It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he is mobilizing 'heavily armed' military to stop protests

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: Gryphon66

You are welcome. I rather enjoyed it, so no need to thank me.

I haven't heard any of my "buddies" say the military should roll them over with tanks.

Personally, I just want to see the rioting and looting to stop preferably without any more people being hurt in the process or at least as few as possible.

Yep, keep focusing on the rioting and looting, ignore the fact that there are Americans out there in the street who are tired of the police state.

Trump’s going to have a hard time hitting ANTIFA without hitting Proud Boys and KKK. And citizens of course, like the peaceful protests in Washington that were attacked a while ago.

The world sees what’s happening. This isn’t going away.

I don't care if people want to peacefully protest. Let them have at it. I am focusing on the rioting and looting because it destroys communities.

I hope Trump goes after Antifa and the KKK. They are all a bunch of useless losers. I don't even know what the proud boys are but it sounds like a bunch of dumbass hillbillies so he can take them out too if that's the case.
edit on 1-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Deploying US military on US soil. You're all begging to be put under martial law just months before an election.

Remember when you all thought Obama would shut down the country during his last year in office? Where has that rhetoric gone?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I'm going to Chile. Better beaches. I'm a sucker for beaches.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Deploying US military on US soil. You're all begging to be put under martial law just months before an election.

Remember when you all thought Obama would shut down the country during his last year in office? Where has that rhetoric gone?

Trump didn't do it. The governors and mayors did. Check it out - every single shutdown was issued at a state or local level.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump says he is mobilizing 'heavily armed' military to stop protests....

I was waiting for someone to post this as the whole left media instantly spun it to suggest Trump is sending military after protesters even though he said over and over he is with the protesters 100% and everyone in America on all sides sees the death of George Floyd as murder.

So here comes the spin when Trumps tells cities you need to get the looters, rioters, burner etc under control, or he will. These are not protesters and are displaying evil acts just like that cop did.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Will he be commanding the Army of the Potomac from the basement still?

Some folks are asking.

Will Mayors and Governors step up and control their criminal violence in their streets?

Many folks are asking...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
I think people had enough of Trump's threats after he promised ominous weapons and to shoot them.

this has a lot to do in showing Trump's testicular fortitude, and you don't threaten the population.

president v. country

About 330 million are not a part of the "population" that are rioting, looting, burning... Are you?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

The National guard should be called out, but I dont want marines on the streets, UNLESS the guard is overwhelmed.

Is it even possible to put marines on the streets with posse comitatus?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I would have to believe he's referring to cities that are letting the looting go on. Madison, WI for example where they looted and burned on multiple nights and the police chief says they won't be arresting anybody. That's a serious problem.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

How many drone strikes would it take to end the protests, former presidents are asking.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

If the military acts like the police than people are in trouble, especially black people, and other brown people. It's confounding to think there are white people who are entertained by the military sitting up camp near them.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Will he be commanding the Army of the Potomac from the basement still?

Some folks are asking.

Will Mayors and Governors step up and control their criminal violence in their streets?

Many folks are asking...

LOL ... you like the taste of leather too, huh?

This must be such an exciting time for you. The possibility of Trump using the military against Americans.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

All it takes is those little “redneck militias” to self activate. POTUS is Commander In Chief of all armed forces. Oh, and while we are splitting hairs...every police department by definition is a paramilitary organization that is already active and therefore falls under the definition of an armed force.

Bet a whole bunch of do nothing mayors haven’t thought that one all the way through. Trump can appropriate local PD unless the mayors deactivate them...
edit on 1-6-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Explain to me how any cop on the streets would know a persons medical history.

Heart disease coupled with substance abuse.

Everyone has a medical history. I have very limited movement in my shoulders and if they cuffed behind my back it would be very painful. I could ask for a cuff extension and they could either ignore my agony maybe causing more damage or help relieve it.

In Floyd's case he was in pain and was saying over and over I can't breath, and in that position it is easy to "not Breath". Whatever fight he had was over, and he was subdued and he could have gotten off him and rolled him over or sat him up like they did when they first cuffed him. He was cuffed in pain and there were 4 cops...

The worst part to all this is he just totally ignored Floyd's pleads. Think about it...you are on the ground and can't move, can't breath and a cop totally ignores you as he continues to hold his knee and good deal of his weight on your neck for close to 9 mins.

Pretty freakin scary when I put my self in that same situation.

edit on 1-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

All it takes is those little “redneck militias” to self activate. POTUS is Commander In Chief of all armed forces. Oh, and while we are splitting hairs...every police department by definition is a paramilitary organization that is already active and therefore falls under the definition of an armed force.

Bet a whole bunch of do nothing mayors haven’t thought that one all the way through. Trump can appropriate local PD unless the mayors deactivate them...

LOL. Spoken like a true libertarian.

And VOILA ... you have a police state with Trump in extra-Constitutional command.

You must be so excited.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Nope, Constitutionalist. Rather than find ways to avoid it like the Commies do. I find ways to enforce it. I can reason the 1936 NFA away right now. The people must have access to fully automated weapons otherwise Congress would be unable to complete one of their powers in grantIng letters of marquee...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: muzzleflash

I'm going to Chile. Better beaches. I'm a sucker for beaches.

Whoa there buddy.

Switzerland has some of the most amazing beaches dreamt of, with huge gorgeous mountains all in one package.

I think all Chile has is earthquakes and soccer balls, I dunno what you're talking about. Heheh

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

And VOILA ... you have a police state with Trump in extra-Constitutional command.

You must be so excited.

No, a "Libertarian" would just cut off all the funding and shut down all these agencies while also implementing an economic strategy that would ween everyone into the new order as comfortably as possible.

Tyrants use militaries to enforce Power.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

You must be so excited.

No, a "Libertarian" would just cut off all the funding and shut down all these agencies while also implementing an economic strategy that would ween everyone into the new order as comfortably as possible.

Tyrants use militaries to enforce Power.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How can the President point out that most of the rioting is occurring in sanctuary cities that have already violated U.S. Immigration laws?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join