It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he is mobilizing 'heavily armed' military to stop protests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Looks like Trump has about HAD IT with the lawless rioting happening for the last few days now.

He said at a press conference that he's activated some heavily armed military and police to deal with all the BS being stirred up by provocateurs.

This will not end well for the "Resistance" being instigated by the American.Democrat.org 😈

Trump says he is mobilizing 'heavily armed' military to stop protests

National Guard troops were deployed near the White House Monday evening hours after President Donald Trump said he wanted a military show of force against violent protests gripping the nation.

Shortly after, Trump came to the White House Rose Garden to call himself the "law and order" president, saying "domestic terrorism" was to blame for the unrest.

"As we speak, I am dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel, and law enforcement officers to stop the rioting, looting, vandalism, assaults, and the wanton destruction of property," he said. "We will end it now," he said.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
They thought we would riot over the now hoaxed ‘stay at home orders’.

It didn’t work.

Add a race war on to an existing flame of insecurity and wala — you got the rioting you desired.

Throw in some bricks and pallets as well, to make it all too easy....

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
well id hope hes not sending in military military vs say national guard as well bluntly military like say army or marines on the street is not exactly a good thing to be doing in a frigging election year and the bulk of the people on the right and left i personally talk to think this would be a pretty terrible idea.

from reading article it seems he intends to use the insurrection act to get around posse comatatus(cant spell it) but i think he should just use the guard to handle this federalize them if necessary from your op

“When those lines are overwhelmed, law enforcement gets on the defense so what the president has said is he wants to dominate the streets with National Guard, with the police presence and what studies have shown... that when there is an overwhelming National Guard presence it actually deescalates the situation and causes less civil unrest. So Gen Milley has really been on point in talking about the National Guard. The effectiveness and ensuring that they are utilized to great effect across the country,” she said.
hopefully this is the case and is just typical reuters twisting what he had been saying and or over reacting as farther down they downplayed his mostly unifying speech he gave from Florida during the space x successful launch and ill quote that below which reuters called "scripted"

www.whitehouse.gov... ill leave out the space parts and focus on the MN situation

Before going further on this exciting day for all America in space, I want to say a few words about the situation in Minnesota. The death of George Floyd on the streets of Minneapolis was a grave tragedy. It should never have happened. It has filled Americans all over the country with horror, anger, and grief.

Yesterday, I spoke to George’s family and expressed the sorrow of our entire nation for their loss. I stand before you as a friend and ally to every American seeking justice and peace. And I stand before you in firm opposition to anyone exploiting this tragedy to loot, rob, attack, and menace. Healing, not hatred; justice, not chaos are the mission at hand.

(Applause.) The police officers involved in this incident have been fired from their jobs. One officer has already been arrested and charged with murder. State and federal authorities are carrying out an investigation to see what further charges may be warranted, including against, sadly, the other three.

In addition, my administration has opened a civil rights investigation, and I have asked the Attorney General and the Justice Department to expedite it.
so hopefully he sticks with this message even if some want to ignore the fact he even gave it
edit on Mon Jun 1 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote, added PARAGRAPHS...... IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It will be fun to see how these little Molotov antifa cocktails do against military grade tear gas.

Regular protesters would be wise to stay home the next few nights, while the Cockroaches are gassed and gathered for prison.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Will he be commanding the Army of the Potomac from the basement still?

Some folks are asking.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: xuenchen

It will be fun to see how these little Molotov antifa cocktails do against military grade tear gas.

Regular protesters would be wise to stay home the next few nights, while the Cockroaches are gassed and gathered for prison.

You are going to be so disappointed.

You're tipping your hand for all to see ... for nothing.

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Will he be commanding the Army of the Potomac from the basement still?

Some folks are asking.

Did you not just see him stroll across Lafayette Park????

Wasn't hiding from anyone........

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think people had enough of Trump's threats after he promised ominous weapons and to shoot them.

this has a lot to do in showing Trump's testicular fortitude, and you don't threaten the population.

president v. country

if Trump gives order and someone dies from trumps orders, you all know you can kiss America goodbye.

the fallout would not stop in the civilian sector either, the military would crumple from within...

Trump's an idiot, he's not stupid.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Totally agree.

The National guard should be called out, but I dont want marines on the streets, UNLESS the guard is overwhelmed.

The left wing terrorists have put us in a difficult spot.

The whole world agreed the death of floyd was horrific, and most supported protests. But the radical left (not most left wingers who i may disagree with but despise these riots) wanted to push their destroy america narrative, and democratic leaders allowed them to overtake cities (i think because they agree with these extermists, and want to cause a disaster for trump to help them gain power)

So now its a very tough position, but as someone who wants to see these left wing terrorists face fukll justice, Ill also soeak up if i feel the response is an undue violation of our rights

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Nah.

Trump is gonna pose like Washington Crossing the Potomac packing his Colt 1911 with a sign that says 'Come at me you sniphats.'.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yes the leadership on the left certainly is hoping police or a national guard member kill someone, they would love an excuse to make the country burn some more

Meanwhile its not trump vs the country.

Its trump and the country vs the left wing terrorists burning building with children inside and then blocking fir trucks, beating shop owners to near death, burning cities including the shops and homes of americans, etc.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
For G.

The report added that significant conditions included "fentanyl intoxication" and "recent methamphetamine use," in addition to "Arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease."

How is a cop suppose to know?
edit on 1-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Removed because post was removed i was responding to
edit on 1-6-2020 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2020 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Too late.

Don't delete it now.

When someone shows you who they are ... believe them.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Explain to me how any cop on the streets would know a persons medical history.

Heart disease coupled with substance abuse.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

You have a PM.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yes the leadership on the left certainly is hoping police or a national guard member kill someone, they would love an excuse to make the country burn some more

Meanwhile its not trump vs the country.

Its trump and the country vs the left wing terrorists burning building with children inside and then blocking fir trucks, beating shop owners to near death, burning cities including the shops and homes of americans, etc.

Are you a mindreader?

Can you quote anything from any leader "on the left" which backs this up?

Or is it OPINION?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

From the title of your source.

The report also found that his death was a homicide

Talk about clickbait.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Yes the leadership on the left certainly is hoping police or a national guard member kill someone...

"Someone" has already been killed by police/National Guard.

Louisville, Kentucky, police chief fired after protest shooting death www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join