it burns down the whole neighborhood!

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
Well the place where the guy got shot last night is on fire. It's right next door to a gas station so I hope they put it out before it burns down the whole neighborhood!

Which is a mostly black neighborhood. That's why I wonder about it being non-local people causing most of the trouble...why go after your own neighborhood?

When they demolished the Clarksdale apartments, a large segment of Louisville's poorer, black community was displaced to the west end and the city became even more segregated. I feel like that was a turning point for the worse, here.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Lots of non-local people downtown but they don't want to go to the Avenues after dark. To me that says a lot. They want to protest in the nice downtown area but the REAL protest is in the west end. Yeah, they're really standing with the black community- at least when they post their videos on social media!

When they tore down those apartments many had nowhere else to go. Rent has sky rocketed the last few years. Even where we live new tenants are paying a few hundred more a month than we are. People on an extremely tight budget don't have much choice in places to go anymore- especially with all the flooding when the river took out a lot of rentals a couple of years ago. Most of those properties never got repaired, just boarded up and still for sale.

<< 1   >>

join