It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on down there United States?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Trump just made some rather alarming remarks, basically threatening martial law, yes actual military force if state governors don't get a hold of things.

Skip to around 30:00 Minute mark.

edit on 1-6-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I think he is actually saying it in regards to DC.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Insurrection Act

Insurrection Act

Insurrection Act

Actions underneath this Act have historically been exempt from Posse Comitatus.

This is the same act that was used by Eisenhower to desegregate Little Rock Schools, and by LBJ and George HW Bush to restore order after the King Assassination and 92 LA riots respectively using Federal Troop as well as National Guard.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Not quite, 34:40 mark he clearly says city or states refuses to stop the 'violence' with local law enforcement or national guard military action will be used.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
We just activated what essentially everybody on this forum has been claiming to be afraid of for their entire lives, but because its Trump everyone is gonna go right along with it.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Poor Canada right now....

He was talking about DC.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Not quite, 34:40 mark he clearly says city or states refuses to stop the 'violence' with local law enforcement or national guard military action will be used.

I think you should listen again mate.

link   
a reply to: jefwane

Interesting:

Whenever the President considers that unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States, make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any State by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, he may call into Federal service such of the militia of any State, and use such of the armed forces, as he considers necessary to enforce those laws or to suppress the rebellion.

So the president can call a militia of their own?

link   
is it me or does it seem extremely disrespectful to play the audio of the protest while trump speaks?

(post by DerBeobachter removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Oh, not much, just watching the descent into authoritarianism.

But that's all cool, since Trump is the dictator we don't need no stinkin' Constitution or checks and balances no more.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

The States governors should be able to get this under control since they are able to call out the National Guard to assist the local law enforcement. What's stopping them is political agendas and Trumps seems to be implying that if those governors put politics above the safety of the people in their states, then Trump will move to the next level.

Trump also implied something bout protecting the 2A, but didn't elaborate anything more about that.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I did, he clearly differentiates the other states and Washington, and even pauses and starts a whole new thought process. The only difference is he mentions a curfew for DC. But both involve threatening to use military force.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
"...to stop the rioting and looting, to end the drstruction and arson and to protect the rights of law abiding American citizens, including your Second Amendment rights."

He is essentially saying, or reiterating once again, to use the National Guard to quell the rioters who are causing grave economic damage, especially after the economic hit from the Chinese plague, these people went overboard and literally destroyed the last vestiges of hard working American businesses.

I'm so f# disgusted.

President Trump says, if you won't do your job and protect your residents, I'll do it for you.

Good.

Trump is trying to whip the Govenors into action, does that mean he is deploying military forces?

NOPE.

He is waving the big stick on the incompetent Dem Gov.
edit on 1-6-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I wonder what the ROE will be.

I wonder what will happen when a few idiots decide to shoot.

This is bad folks.....beyond bad.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

You sir will be disappointed

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I'm assuming you don't live in the USA, but the majority of our citizens are not anarchists, Soros-paid actors or ANTFIA.

The majority of us don't like our cities burning and peaceful protests being used as a cover for looting.

As far as an actual civil war, that would last a day or two and then there wouldn't be a Democratic party anymore.

Which would be fine with me.

But keep that TDS going... it's fun to read.

edit on Mon Jun 1 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

It all boils down to current and former deep State criminals attempting to avoid being exposed and prosecuted.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I can see easily end this with a civil war in the USA.

I don't think it will escalate to that level. Civil unrest for a while, perhaps. I honestly don't know. I've been turning off US news and politics lately, but this caught my attention. Just seemed a little alarming.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join